Dr. Gregory A. Christiansen, MD

Dr. Gregory A. Christiansen, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 46 years old

We strive to provide great clinical and surgical eye care in the Salt Lake Valley. It is our goal to treat every patient with respect and provide positive outcomes while managing conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic eye disease, dry eye, macular degeneration, and others. We strive to educate our patients on their respective conditions and help them improve their quality of life.Read more

Clarus Vision Clinic
6344 S 900 E
Murray, UT 84121 Get Directions

Dr. Christiansen's Experience

See how Dr. Christiansen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Christiansen

Dr. Christiansen accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Christiansen has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

10 – 15 minutes (86)
in West Jordan, UT |
I have confidence in Dr. Christiansen and his Staff
in Cottonwood Heights |
Folks. I am a consultant for companies who want to create powerful Customer Experiences. Never did I think I would find one in Clarus Vision Clinic. THIS PLACE ROCKS. Oh, they have the mandatory warm and friendly staff. The clinical competence is spot on. But the "wow" really occurs when YOU pay attention to the way that THEY pay attention to the small stuff. The clear clipboard given to you for your paperwork. No advertising there. While your eyes are dilating, they have a waiting room that
in Draper, UT |
What stood out for me is that the doctor take the time to get the surgery done the right way, he is caring and listens when you're nervous about having surgery.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Christiansen is a very competent provider who is very straightforward and knowledgeable. The staff are very friendly and work with efficiency. If I have to wait, the staff makes sure I am taken care of.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
The staff is wonderful. I appreciate the fact that Donny took the time to hone in on my glasses prescription to make sure it was absolutely correct. Dr. Christiansen is wonderful, I wish he was the one that did my cataract surgery years ago.
in Draper, UT |
The staff is very helpful and nice. The staff is thorough and explained my laser procedure in great detail. I feel at ease in their care and feel confident with Dr. Christiansen. I do ask him for more information on my diagnosis, simply because his personality seems to be a little shy. I am confident in his knowledge and commitment to doing the right thing.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I am most impressed with the staff taking me back for my appointment in a proficient manner. I am taken back immediately after I check in. Dr Christiansen is great at helping me understand my diagnosis and treatment.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Clarus Vision is a great, cutting edge clinic with fantastic staff. Every time I visit I feel like I'm getting the best care by the most friendly, welcoming people. I would definitely recommend this clinic!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
The WORST experience of our life! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! Scared us to death with a diagnosis that not ONLY was wrong, but after returning found out that the test that the Doctor used to make his devastating diagnosis was not administered to my Daughter on the first visit! Left 1 star because 0 was not an option!
in West Jordan, Utah |
Technology over the top. Great! Very caring and attentive staff. Dr. Christiansen is excellent would gladly recommend him,
Salt Lake City, UT |
The office staff and nurses are great, helpful and very friendly. I haven't had an appt that takes less than 1 hour minimum. In that hour the Dr spends maybe 2 minute with you. Most times he doesn't even say thank you or good bye before walking out of the room. He just disappears and leaves the nurses to explain and finish.
in Draper, UT |
I was repeatedly told that my procedure was completely covered by my insurance. Then I was hit with bill after bill to the tune of $650.00. Be sure to get approval from your insurance so that you don't get blindsided like I did. Dr. Christiansen will tell you it's covered whether it is or isn't.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
A doctors office that doesn't look or feel like a doctors office! Everyone very friendly and accommodating. Great location. Glasses and contacts have been working great. I would recommend this clinic.
Murray, UT |
I saw 3 people while in the exam room and nobody introduced themselves to me on my first and only visit. I didn't even know who the doctor was until the very end. They made me watch a video instead of explaining anything to me in person. I was the last visit of the day and maybe the staff was tired. Maybe things have changed since my visit but I wouldn't recommend this office.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory A. Christiansen, MD?

Dr. Christiansen's Care Philosophy

We strive to provide great clinical and surgical eye care in the Salt Lake Valley.  It is our goal to treat every patient with respect and provide positive outcomes while managing conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic eye disease, dry eye, macular degeneration, and others.  We strive to educate our patients on their respective conditions and help them improve their quality of life.

Dr. Christiansen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Christiansen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Christiansen's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Aphakia and Other Disorders of Lens
  • Astigmatism
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Duke University Eye Center

Completed in 2005

University of Utah

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Christiansen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christiansen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Eye Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery