Dr. Greg Erens, MD

Dr. Greg Erens, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Emory University Orthopedics 1459 Montreal Rd Ste 304, Tucker, GA 30084 Get Directions

Dr. Erens is focused on quality care and an exceptional overall patient experience.Read more

Dr. Erens' Experience

See how Dr. Erens' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Erens

Dr. Erens accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Erens has admitting privileges.

Dr. Erens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Erens to family and friends
Dr. Erens' Performance
Dr. Erens is superb. He listens carefully, answers all questions, and explains himself in a manner that is easy to comprehend. He's patient and takes time in addressing all fears and concerns. He's a very knowledgeable and experienced orthopedic surgeon and I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends.
in Stone Mountain, , GA |
I had a hip replacement done by Dr. Erens three months ago, and I couldn't be more pleased! I chose him after extensive research, and was not disappointed in any regard. He was everything I wanted and more! I really can't say enough good things about his office, his procedures, his professionalism, the hospital, the surgery, the ease of everything, and especially the amazing results achieved ! After just a few weeks most people could hardly tell I'd had surgery at all - I'm a huge fan!!!
in Stockbridge, GA |
I am feeling much better since my surgery on January 19, the only pain I have is from the surgery and it is getting better each day.
Peachtree City, GA |
I have had a few health issues not due to my knee and all the health care providers I have to see for the other issues comment on how quickly my knee is healing and how good it looks. I am getting my mobility back much faster and with less constant pain than I expected. I am only four weeks into my knee replacement, but so far am very happy.
in Tyrone, GA |
Dr. Erens made me feel comfortable about the procedure and when I had the operation, He was very informative and again felt very confident I had made the right decision. One week after total knee replacement and I know I picked the best surgeon!
in Atlanta, GA |
This was the single most BIZARRE, FRUSTRATING, AND UNHELPFUL doctor's practice I have ever visited in my entire life, in Atlanta, or anywhere else. After being examined by a woman named "Carmen," later, the staff didn't even know who I was talking about! After a month of trying, I was still unable to book an appointment to get the simple knee injection that they themselves recommended. Unless you enjoy dealing with the most inept staff on planet earth, do yourself a favor... look elsewhere.
in Mableton, GA |
Very kind and did not push surgery on me
in Decatur, GA |
After a T Bone crash 12 years ago, I consulted with Dr. Erens and was advised to wait a "few" years for a total hip. Being athletically active, I tolerated it, but in 2016 the hip limited me with pain and immobility. A re-visit with Dr. Erens left me with no question that he would be my preferred surgeon. His anterior approach has been very successful in my case, and I am thankful for the expertise of Dr. Erens and his team. For friends/family I would recommend this ortho practice!
in Newnan, GA |
Dr.Erens himself is a very professional and caring Doctor and his staff and team members are following In his footsteps. The new procedure for hip replacement is by far for the patients well being and recovery..I will always recommend Dr.Greg Erens....thank you Dr.GE.
in Stone mountain |
I will definitely recomend Dr.Erens to everyone.He was very knowledgeable ,made me feel very at ease and explained every step fully.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Erens replaced my right hip in 2006. I had absolutely no problems with quick recovery and have had not a single glitch in the 10 years since. Yesterday morning he replaced my left hip using anterior approach and I walked and climbed steps within a few hours, was home 12 hours after arriving at hospital, climbed 18 steps to the front door. I would heartily recommend Dr. Erens and his wonderful staff to anyone who requires hip or knee replacement. He and his staff are competent, & pleasant
in Cumming, GA |
Dr. Erens made me feel very comfortable. He explained my situation and all that would be involved in resolving my problem. His staff was friendly and professional. I left knowing that I am in good hands.
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Erens was referred to me by a friend whose husband had hip replacement surgery by Dr. Erens. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable and professional. He patiently answered all my questions and addressed my concerns. I never felt rushed when I had an appointment with him. I had hip teplacement surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I'm doing well. I highly recommend this kind, caring doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Erens to my family. He's great bed side manners and great disposition.
Have you seen Dr. Greg Erens, MD?
Are you Dr. Erens?

Compare Dr. Erens

Dr. Erens' Care Philosophy

Dr. Erens says...

Dr. Erens specializes in joint replacement of the hip and knee. He joined the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Emory in 2003. He received his B.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering from Duke University and his M.D. from Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at Harvard and further subspecialty fellowship training in Adult Reconstruction and Total Joint Arthroplasty at Harvard's Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Dr. Erens is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and focuses his clinical practice on hip and knee replacement. Special interests include: minimally invasive approaches (including direct anterior total hip replacement), rapid recovery and multimodal pain protocols for hip and knee patients (including outpatient joint replacement surgery), partial knee replacement (uni), as well as complex and revision total hip and total knee replacement. He is focused on quality care and an exceptional overall patient experience.

Dr. Erens says...

Dr. Erens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Erens has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Erens' Board Certifications

• Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus

Harvard Brigham and Women's Hospital

Completed in 2003

Duke University

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Erens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Erens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery