Dr. Graham Sellers, MD

Dr. Graham Sellers, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male | 53 years old

52 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

I look forward to the opportunity to care for you. Our office strives to provide you expedited care, within a compassionate, respectful, and empathetic environment.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Sellers' Experience

See how Dr. Sellers' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sellers

Dr. Sellers accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Sellers has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sellers' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sellers to family and friends
Dr. Sellers Says:

Thank you for providing feedback to myself and my staff. We value your impression and opinion as we strive to continuously improve our patient's experience. If you have any concerns please call us directly at 303-839-5669.  Again, we are humbled by the confidence and trust our patients demonstrate with each visit.

Dr. Sellers' Performance
Denver, CO |
Dr. Sellers is the best! He preformed a LAR non-invasive surgery for my rectal cancer and I left the hospital with minimal pain. He answers all my questions and explains everything throughly. He has been a 5280 top doc for the last 15 years for a reason. I highly recommend Dr. Sellers!
Arvada, CO |
i am only writing this because I still have pain on my side where I had colon surgery removing a tiny tumor.it was bad enough I got the hour long speech about dr seller's special talent in a specialized procedure that I was told would only put 4 little holes in me. but waking up from surgery I was split wide open. making recovery time 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks making it difficult to work and do things for months.but this pain has been going on and off for a year and a half now..just wanted to
- I am concerned you are having continued pain which you relate to the surgery. I remain committed to your care and successful recovery and am available to review with you these issues. Or, if you are more comfortable, I can have a conversation with your family doctor. Please contact my office as I can be of help to you. -Dr. Sellers
Denver, CO |
He scheduled me for the wrong surgery, which I'd waited a month for, while bed ridden. In pre-op with an iv in my arm, my spouse and I realized what he described to be the procedure was not correct. GS talked over me and copped a childish attitude; sent anothehr doc in to talk to me. A tantrum is the best way to describe Sellers behavior. No remorse or apology. Rescheduled for the next day which we had to beg. Post-opp at home I spiked 103 fever. He did not return my call. I still having issues
I am certainly distressed to read about the impressions I created with you and your family. Your perception that I was not a good communicator is certainly taken to heart. Thank you for your feedback. I am 100 percent committed to the successful recovery of all my patients after surgery, and if there are ongoing issues I invite you to contact my office. We will expedite and prioritize your communication with me. -Dr. Sellers
in Louisville, CO |
My oncologist had referred me to a General Surgeon for a rectal cancer surgical procedure. Fortunately, I rejected the referral and asked for a rectal cancer specialist referral which led me to Dr. Sellers. It's been two weeks since the LAR rectal cancer surgery (tumor was in upper end of the rectum) performed by Dr. Sellers and we couldn't be more pleased with the result to wit: 3 day hospital stay, no ileostomy, minimal pain meds post surgery and great in-hospital follow up. Very grateful!!
in Denver, CO |
Dr Sellers's put me back together. I had a colostomy and performed a very difficult reattachment which took several hours. However he gave me my life back. He's extremely informative, lays out next steps in an easy to understand way and taught me how how to use a new function on my iPhone so he is multi faceted. For anyone with rectal or colon issues look no further. Thank you Doc!
in Denver |
I have interfaced with many doctors/specialties over my 26-year career in the medical field, and Dr. Sellers is unique among them. He really took the time to understand my needs and answer all my questions - when he was with me, I had his full focus and could tell he really cared. He fully explained the procedure, assured me he would be the surgeon handling my case, and had me completely comfortable with his treatment plan. The procedure went extremely well, and I am thrilled with the outcome.
in Denver, CO |
Dr.Sellers was so knowledgeable about my condition and I'm so thankful! His knowledge and expertise made my surgery worry free and so much easier than I anticipated. If you have pilonidal disease please check out Dr. Sellers!
in Denver, CO |
Went in to address a recurring pilonidal cyst. Dr. Sellers clearly explained my options and we agreed on surgery. He performed the surgery approximately one month later and everything is healing as expected with minimal pain and less than two days missed from work. I would highly recommend this provider to any and all patients suffering from the same ailment.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Sellers has been "the man" for me for about 15 years. As long as he is in practice and as long as I need such care, he will be the only Doc for me.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Sellers couldn't have been more helpful, professional and available to help me with my condition. After trying office treatments a few years ago, I opted for surgery and am quite please with my result (I'm still healing, as of this writing). Thank you Dr. Sellers and the professionals at Midtown Surgical Center.
in Boulder, CO |
He listened. Was patient, re assuring and confident!
in Lafayette, CO |
I am 3 months post op and had an excellent experience with Dr. Sellers. I had seen a General Surgeon for my hemorrhoids with no improvement. I usually prefer to see female physicians for such personal matters but Dr. Sellers has an excellent bedside manner. He's soft-spoken, compassionate and understanding. I had heard horror stories of hemorrhoid surgery which is why I put it off for 30 years. I wish I hadn't, the discomfort afterwards was very similar to the discomfort after giving birth.
in Denver, CO |
I decided to have a consult with Dr. Sellers after many years of discomfort and pain due to hemorrhoids. I was anxious about the visit- I felt embarrassed and wasn't sure if there was any treatment for my problem. Dr. Sellers put me at ease immediately, with his calm and confident manner. The most impressive aspect of my treatment was my surgical outcome. After a quick recovery from my hemorrhoidectomy surgery with Dr. Sellers I no longer live with constant discomfort and pain.Thank you Dr. S!
in Denver Foothills, CO |
I was able to see Dr. Sellers quickly. Unlike past experiences, he was aggressive and adddressed my symptoms, I was she dialed for surgery a few days later. Post op has been easy, I'm 7 days out from a hemroidectomy and pretty much functioning normally again. Highly recommend him and his sergical group.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Sellers expertise is outstanding and is only matched by his excellent bedside manners and professionalism. I highly recommend him (and have nominated him year after year for the 5280 magazine Best Doctors edition, as best colo-rectal surgeon in Denver), without any reservation.
Have you seen Dr. Graham Sellers, MD?

