Dr. Gregory Christiansen, MD

• EMI Health
  • EyeMed Vision Care
  • First Choice Health
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Public Employees Health Plan (PEHP)

Learn about Dr. Christiansen

We strive to provide great clinical and surgical eye care in the Salt Lake Valley.  It is our goal to treat every patient with respect and provide positive outcomes while managing conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic eye disease, dry eye, macular degeneration, and others.  We strive to educate our patients on their respective conditions and help them improve their quality of life.

Dr. Christiansen's Experience

Dr. Christiansen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Retinal Testing
  • Soft Contact Lenses

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Utah
  • Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Duke University Eye Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Christiansen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Christiansen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christiansen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Christiansen's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Christiansen to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Christiansen's Performance
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Doctor Christensen is Very professional and friendly environment.
in Midvale, UT |
I just finished an eye appointment at Clarus Vision Clinic. Friendly, patient staff. They clearly explained every test procedure that they performed. Afterwards Dr. Christiansen took the time to explain what the results meant, and what to expect in the future. I would recommend Clarus Vision Clinic to any friend, or stranger for that matter, who is looking for a good ophthalmologist.I appreciated the texts to remind me of my appointment. I like them much better then the normal phone calls.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My son was referred to Dr. Christiansen by his retina specialist. In the five months we have been seeing him we have been so impressed with his staff and his professional style and personal kindness. We have been through very serious health challenges, but thanks to cateract surgery the future looks bright. Thank you to Dr. Christiansen and staff for all of your help. I do highly recommended him to my friends.
in Midvale ut |
Dr Christiansen and His staff are excellent. They are extremely friendly and considerate The atmosphere is very conducive to alleviate any nervousness I had The staff truly cares about me as an individual. Dr Christiansen explains what is wrong with my eyes in a manner that I can understand I'm so happy he was recommended to me by Dr. Knudsen.
in Salt Lake City, Ut |
I went to Clarus Vision Clinic for the first time today and they were fantastic. The staff was friendly and professional. They were knowledgeable and willing to take whatever time was needed to answer any questions and make sure my visit went well. I would definitely recommend them.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Always willing to answer questions. Works hard to make sure you are takening care of. The staff as a whole is friendly and will do all they can to make your visit comfortable
in Mill Creek City, UT |
Dr. Christiansen is kind, personable, professional, caring and I trust his expertise. Also, all staff is good with the turnaround time. You also have cool music and good books. Staff professional caring, and courteous. A big thanks to all.
in Draper, UT |
The service was fantastic, I was in and out really quick, the staff was great! Definitely recommend Clarus.
in West Jordan, UT |
I have confidence in Dr. Christiansen and his Staff
in Cottonwood Heights |
Folks. I am a consultant for companies who want to create powerful Customer Experiences. Never did I think I would find one in Clarus Vision Clinic. THIS PLACE ROCKS. Oh, they have the mandatory warm and friendly staff. The clinical competence is spot on. But the "wow" really occurs when YOU pay attention to the way that THEY pay attention to the small stuff. The clear clipboard given to you for your paperwork. No advertising there. While your eyes are dilating, they have a waiting room that
in Draper, UT |
What stood out for me is that the doctor take the time to get the surgery done the right way, he is caring and listens when you're nervous about having surgery.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Christiansen is a very competent provider who is very straightforward and knowledgeable. The staff are very friendly and work with efficiency. If I have to wait, the staff makes sure I am taken care of.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
The staff is wonderful. I appreciate the fact that Donny took the time to hone in on my glasses prescription to make sure it was absolutely correct. Dr. Christiansen is wonderful, I wish he was the one that did my cataract surgery years ago.
in Draper, UT |
The staff is very helpful and nice. The staff is thorough and explained my laser procedure in great detail. I feel at ease in their care and feel confident with Dr. Christiansen. I do ask him for more information on my diagnosis, simply because his personality seems to be a little shy. I am confident in his knowledge and commitment to doing the right thing.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I am most impressed with the staff taking me back for my appointment in a proficient manner. I am taken back immediately after I check in. Dr Christiansen is great at helping me understand my diagnosis and treatment.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Clarus Vision is a great, cutting edge clinic with fantastic staff. Every time I visit I feel like I'm getting the best care by the most friendly, welcoming people. I would definitely recommend this clinic!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
The WORST experience of our life! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! Scared us to death with a diagnosis that not ONLY was wrong, but after returning found out that the test that the Doctor used to make his devastating diagnosis was not administered to my Daughter on the first visit! Left 1 star because 0 was not an option!
in West Jordan, Utah |
Technology over the top. Great! Very caring and attentive staff. Dr. Christiansen is excellent would gladly recommend him,
Salt Lake City, UT |
The office staff and nurses are great, helpful and very friendly. I haven't had an appt that takes less than 1 hour minimum. In that hour the Dr spends maybe 2 minute with you. Most times he doesn't even say thank you or good bye before walking out of the room. He just disappears and leaves the nurses to explain and finish.
in Draper, UT |
I was repeatedly told that my procedure was completely covered by my insurance. Then I was hit with bill after bill to the tune of $650.00. Be sure to get approval from your insurance so that you don't get blindsided like I did. Dr. Christiansen will tell you it's covered whether it is or isn't.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
A doctors office that doesn't look or feel like a doctors office! Everyone very friendly and accommodating. Great location. Glasses and contacts have been working great. I would recommend this clinic.
Murray, UT |
I saw 3 people while in the exam room and nobody introduced themselves to me on my first and only visit. I didn't even know who the doctor was until the very end. They made me watch a video instead of explaining anything to me in person. I was the last visit of the day and maybe the staff was tired. Maybe things have changed since my visit but I wouldn't recommend this office.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Christiansen, MD?

Visit Dr. Christiansen

Dr. Christiansen accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Altius Health Plans
  • EMI Health
  • EyeMed Vision Care
  • First Choice Health
    First Choice Health PPO
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Public Employees Health Plan
  • Select Med
    Select Med Select Med
    TriCare for Life
    PacifiCare HMO
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)

Hospitals where Dr. Christiansen has admitting priveleges