Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 1 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Orthopaedic Specialists of Austin

(512) 309-1906

Dr. Catlett Jr accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Catlett Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Knee Injection
  • Knee Joint Aspiration and Injection
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision

Dr. Gregory Catlett specializes in primary, complex primary and revision arthroplasty of the hip and knee. He offers an anterior muscle sparing approach to the hip, unicondylar knee replacements, as well as both computer navigation and robo...

2018

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Catlett Jr

Dr. Catlett Jr?
Dr. Catlett Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD
Dr. Catlett was my surgeon for left hip replacement. I had two surgeries because after the first one, I had an overwhelming draining problem. I left the hospital on Thursday and by Saturday we had to meet him at the office. He put another vac-bandage on. We were allowed to contact him at anytime, which we had to do several times. Because of the constant drainage, the vac bandages were full within 24 hours, so there were 3 visits at the office and two visits to emergency rooms. After 2 weeks, went back into the hospital for exploritory surgery to check the drainage. To simplify, it helped, and he was always available. He always gave me choices and valued my input. I appreciate him being personally active in my recovery and well being. He is a consumate professional and an upstanding and kind human being. I will gladlyreturn to him for any other hip or knee problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
Personable, professional, highly skilled at the latest techniques of hip replacement surgery with absolutely PERFECT results
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
I am a very complex case with multiple hip revisions due to infection. Dr Catlett became my doctor when I needed surgery & my doctor was away. He is kind and so compassionate. I had several hiccups during my hospital stays and he was always available for me and my family to answer questions He specializes in infected hips.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
Dr. Catlett is awesome. He took time to hear my story of how I injured my knee, showed me the x-rays and explained what is wrong and exactly how he is going to fix it. He was patient, knowledgeable and kind and made my nervousness about the revision dissipate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
Dr. Catlett is truly a PHYSICIAN--"a professional …concerned with promoting, maintaining, or restoring health." He is patient enough to answer not just the specific question I have asked, but also the factors and info related to that question. He gives me several options for treatment and is serious about letting me decide what I want to do. When I make a decision I feel that I can do so with full information; we work as a team. (a rare quality in a surgeon in my experience) As others have said he's a caring person, but he's also amazingly knowledgeable and proficient. He is the best ortho surgeon of the three with which I've had experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
The office visit with Dr Catlett went fine - it was after the visit that things went awry. During our visit, he said he would call in a script for me. After several days, I called my pharmacy & was informed the script had never been called in. I spoke to one of his staff, who said there was nothing in notes from the visit for a script, but she would text Dr Catlett right away. He did call in a script, but it was the wrong medication. He called in a heavy-duty pain medication (opioids) when what he was supposed to call in was an anti inflammatory. The pharmacist mentioned it was a grave mistake made by the doctor, which alarmed me even more. Nice guy - just a pretty big mistake with a pretty important thing (meds).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
Dr. Catlett was a pleasure to work with regarding my hip issues. He is very professional, but friendly. He addresses all medical issues brought to him and listens to every complaint. He is expeditious in trying to resolve and ease any pain or complications related to medical issues. He seems to be available always. Promptly returns questions about any concerns. His bedside manner is amazing and he is not done until he ensures he has answered all questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
Dr. Catlett is awesome! Start to Finish!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
He’s very patient oriented and gives you his direct email so if you have any questions you can reach him and he always responds that day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?
I am extremely impressed by Dr. G. Catlett, who just performed a replacement of a knee joint installed nearly 20 years ago and by now worn out. He is highly skilled and takes great care of his patients, and I feel very fortunate to have him as my knee doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Catlett Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Catlett Jr?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Catlett Jr treats patients.

79% Patient experience rating, 10% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018, 2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)
  • America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Orthopaedic Specialists of Austin