Dr. Gordon Wolfe, MD

Dr. Gordon Wolfe, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Gordon Wolfe, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Portland, OR and has been practicing for 40 years. He graduated from Oregon Health and Science University School Of Medicine in 1975 and specializes in internal medicine, clinical lipidology, and more.Read his story

5559 SW 85th Ave

Portland, OR 97225

Learn about Dr. Wolfe

Dr. Wolfe's Experience

Dr. Wolfe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Wolfe's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wolfe "I have practiced internal medicine in Oregon since 1978 initially in Seaside and then Tualatin. I am passionate about providing state-of-the-art preventative care. A renewed interest in addressing the leading cause of death in western culture (coronary heart disease) came to me after becoming certified as a lipidologist in 2006. This knowledge and advanced lipid testing has helped me greatly reduce risk in my patients by identifying vulnerabilities not otherwise discoverable using standard approaches. I believe that a majority of the onset and progression of chronic disease, that I was trained to treat, is avoidable by helping patients make better lifestyle choices. This requires more time per individual than I could provide in the traditional health delivery model and prompted my change to a 'direct care' approach. I'm an avid road cyclist; I consider exercise essential for a healthy brain, body and spirit. I have greatly benefitted personally, as have many of my patients, by adhering to a scientifically based 'whole food plant based' diet. I'm board certified in internal medicine and am a Diplomate of the American Board of Clinical Lipidology. I graduated from The U of O Honors College Phi Beta Kappa, Senior Twelve, took an MD at OHSU and finished residency at Emanual Hospital here in Portland"

This content was provided by Dr. Wolfe "Main focus is on preventing disease.  I have a Direct Care Practice where I spend a minimum of 30 minutes with a patient and up to two hours for a physical exams. I coach my patients on diet and lifestyle to help them prevent or reduce disease. "

• Clinical Lipidology
  • Preventive Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• U Of O Honors College-Ba. Phi Beta Kappa 'senior Twelve' 1971
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1971
  • Oregon Health and Science University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
  • Emanual Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1976
  • Emanual Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Wolfe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wolfe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wolfe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wolfe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wolfe to family and friends

Dr. Wolfe's Performance

Dr. Wolfe Says:
"

I rarely read online comments, but encourage patients to express there opinions.

"

I have seen Dr. Wolfe for over 10 years and trust him implicitly. He is extremely knowledgeable and stays up to date on the latest medical trends from around the world. He is brilliant and truly cares about his patients.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I have never had such a thorough physical and interview of my health history and current conditions. Dr. Wolfe is totally "Prevention" oriented and is incredibly smart, encouraging me to optimal health, educating me towards that end, and oh so caring. He's the best doctor my husband and I have...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0