Dr. Gregg Carr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

516 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham, AL 35209 Get Directions
Dr. Gregg Carr, MD

Gregg K. Carr is a Orthopedic Surgeon - General practicing in Birmingham, AL. Started practicing 2001. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons American Medical Association American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society American Academy of Sports Medicine AWARDS AND ACCOLADES NCAA Silver Anniversary Award SEC's 2010 Football Legends Alabama Sports Hall of Fame FORMS OF PAYMENT We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Visa for your convenience. INSURANCES ACCEPTED We accept most major insurance plans; however, we ask that you HOURS Monday to Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Friday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM

...See Less

Dr. Carr's Experience

See how Dr. Carr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carr

Dr. Carr accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Carr is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Carr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Carr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carr to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Carr's Performance
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Carr is the precise definition of a professional. HE goes to extra efforts to make sure the patient understands what is wrong and how to fix the problem. I have 100% confidence is e wry word he says. I never feel as if he is rushing time with me.
in Birmingham, AL |
I have had 2 sport-injury surgeries with Dr. Carr, first in 2012 and again in 2017. He has a fantastic team, who all worked to provide excellent care to me from beginning to end.
Tuscaloosa, AL |
If you are Workmans Comp you will be treated like crap. I've never had a doctor talk to me the way he did.
in Birmingham, AL |
WONDERFUL! I was referred to this doctor by a family friend and I couldn't be happier with this recommendation! He is very very knowledgeable but also breaks it down for you so you will understand what he's saying. He spent lots of time with me and made sure I was fully taken care of. He was the person who saw me at the clinic and also my surgeon at the Birmingham Surgery Center. Great overall experience and my scar is almost nonexistent! He even took time to explain everything to my family too!
in Vestavia Hills, AL |
One of the most kind and caring physician I have ever known. I have seen him for my knees, back and hands because of arthritis. He is very professional and proficient in his care. The only problem I have is that he is too popular. Therefore, the wait is very long. If you have the time, he is worth the wait!
Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Carr and his staff explained in detail what my issues were patient and caring as I explained my experience.
in Chelsea, AL |
Dr. Carr is outstanding. He is not only an excellent surgeon, but he also takes time to talk with his patients. My husband and I have needed his services, and we have no hesitation recommending him.
in Trussville AL |
Now that I am older and seeing several different Doctors, I have a greater appreciation for Doctor Carr and his staff. From the front desk staff, x-ray staff to checking out I was treated with respect and kindness, a clean examine room and a smile from the staff members goes a long way.
in Birmingham, AL |
I have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Carr. He has treated my daughter and I. He is excellent and proficient. I love how professional the staff is and how quickly my appointments have gone.
in birmingham, al |
Excellent surgeon and diagnostics. Is not "knife happy" and uses multiple resources to treat the problem- exercises, physical therapy, supplements, injections, braces. He is very focused on the patient without dismissing patient complaints. He talks fast, but after many visits with him, I've come to realize that's just what he does. In spite of the fast talking he spends ample time focusing on the patient. Plan on having to wait to be seen, knowing he will give you his best when it's your turn.
in Pell City |
This is my second procedure with Dr. Carr and Super Staff did a great job Thanx A Million to Dr. Carr and Staff. They are very professional kind and courteous and no long wait time for your office visits. Highly recommend Them. Cuz Jordan
Birmingham, AL |
Not good. Never saw doctor in less than one hour past appt time; usually hour and a half. Hurried, forgetful, scattered. Poor decision; please, Dr. Carr, your patients deserve better.
Mulga, AL |
I have been experiencing awful knee and shoulder pains. When one of my friends recommended I go to Dr. Carr, I tried it out and sure enough, he did surgery on me and my shoulder and knees feel brand new.
in Mobile, AL |
I had horrible shoulder pain for a long time that was keeping me from getting good sleep. A friend referred me to Dr. Carr. He diagnosed it as bone spurs. He tried shot therapy for a few times, which is standard protocol because that works for some people, but the pain always returned. So he recommended surgery and I agreed. It took a good while to totally recover to 100%, probably about 6 months, but my shoulder is now as if nothing ever happened and I never have any pain anymore. Great Doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Gregg Carr, MD?
Are you Dr. Carr?

• SEC's 2010 Football Legends
  • Alabama Sports Hall of Fame

FORMS OF PAYMENT

• We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, American Express,
  • Discover and Visa for your convenience.

INSURANCES ACCEPTED

• We accept most major insurance plans; however, we ask that you

HOURS

• Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Hand, Arm & Elbow
  • Carpal Tunnel Surgery
  • Tennis Elbow

Dr. Carr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Carr has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Carr's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Scapular Fracture
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL - M.D.

Graduated in 1994

Orthopaedic Surgery - Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, SC,

Completed in 2000

Sports Medicine - Alabama Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL,

Completed in 2001

Auburn University, Auburn, AL - B.S.,

Dr. Carr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ankle Arthroscopy