Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD

Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD

Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyMaleAge 54

Telehealth services available

Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD is a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist in Kerrville, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Methodist Hospital Texsan and Methodist Heart Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Altemose to book an appointment.

Methodist Physicians South Texas Cardiovascular Consultants - Kerrville

Kerrville1001 Water St Bldg A Kerrville, TX 78028

Methodist Physicians South Texas Cardiovascular Consultants - Fredericksburg

Methodist Physician Practices Pll205 W Windcrest St Ste 250 Fredericksburg, TX 78624

Methodist Physicians South Texas Cardiovascular Consultants - San Antonio

South Texas Cardiovascular Consultants6800 Ih 10 W Ste 350 San Antonio, TX 78201

More Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists at Methodist Healthcare

Dr. Altemose's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Altemose

Dr. Altemose

One of the best docs I’ve ever seen…compassionate, approachable and professional. He thoroughly discusses your case and welcomes questions. His protocols are safety and patient oriented. His nurse, Mike, coordinated everything for me, and was always available by phone or text for questions. I would recommend him without reservation.
Transformative Healthcare, Exceptional Doctor – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
In January 2017, Dr Altemose performed an ablation procedure at Sarasota Memorial Hospital in Florida on me for a persistent A-Fib condition. I am not a medial doctor, but have been a scientist, engineer, and director of nuclear projects and did considerable research on the process, equipment, and Dr Altemose's credentials before hiring him to perform my procedure. After almost 4 years, and with minimal medication, I feel quite repaired, without events, and at 77 engage in aggressive and regular road bicycling, golf and gymnasium activities. Dr Altemose especially impressed me with his patience and understanding of all my wife and my concerns, and took all the time necessary to answer every question in an understandable manner. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again if ever needed.
Oct 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Dr. Altemose is definitely a very knowledgeable physician. His caution to make the best decision for my health at the right time has protected me from further heart damage or worse. I appreciate his kind bedside manners and wilingness to answer my questions. I will definitely recommend him to anyone who wants to be seen by an experienced and efficient EP.
Judy Cardenas – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
I though everything went particularly well. I have no complaints about the doctors or staff.
Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Dr. Altemose is always prepared to discuss the performance of my PaceMaker during our visits. He easily establishes rapport with me as we discuss my health statis. I would recommend Dr. Altemose to family and Friends. Gary C. McVey, Ph.D.
Gary C. McVey – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Great doctor, who listens to his patients.
Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Great, appt on time, competent and helpful.
Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Very happy with our visit for me and my husband. We were also thankful that he wore a mask.
Jun 30, 2020
Great!
James D. Calder, PhD – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
I have had more than one meeting with Dr. Altemose as of this writing, he is consistent with his directions/comments. They are direct and to the point. He talks with you and not just to you. He uses the approach that says to me " I want to speak to you so you can understand what is being said concerning your condition and needs". He has done his prior evaluations and knows what you need to consider to proceed or remain in the current condition. He is absolutely a professional, at the top of his game and takes time with you. He is not in a rush to move on. I feel very, very fortunate to have Dr. Altemose as the "PIC (person in charge) of my cardiac needs". The team of physicians he is part of has been a blessing to me and for my family.
Anthony Laws – Jun 04, 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback! We...Read More
A GREAT Doctor with an exceptional bedside manner:
John Cook – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
I interviewed doctors to find someone I trusted to perform an ablation for SVT. I stopped interviewing once I met Dr. Altemose! He has an excellent bedside manner, explained the procedure thoroughly and displayed a warm confidence. I immediately scheduled my procedure with him. He is a GODSEND! Not only is he amazingly skilled, but everyone that he has working with him provided excellent patient care. The location of the cause of my SVT was near the AV Node, but he successfully ablated it without injurying my AV Node and I am living happily ever after. Dr. Altemose is highly skilled and a warm and genuine doctor who really cares. You will be in the best of hands with him as your physician.
Valerie H. Alexander – May 06, 2020
Thank you for the feedback and the positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Always asks how I am doing and listens intently.
Frank Brooksher – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Dr. Altemose was thorough and attentive. He listened carefully and gave clear advice. He cares about his patients.
Joyce Moore – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
This was my initial visit to Dr. Altemose. The staff were quick and efficient gathering my information while providing a friendly atmosphere. There was a short wait after the staff had collected their data before Dr. Altemose entered the examination room. He introduced himself with a smile and a handshake, then offered hand sanitizer. He asked questions and listened to ALL my answers, quickly pursuing specific background information without undue lingering. (It was clear to me he had reviewed my history & the staff's findings.) And the best news of all: he took me off one of my meds - said I didn't need it anymore! (I'd been on it for 20 years!!!)
Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
He explained tests results well. Gave me peace of mind that I could contact him any questions about my new medications.
Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Breezed through the exam. Great doctor and super staff.
John Mayer – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
I felt that Dr. Altemose was someone I could trust and that I was not just another patient. He listened carefully and understood my concerns and had reassuring answers to my questions. I am pleased with his course of treatment for me.
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
Appointment wait time is minimal to see the doctor. Dr. Altemose listens to you and discusses any concerns or questions you may have. I have been very satisfied with all my appointments and would recommend him as your Dr.
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?
I was a surgical heart patient of Dr. Altemose shortly before he left PA where he practiced at Lehigh Valley Hospital. You had to wait 3 months after surgery before a follow-up visit wAs allowed. I spent those three months in dire bedridden condition and when I did see him for follow up, He failed to authorize the tests he prescribed after I insisted that he do something to find out why I was feeling so unwell. Prior to surgery. He never communicated with either me or my primary doctor what procedure he planned to tAke to treat repeated a fib until I was notified, without consultation with anyone, for me to show up for convergent ablation surgery after dragging his feet for prolonged avoidance of reply on the part of other surgical doctor and myself. After I tried to get him to authorize his prescription, I was informed he was no longer on staff. That was just after he was paid $848.000 by various medical companies for endorsement and services outside of his hospital work.CAUTION
Jan 13, 2020
I am so sorry for the experience you had with the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Altemose, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Altemose?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Altemose's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Fibrillation, Idiopathic
  • Ventricular Fibrillation, Paroxysmal
Hide other areas of care
Atrial Fibrillation

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Third Degree Heart Block
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern

Dr. Altemose accepts

Dr. Altemose accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan
National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

Dr. Altemose strives for excellence with humility and compassion by building a relationship with his patients and by treating them as he would treat his...Read more

This physician is accepting telehealth visits. Gregory Altemose, MD, FACC, FHRs is a Board Certified Cardiac Electrophysiologist who practices with South...Read more

• Cardiology
  • Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

Indiana University Hospital | Krannert Institute of Cardiology | Temple University Hospital
Temple University Hospital