Dr. Gordon Wolfe, MD

Dr. Gordon Wolfe, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Preventative Medicine NW 5559 SW 85th Ave Portland, OR 97225 Get Directions

Main focus is on preventing disease.  I have a Direct Care Practice where I spend a minimum of 30 minutes with a patient and up to two hours for a physical exams.  I coach my patients on diet and lifestyle to help them prevent or reduce disease.

I have practiced internal medicine in Oregon since 1978 initially in Seaside and then Tualatin.   I am passionate about providing state-of-the-art preventative care.  A renewed interest in addressing the leading cause of death in western culture (coronary heart disease) came to me after becoming certified as a lipidologist in 2006.  This knowledge and advanced lipid testing has helped me greatly reduce risk in my patients by identifying vulnerabilities not otherwise discoverable using standard approaches.  I believe that a majority of the onset and progression of chronic disease, that I was trained to treat, is avoidable by helping patients make better lifestyle choices.  This requires more time per individual than I could provide in the traditional health delivery model and prompted my change to a 'direct care' approach.  I'm an avid road cyclist; I consider exercise essential for a healthy brain, body and spirit.  I have greatly benefitted personally, as have many of my patients, by adhering to a scientifically based 'whole food plant based' diet.

I'm board certified in internal medicine and am a Diplomate of the American Board of Clinical Lipidology.

I graduated from The U of O Honors College Phi Beta Kappa, Senior Twelve, took an MD at OHSU and finished residency at Emanual Hospital here in Portland

Dr. Wolfe's Experience

See how Dr. Wolfe's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wolfe

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wolfe has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wolfe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wolfe to family and friends
Dr. Wolfe Says:

I rarely read online comments, but encourage patients to express there opinions.

Dr. Wolfe's Performance
in Portland, OR |
I have seen Dr. Wolfe for over 10 years and trust him implicitly. He is extremely knowledgeable and stays up to date on the latest medical trends from around the world. He is brilliant and truly cares about his patients.
Vancouver, WA |
I have never had such a thorough physical and interview of my health history and current conditions. Dr. Wolfe is totally "Prevention" oriented and is incredibly smart, encouraging me to optimal health, educating me towards that end, and oh so caring. He's the best doctor my husband and I have ever had and we look forward to being his patients for many years to come.
Have you seen Dr. Gordon Wolfe, MD?
Are you Dr. Wolfe?

Compare Dr. Wolfe

Dr. Wolfe's Care Philosophy

Boarded and experienced

Dr. Wolfe says...

Minor procedures - main emphasis is cognitive.

Dr. Wolfe says...

Dr. Wolfe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Wolfe has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wolfe's Board Certifications

Emanual Hospital

Completed in 1978

U Of O Honors College-Ba. Phi Beta Kappa 'senior Twelve' 1971

Graduated in 1971

Dr. Wolfe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wolfe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Clinical Lipidology
  • Preventive Medicine

Dr. Wolfe does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Wolfe and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.