Dr. Sellers says...

Dr. Sellers is a board certified Colon & Rectal Surgeon. He specializes in all surgical aspects of colon and rectal disease, including cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, and complex proctology. He uses both traditional Open as well as minimally invasive Laparoscopic and Robotic techniques. He generally manages the majority of hemorrhoidal problems in the office setting using painless, nonsurgical options. He received his medical degree from the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine and completed his General Surgery residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York. In 1998, Dr. Sellers concluded his fellowship at the Colon & Rectal Clinic of Orlando. During residency and fellowship he obtained training in advanced laparoscopic management of colorectal pathology.

He is a former Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center, Denver. He currently provides specialized colon and rectal cancer care through his participation and affiliation with cancer group providers such as the SCL St. Joseph Comprehensive Cancer Center, HCA Sarah Cannon Cancer Center, and Rocky Mountain Cancer Center. He manages the colon and rectal surgery clinical rotation for general surgery residents at St. Joseph Hospital. He is a member of the American Cancer Society Colorado Colon & Rectal Cancer Taskforce. He speaks regularly to physicians around the state about colorectal cancer screening and management. He has been voted one of Denver's "Top Docs" in 5280 Magazine continuously since 2002.

Dr. Sellers' Care Philosophy

I look forward to the opportunity to care for you. Our office strives to provide you expedited care, within a compassionate, respectful, and empathetic environment.

Dr. Sellers says...

Dr. Sellers specializes in the management of anorectal disease and proctology, including hemorrhoids, anal pain, anal fissures, infection and abscess, rectal fistula, anal itching, pilonidal disease, warts, anal skin tags.

He manages the majority of hemorrhoid problems in the office-setting using painless, nonsurgical options, including hemorrhoid banding, or sclerosis, medical and diet management. Surgical options include traditional hemorrhoidectomy or the modern PPH technique. He understands the priority of minimizing post-operative pain, utilizing a comprehensive strategy including the use of Exparel (a medicine used at time of surgery that decreases peri-operative pain).

Surgical expertise extends to abdominal and pelvic problems. Dr. Sellers has a central focus on management of colon & rectal cancer, with the goal of cancer cure and avoidance of permanent colostomy. He is a leader in the implementation of minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopic and robotic surgery.

Dr. Sellers says...

In addition to the management of proctologic problems, and colon & rectal cancer, Dr. Sellers also offers the opportunity for cure of Ulcerative Colitis with preservation of the anal sphincter and avoidance of permanent ileostomy through use of minimally invasive J-pouch surgery.

His committment to the surgical problems afflicting his patients with Crohn's disease began during his medical school days at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine in NYC, a national leader and referral center for Crohn's disease. He works in co-operation with all the Gastroenterology groups throughout Colorado and Wyoming in the coordinated management of patients suffering this complicated disease.

Dr. Sellers says...

Dr. Sellers' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery

Dr. Sellers has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sellers' Board Certifications

Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Graduated in 1992

Columbia Presby Med Center

Completed in 1993

Presbyterian Hospital (New York)

Completed in 1997

Orlando Regional Medical Center

Completed in 1998

Amherst College

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Sellers does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sellers and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Non-Surgical Treatment of Hemorrhoids
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy