Dr. Gordon Groh, MD

Dr. Gordon Groh, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Gordon Groh, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Asheville, NC. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Groh is affiliated with Mission Health.

111 Victoria Rd

Asheville, NC 28801

• Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Groh

See how frequently Dr. Groh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arm Surgery
Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Groh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Groh "Dr. Gordon Groh is an orthopaedic surgeon at Blue Ridge Bone & Joint, located in Asheville, N.C. A specialist in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery, he is board certified in these practice areas by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a certificate of added qualification in hand surgery. Dr. Groh is recognized nationally for his expertise, having been named as one of the 65 Outstanding Shoulder Surgeons and Specialists in the country by Becker's Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management."

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Washington University
  • University Of Missouri
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Baylor School Of Medicine, Hand Surgery Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center; One Year Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Groh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Groh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Groh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Groh to family and friends
Dr. Groh's Performance
in Arden, NC |
Dr. Groh is fabulous. He explained exactly what he was going to do and answered all my questions. My shoulder was a mess and very painful and now it is on its way to feeling great. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Groh to everyone.
Brevard, NC |
I have used Dr. Groh for my shoulder and now for hand surgery he is very skillful I have had no pain and looks like very little scaring would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic services he's the best!
Dr. Groh is one of the most knowledgeable, caring, and skillful physicians with whom I have ever work. I highly recommend him without reservation.
in Nebo, NC |
I tore my rotator cuff lifting 95lb dumbbells. I work in the medical field and believe me, I did my research. I decided on Dr. Groh and glad I did. He repaired my shoulder in July and I'm doing great. If you need shoulder surgery, he is the man! If I had to do it over, I would definately choose Dr. Groh again. Just tell him Mark sent you.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. Groh performed rotator cuff repair surgery on my shoulder in October 2016. He, his P.A. and his nurse at Asheville Orthopedic Assocs. described the procedure in detail at the pre-surgery consult. The day of the surgery went very smoothly. Dr. Groh kept my wife apprised of the surgery and my recovery. He prescribed shoulder-strengthening exercises for me to accomplish at home, without having to participate in outside physical therapy. My recovery has been great! Highly recommended!
in Easley SC |
Dr. Groh is an excellent Orthopedic surgeon! My shoulder is finally fixed thanks to him! I'm so grateful to Asheville Orthopedics and Dr. Groh!
in Bakersville, NC |
Dr. Groh was experienced, professional, personable and had a respectful bedside manner. He explained the procedure in terms that I easily understood. I was comforted by his confident manner, and will return to his practice should I find it necessary. My dead bone was deemed a rare condition, and the first two orthopedic surgeons I saw had no experience with it. Dr. Groh expertly excised the dead bone, and performed a two-corner fusion. I am very grateful for his ability and expertise.
in Sylva, NC |
The procedure that I had was the total joint replacement of my right sholder. I could not be more satisfied with the results. I WILL recommend his services to anyone.
in Marion NC |
I broke my wrist. I was in pain and scared. From the moment I entered Dr. Groh's office, my husband and I were treated with compassion and respect. We were called back at the appointment time. Dr. Groh was professional and kind. While I was on the operating table before I was put under Dr. Groh looked me in the eye and told me, "don't worry I'm going to fix your wrist. I woke up 1 plate and 12 screws later and I've been on the mend rapidly! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. GROH.
in Murphy, NC |
From the minute I met Dr. Groh, I knew he was going to be the greatest Dr. for me. I was in severe shoulder pain. I had seen other Dr.'s, but my experience was not satisfactory. Dr. Groh, his associates and staff, were wonderful. Within 6 wks. of meeting Dr. Groh, my surgery was scheduled. I had a total left shoulder replacement. After the surgery, my pain was moderate. It has been only about 3 months now. I feel great, have almost full use of my shoulder. Dr. Groh is the greatest!
in Hendersonville, NC |
He genuinely cares about his patients.
in Morganton, NC |
staff was wonderful as well as the whole experience
in Tucker, GA |
He was very straight forward and succinct about my condition. He was friendly and genuinely cared about my well-being. He did a great job on arthroscopic surgery. He did not over-diagnose and worked with me via prescribed exercises and occasional steroid shots to try to work out the bursitis that I had before finally electing to perform surgery. I really appreciate that. I recommend Dr. Groh to anyone and wish him well.
in Franklin, NC |
He is SUCH and kind, personable, and sincere man, He DIDN'T recommend surgery for my rotator cuff because of the extent of the damage. He recommended we try Physical Therapy and some anti-inflamitories first! 3 months later it has been a real success. He also did the small surgery on my trigger finger just one month ago, and it is a pleasure to be able to use it once again! The office staff really has their act together! I feel the same about the surgery center they use.
He was honest about the prognosis. I am a college athlete and I really needed to know what my chances of recovery were.
in Franklin NC |
Dr. Groh did surgery on my carpal tunnel and two trigger fingers. I was in such pain every night that I did not even want to go to bed. After my surgery , what a difference. Now I have no pain at all and my trigger fingers do not lock up. Dr Groh's even called me at home to see how I was doing after my surgery. He and his staff were just wonderful!!! Even the surgery center called me to see how I was doing. I have very little scaring and it has only been 3 months .
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. Groh helped guide me through healing from a broken upper humerus. He really was kind and involved and engaged in the healing process. He provided an exercise regime to help strengthen muscles around the broken bone. Overall his treatment was a good experience.
in Arden, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Groh because of his excellent work, amazing kindness and true dedication to his job and patients.
in Hickory, NC |
Following irreparable damage to my right rotator cuff, In August of 2015 I had a RT reverse shoulder replacement. Dr. Groh was attentive, sympathetic and supportive before, during and after my surgery. I could not have asked for a better surgical and post surgical experience.
in Asheville, NC |
My experience with Dr. Groh was fantastic. He is intelligent, professional and explains conditions and surgeries thoroughly. Dr. Groh performed a reverse shoulder replacement on me and my recovery is exceptional (this is after three prior surgeries in another locale). I can't say enough good things about him. I would (and have) recommend(ed) him without hesitation.
in Asheville, NC |
He understands that his patients want to get back to a normal life asap. Dr. Groh did my right carpal tunnel. I was typing and writing 24 hours later. He is highly intelligent and continues to learn and be inquisitive, which I respect and appreciate. He is a sincere professional with the intention of helping his patients return to their lives asap and pain-free. He took time to explain everything to me and treated me like an individual with unique needs. I have recommended him to everyone!
Have you seen Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Are you Dr. Groh?