Dr. Graham J. Sellers, MD

Dr. Graham J. Sellers, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male | 53 years old

46 reviews| Leave a review

I look forward to the opportunity to care for you. Our office strives to provide you expedited care, within a compassionate, respectful, and empathetic environment.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Sellers' Experience

See how Dr. Sellers' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sellers

Dr. Sellers accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Sellers has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Sellers' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sellers to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Sellers
Dr. Sellers' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (41)
Dr. Sellers Says:

Thank you for providing feedback to myself and my staff. We value your impression and opinion as we strive to continuously improve our patient's experience. If you have any concerns please call us directly at 303-839-5669.  Again, we are humbled by the confidence and trust our patients demonstrate with each visit.

in Denver |
I have interfaced with many doctors/specialties over my 26-year career in the medical field, and Dr. Sellers is unique among them. He really took the time to understand my needs and answer all my questions - when he was with me, I had his full focus and could tell he really cared. He fully explained the procedure, assured me he would be the surgeon handling my case, and had me completely comfortable with his treatment plan. The procedure went extremely well, and I am thrilled with the outcome.
in Denver, CO |
Dr.Sellers was so knowledgeable about my condition and I'm so thankful! His knowledge and expertise made my surgery worry free and so much easier than I anticipated. If you have pilonidal disease please check out Dr. Sellers!
in Denver, CO |
Went in to address a recurring pilonidal cyst. Dr. Sellers clearly explained my options and we agreed on surgery. He performed the surgery approximately one month later and everything is healing as expected with minimal pain and less than two days missed from work. I would highly recommend this provider to any and all patients suffering from the same ailment.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Sellers has been "the man" for me for about 15 years. As long as he is in practice and as long as I need such care, he will be the only Doc for me.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Sellers couldn't have been more helpful, professional and available to help me with my condition. After trying office treatments a few years ago, I opted for surgery and am quite please with my result (I'm still healing, as of this writing). Thank you Dr. Sellers and the professionals at Midtown Surgical Center.
in Boulder, CO |
He listened. Was patient, re assuring and confident!
in Lafayette, CO |
I am 3 months post op and had an excellent experience with Dr. Sellers. I had seen a General Surgeon for my hemorrhoids with no improvement. I usually prefer to see female physicians for such personal matters but Dr. Sellers has an excellent bedside manner. He's soft-spoken, compassionate and understanding. I had heard horror stories of hemorrhoid surgery which is why I put it off for 30 years. I wish I hadn't, the discomfort afterwards was very similar to the discomfort after giving birth.
in Denver, CO |
I decided to have a consult with Dr. Sellers after many years of discomfort and pain due to hemorrhoids. I was anxious about the visit- I felt embarrassed and wasn't sure if there was any treatment for my problem. Dr. Sellers put me at ease immediately, with his calm and confident manner. The most impressive aspect of my treatment was my surgical outcome. After a quick recovery from my hemorrhoidectomy surgery with Dr. Sellers I no longer live with constant discomfort and pain.Thank you Dr. S!
in Denver Foothills, CO |
I was able to see Dr. Sellers quickly. Unlike past experiences, he was aggressive and adddressed my symptoms, I was she dialed for surgery a few days later. Post op has been easy, I'm 7 days out from a hemroidectomy and pretty much functioning normally again. Highly recommend him and his sergical group.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Sellers expertise is outstanding and is only matched by his excellent bedside manners and professionalism. I highly recommend him (and have nominated him year after year for the 5280 magazine Best Doctors edition, as best colo-rectal surgeon in Denver), without any reservation.
Have you seen Dr. Graham J. Sellers, MD?
Are you Dr. Sellers?

Compare Dr. Sellers

Dr. Sellers says...

Dr. Sellers is a board certified Colon & Rectal Surgeon. He specializes in all surgical aspects of colon and rectal disease, including cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and complex proctology. He uses both traditional Open as well as minimally invasive Laparoscopic and Robotic techniques. He generally manages the majority of hemorrhoidal problems in the office setting using painless, nonsurgical options. He received his medical degree from the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine and completed his General Surgery residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York. In 1998, Dr. Sellers concluded his fellowship at the Colon & Rectal Clinic of Orlando. During residency and fellowship he obtained training in advanced laparoscopic management of colorectal pathology.

He is a former Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center, Denver. He currently provides specialized colon and rectal cancer care through his participation and affiliation with cancer group providers such as the SCL St. Joseph Comprehensive Cancer Center, HCA Sarah Cannon Cancer Center, and Rocky Mountain Cancer Center. He manages the colon and rectal surgery clinical rotation for general surgery residents at St. Joseph Hospital. He is a member of the American Cancer Society Colorado Colon & Rectal Cancer Taskforce. He speaks regularly to physicians around the state about colorectal cancer screening and management. He has been voted one of Denver's "Top Docs" in 5280 Magazine continuously since 2002.

Dr. Sellers' Care Philosophy

I look forward to the opportunity to care for you. Our office strives to provide you expedited care, within a compassionate, respectful, and empathetic environment.

Dr. Sellers says...

Dr. Sellers specializes in the management of anorectal disease and proctology, including hemorrhoids, anal pain, anal fissures, infection and abscess, rectal fistula, anal itching, pilonidal disease, warts, anal skin tags.

He manages the majority of hemorrhoid problems in the office-setting using painless, nonsurgical options, including hemorrhoid banding, or sclerosis, medical and diet management. Surgical options include traditional hemorrhoidectomy or the modern PPH technique. He understands the priority of minimizing post-operative pain, utilizing a comprehensive strategy including the use of Exparel (a medicine used at time of surgery that decreases peri-operative pain).

Surgical expertise extends to abdominal and pelvic problems. Dr. Sellers has a central focus on management of colon & rectal cancer, with the goal of cancer cure and avoidance of permanent colostomy. He is a leader in the implementation of minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopic and robotic surgery.

Dr. Sellers says...

In addition to the management of proctologic problems, and colon & rectal cancer, Dr. Sellers also offers the opportunity for cure of Ulcerative Colitis with preservation of the anal sphincter and avoidance of permanent ileostomy through use of minimally invasive J-pouch surgery.

His committment to the surgical problems afflicting his patients with Crohn's disease began during his medical school days at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine in NYC, a national leader and referral center for Crohn's disease. He works in co-operation with all the Gastroenterology groups throughout Colorado and Wyoming in the coordinated management of patients suffering this complicated disease.

Dr. Sellers says...

Dr. Sellers' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery

Dr. Sellers has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sellers' Board Certifications

Mount Sinai School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1992

Columbia Presby Med Center

Completed in 1993

Presbyterian Hospital (New York)

Completed in 1997

Orlando Regional Medical Center

Completed in 1998

Amherst College

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Sellers does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sellers and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Non-Surgical Treatment of Hemorrhoids
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy