Dr. Gregg Hartman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Gregg Hartman, MD

Dr. Gregg Hartman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Simi Valley, CA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Hartman is affiliated with Simi Valley Hospital and Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Hartman's Experience

See how Dr. Hartman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hartman

Dr. Hartman accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Hartman is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hartman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hartman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hartman to family and friends
    Dr. Hartman Says:

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey. If you received great service and attention please tell a friend. If you did not, please tell me or my staff. We are committed to providing you the best care.

Dr. Hartman's Performance
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    I am so happy I went away from SCOI to Hartmans office. Excellent reception, scheduling, treatment. What a pleasant change! Dr Hartman treated my very well, explained things very well. Great guy.
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    Dr. Hartman was very thorough, professional and caring with my wife from her initial visit through her surgery and in her post op visits. As the husband of a very sensitive wife I would highly recommend Dr. Hartman and his services.
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    Doctor Hartman is a wonderful doctor. He is knowledgeable, friendly, personable, and a skilled surgeon. I had a torn meniscus, causing me much pain, and he was able to expedite my MRI and move my surgery date up to the same week. As for the surgery, total time in the operating room was about 30 minutes. When I recovered from the anesthesia, I was able to walk without assistance, and without pain! I am very grateful for his professionalism, care, and kindness. You will like him too.
    in Thousand Oaks, CA |
    Highly recommend Dr. Hartman. The staff was great and my torn bicep tendon is back to normal
    in Simi Valley, Ca |
    Dr Hartman is both professional and personable. His degree of caring is evident from his first introduction. I was suffering with a knee issue of sudden onset. He was empathetic while clearing involving me in the decision in course of action. I come from a family of physicians and worked in health care for 40 years. Dr Hartman greatly impressed me. He was kind enough to wait for me at the end of a very long day, staying after hours just so he could personally tend to my treatment. Awesome 4 sure
    Canoga Park, CA |
    Dr. Hartman performed arthroscopic knee surgery more than ten years ago for me and all is well. Recently had surgery for my right handed wrist (de Quervain syndrome) and three months into my six months total recovery all is well and I am in a much better place as far as pain and usability of my hand/wrist.
    in Camarillo, CA |
    I recommend Dr. Hartman to my family and friends for any orthopedic needs as he is a competent and caring physician. He assess his patients medical issues and provides appropriate medical care. I trust Dr. Hartman because he explains the options for treatment and makes you feel his top priority during you appointment. Caring , compassionate and a veryprofessional physician! He is #1!
    in Newbury Park, CA |
    I am a patient with a complicated history and numerous medical issues. Dr. Hartman is very caring, compassionate, and usually runs right on time. He is knowledgeable about the many possibilities that can cause problems. He is not one to rush you into surgery, instead will try different conservative measures to reduce pain and cure the problem. He takes the time to listen to what ails you.
    in Moorpark, CA |
    What do you say about Dr. Hartman that will describe accurately this brilliant, professional, thoughtful, respectful, accommodating, compationate, kind, wise, direct, honest, reliable, trustworthy , and all around a really nice guy? He really is the best. Dr. Hartman will take the time explaining and teaching you about your ailments, he will listen to you and actually HEAR you, and treat you as an equal partner in any decision making. Best Doctor ever! Thank you Dr. Hartman!
    in Newbury Park, CA |
    Fantastic experience....Dr. Hartman is a class act, his bed side manner is an A+ and his level of medical expertise sets the bar very high for other surgeons. Dr. Hartman makes you feel very comfortable throughout your entire procedure and never leaves wondering what is being done.
    in Camarillo, CA |
    Dr. Hartman and his entire staff provided excellent care, service, and professionalism throughout my treatment. From diagnosis, to surgery, to post surgery Dr. Hartman kept me apprised of what the issues were, details of the surgical procedure, and what to expect after. The Oxnard physical therapy facility is great and the professional team there are fully committed to getting me back a full range of activity. I have had great results and on road to full recovery. Thank You!
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    Dr. Hartman was excellent. He was very thorough in evaluating my condition and explaining all choices to resolve. It made my decision easier having all the information I needed. I had elbow reconstruction, he explained how the surgery was to be performed and aftercare. My results were great!
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    By far the best surgeon I have ever had. I have had many surgeries but Dr. Hartman was more informative and told me exactly what was going to happen. I wasn't in nearly as much pain as any other of my surgeries even though my shoulder surgery that he did was the most invasive. He can be a little arrogant at times but he knows exactly what he is doing and i trust him completely.
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hartman to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon. My son used him 2 years ago with excellant results. He not only repaired my badly torn rotator cuff, I recovered way before scheduled. I was released to go back to work almost 2 months early! He and his office were always professional and helpful. Norma was on top of all the insurance and disability paperwork. I work for local Dentists in town, and have already recommeded him to several patients.
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    I had a torn meniscus and needed a bursa sac removal. There were no complications with surgery. Started physical therapy one week later. My therapist was Breanna and she is great. I feel great. Dr. Hartman was excellent and very caring. I would definitely recommend him and my therapist.
    Dr. Hartman is an excellent doctor and communicator. I have had five knee surgeries, four with other doctors, and the last one with Hartman. By far, Dr. Hartman is the best doctor I have seen. He tried many different strategies to help my knee and only after six months of trying everything, he recommended surgery. I love the fact that he cares about his patients and he doesn't rush into surgery. He doesn't use Doctor terms to explain things. He uses words we can actually understand. GREAT GUY!!!
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    Dr. Hartman explains everything to you, he takes his time with you. He really listens to you. He is a fantastic doctor, he really cares about you. I would rated him as a 10. Ten (10) being the best. Thank you Dr. Hartman everything. I tell everyone great you are. Lisa Svoboda
    Simi Valley, CA |
    Dr. Hartman is the best doctor I have ever met, and I have met quite a few in my lifetime. He spent a lot of time with me explaining the structures of the knee and what I had injured. He is very good at explaining things and making sure I fully understood what is going on in my knee. He answered all of my questions and I never felt rushed. I fortunately did not need surgery, but if I ever do, Dr. Hartman will absolutely do it.
    in Thousand Oaks, CA |
    My husband asked for treatment options of strained knee ligaments and arthritis. The only one provided was an expensive brace, He asked that the doctor be there for the fitting to see that it was done right and provide information but it was turned over to his assistant--not a doctor. The brace was late and the assistant would not help; there were two instances of this. The brace was not fitted correctly, adjustments, locks, cleaning, warranty and information booklets were not pointed out.
    in Simi Valley, CA |
    There truly isn't enough space here to praise Dr. Hartman for the time he spent with me to help with complications from two T.K.R. replacements and other issues from two other doctors. Resulting in a medial and lateral meniscus tear in the other knee. The expertise, and care performing surgery resulted in not even needing P.T. after!! :) Even tho T.K.R. surgery isn't in his wheel house, he went out of his way and after 5 years of misery..... it is wonderful to walk normal again. Your my hero!
    Thousand Oaks, CA |
    Poor communication, excessive length of time to get treatment and responses, attitude of doctor that he could not be bothered with patient needs, my way or the highway approach
    Have you seen Dr. Gregg Hartman, MD?
    Are you Dr. Hartman?

Dr. Hartman says...

Dr. Hartman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hartman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hartman's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist