Dr. Gregory Ballard, MD

Dr. Gregory Ballard, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Gregory Ballard, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Independence, MO. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Ballard is affiliated with Centerpoint Medical Center.

Centerpoint Orthopedics

19550 E 39th St S Ste 230A

Independence, MO 64057

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Ballard

I am a member of Midwest Physicians, an integrated, multi-specialty group that strives to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient's individual healthcare needs are met.

Video

Dr. Ballard's Experience

Dr. Ballard's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University of Kansas
  • University of Kansas Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Methodist Sports Medicine Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ballard has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ballard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ballard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Centerpoint Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2015 Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement

View Ratings

Dr. Ballard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ballard to family and friends
Dr. Ballard's Performance
in Independence, MO |
I would recommend Dr Ballard to anyone.He is very thourough in explaining procedures and in a way it is easy to understand.He really does care about his patients
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Ballard is a very personable and professional. Dr. Ballard will take time to answer your questions. The staff at the office are very courteous too. I would highly recommend this service to anyone looking for an Orthopedic Physician.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in Independence, MO |
What I appreciate about Dr. Ballard is that he looks straight into my eyes when he speaks to me. It has been my experience that most doctors are looking at the computer screen, not me. His manner is gentle and kindhearted, explaining everything in terms that I can understand. He always asks me or my husband (as my husband is a patient of his as well) if we have any questions. he always follows up with us after a visit.
in Independence, MO |
My personal experiences with Dr. Ballard was one of being completely informed about my total knee replacement. Dr. Ballard is very professional and straightforward. He takes the time to answer any and all of your questions and concerns. I know that I am in very good hands, and know that Dr. Ballard is only a phone call away if I should develop any other questions. Dr. Ballard is very friendly and outgoing. His staff members are also professional, helpful, friendly and outgoing.
Blue Springs, MO |
Great service Quick and helpful
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Ballard is a very good surgeon. He is always courteous and straight forward about what is going on with me.. I never have to guess what is going to happen, he .informs me of all the pros and cons and what the best treatment for me. He has operated on my twice before and Imy family and i trust him completly.. if you're looking for a great surgeon, he's the one..
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in St Joseph, MO |
I have had knee problems since 2014 when I tore my menisci and learned I have bone on bone on my knee. I read about the technique used by Dr. Ballard and it sounds the best to replace a knee with one that is built like the original. I was apprehensive to say the least. I discussed my options with Dr. Ballard and instead of being put off, in one visit I was completely put at ease and had everything scheduled at the end of the appt. I could not believe how organized and friendly this office is.
in Blue Springs, MO |
I had my knee replaced in 2016 by Dr. Ballard. My surgery was a complete success story. Dr. Ballard and his staff went above and beyond taking great care ensuring my recovery was on schedule with follow up appointments, phone calls and email. I was thoroughly impressed with the level of service I received throughout my experience with Dr. Ballard and his entire staff. On a scale of 1 to 10 for exceptional service, I rate them 10 +.
We strive to provide the highest quality in patient care. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us! We will make sure and share your comments with Dr. Ballard and his staff.
in Peculiar Mo |
Everytime I have seen him he greets you with a smile and a hand shake. He listens to everything you have to say and doesnt rush. And when he gave me my shots in my knees i didnt feel them at all.! Over all I think he is a fantastic Dr.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Independence, MO |
Dr Ballard is very friendly with an excellent bed side manner and takes the time to listen to your questions and explains to your understanding. I have and will continue to recommend Dr Ballard to others.
in Blue Springs, MO |
Dr. Ballard is very easy to talk to, he takes the time to listen and makes sure that you understand your treatment options. He explores all options and cares for you as an individual with your own particular needs. He is always available to address my needs.
Independence, MO |
Dr. Ballard is kind, considerate, gentle, explains the diagnosis in layman's terms, clearly explains the plan of care and expectations from treatment. He always takes time to address all concerns and answer all questions.
Blue Springs, MO |
Extremely positive experience both with Dr. Ballard and the results of my surgery. HE takes the time to explain all that will occur and to answer any and all questions. He is very personable with a great "bedside manner!"
Jefferson City, MO |
Very caring staff easy to talk too.
Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. Ballard is a very caring and compassionate physician. With my recent hip replacement, he listened to me, explained everything thoroughly, and answered any questions I had. Everything has gone exactly the way I expected. I am completely satisfied with my experience and will recommend Dr. Ballard to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
in Grain Valley, MO |
Dr. Ballard always makes you feel like you are his most important patient. He never acts like he is in a hurry to see his next patient; takes the time to answer fully all your questions and concerns. He makes you feel like you have a friend for life.
Recently had knee replacement surgery with Dr. Ballard. Can't say enough about him. His bedside manner is top notch. Office staff is always courteous, friendly. Lisa is the best, even when taking out the staples she was patient with me and let me take a break when needed. I would highly recommend Dr. Ballard for any joint replacement.
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Ballard is a A-1 doctor. Dr. Ballard tries several techniques to help in each individual's condition. He and his staff make me feel like family every time I am there, including the receptionists. Dr. Ballard answers your questions, no matter how silly they are. SUPER Dr. and person!
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Ballard is by far the most caring and excellent doctor my husband & I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with. We both have had shoulder surgery, knee replacement and now my broken ankle. Always upbeat and helpful, Excellent follow up after surgery and takes time to explain every detail. I have recommended Dr. Ballard to family and friends without any hesitation. I would gladly give him 5 out of 5 start rating. Gloria Vinyard Independence, MO
in Independence, MO |
Absolutely the best care from a physician and staff than I have ever had the experience with in any field of healthcare. Professional, prompt , courteous, friendly and definitely caring!!! I'd recommend this Dr. To everyone. Answered questions and concerns and help us navigate paperwork and therapy with patience. And never made us feel like a number we were treated very well.
Independence, MO |
Dr. Ballard takes time to listen and very professional. However, Dr. Ballard is the only doctor in his office. It is very difficult to get in to see the doctor if any you have any problems or need to see him. Even for established patients it will take two months to get in to see him. Dr. Ballard did my surgery and referred me to go to Urgent Care, even when I was having complications from surgery he performed.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We want to apologize for any issues experienced regarding our wait times while we recruit another physician into the practice. We will strive to be more efficient in the future.
Overland Park, KS |
Dr Ballard is excellent at explaining everything, listening and answering any questions. Very personable and an excellent physician .
Lone Jack MO |
This is a very kind caring doctor. He is professional and innovative. I have 3 other family members I have sent to him and they are very pleased with their outcomes. He is the top in his field
in Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. Ballard has done two of my joint replacements...first knee and then shoulder a year later. He completely explained each procedure to me, making sure that I understood what he told me, and then answering every question I had, some of which I am sure he had to answer more than once. Both procedures went beautifully, and I had full confidence in everything he said and did. I would highly recommend Dr. Ballard to anyone who has orthopedic needs.
in Blue Springs, MO |
Dr. Ballard takes his time explaining procedures and offering alternatives. He is very professional, but friendly and treats his patients with courtesy.
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Ballard was very professional and answered all my questions and concerns about my knee.
in Olathe, KS |
He seeks to heal his patients with the least invasive method, but he is an excellent surgeon should one need a corrective operation. He is quick to the point, but he listens, answers questions and addresses concerns to the patien's satisfaction. Furthermore, as a bonus, his personality is very pleasant .
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Ballard has a wonderful bedside manner. He takes the time to make sure the diagnosis fits the symptoms. I had trigger finger on both hands, when I asked how successful would the surgery be to reverse he said 99%. Let me tell you he was right on and knows what he is talking about. His assistant, staff in the Surgery Center, and office personnel are great too, very professional. I would highly recommend him for Orthopedic conditions.
Oak Grove, MO |
Dr Ballard treated my mother. She had a total hip replacement. He was personal level and professional and explained the procedure and aftercare with us and answered all our questions without rushing through. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for knee or hip replacement.
in Independence, MO |
Terrific Doctor. Takes time to explain everything in detail. Very comforting, always reassuring. He has done surgery on my mom, daughter and myself. I trust him fully and highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Ballard and staff!!
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Ballard, MD?

Visit Dr. Ballard

Dr. Ballard accepts 33 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
    Preferred Care Blue PPO
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA