Dr. Gordon Groh, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Groh

Asheville Orthopaedic Associates

111 Victoria Rd Asheville, NC 28801

Dr. Gordon Groh, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Asheville, NC and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from University Of Missouri--Columbia School Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery, orthopedic hand surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Groh

Dr. Groh?
Dr. Groh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gordon Groh, MD
I had a reverse shoulder replacement and everything went very well. I have very little pain and the exercises Dr. Groh gave me for rehab were exactly what I needed and my shoulder healed beautifully, I didn't have to pay for rehab which was great. I would recommend him to anyone who needs shoulder surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Dr. Groh performed rotator cuff repair on my shoulder that had a full tear. I could only move my arm a few inches before the surgery. As an amateur athlete I was very concerned that I’d get back to full function. I followed Dr Groh’s instructions precisely post surgery, six months later my shoulder was much better than it had been before surgery. He’s an extraordinary surgeon, very gifted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Dr. Groh has been amazing. He took the time to really listen and, for the first time in over a year, I felt truly cared for. He was warm and friendly, as was his entire staff at Asheville Orthopaedic and the Orthopaedic Surgery Center of Asheville. I’m 8 days out from surgery and already feel no radiating arm pain that has been making daily tasks so difficult. Dr. Groh and his PA, Eric Walker, went above and beyond to minimize scarring and I am very grateful. I highly recommend Dr. Gordon Groh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Dr, Groh made me feel very comfortable with his diagnosis and treatment protocol.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Dr. Groh performed an instability surgery on my right shoulder and I am more than happy with the results. My shoulder no longer hurts, I can return to work full force. He definitely knows what he's doing and what he's talking about. He listened to my worries and answered all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone who needs help. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Great experience with Dr Groh and his staff. Very assuring, professional, and to the point. Went the extra mile to get me setup with another Dr for a different problem I have. Unheard of by most. Billing department awesome. I have zero complaints from this man who also served our country proudly. He did procedures on my aunt and mom with same results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
I am 75 and recently had shoulder replacement surgery with Dr. Groh. I was very pleased with his professional competence and his warm, personable manner. After my surgery, I expected I would need physical therapy. Dr. Groh informed me that the research has shown if a patient followed through on the prescribed exercise regimen at home, it would not be necessary to spend the time and money going to PT. He was absolutely right! I have recovered well following his advice with no need for PT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
I had a broken bone in my right arm that had been broken by cancer 24 years ago. At the time of my treatment for cancer, a rod was put into my arm to stabilize it while it healed, but it never did. Eventually, the pins holding the rod in place broke and I was in excruciating pain. Dr. Groh did a bone graft on the arm, fixed a rotator cuff tear, and after 24 years of non-union, my right arm is finally healed and I can use it normally again! Dr. Groh is wonderful, and I'll be grateful forever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
I had a shoulder replacement in Feb 2018. EVERYTHING he told me to expect was spot on--even when he told me the recovery would not be near as painful or take as long as rotator cuff surgery. He was right! I found him to be compassionate and caring. Great "bedside manner." I was very pleased with the wait time in his office (or lack thereof). Loved his staff, especially Eric, his PA. The whole group is very professional yet personal, from the receptionists to the nurses. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
For the first time and after six previous rotator cuff surgeries, I feel like I am going to get the help I so desperately need from Dr. Groh...feel so grateful to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Dr. Groh is great! I would not want anyone else replacing my shoulders. He is very thorough and makes sure to answer all your questions. He is professional, courteous and kind. When I thought i would have to go to a different doctor because of a change in insurance, he personally went to the insurance people in his office to make sure he was on my insurance. Everyone in his office is professional and efficient. The wait time is almost always very reasonable. They do have emergencies!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
This was a very pleasant experience. Very efficient, on schedule!, and professional in every way. My husband looks forward with confidence in Dr. Groh doing shoulder replacement in the near future. We both are patients and both consider Dr. Groh a 5*
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
Dr. Groh and his P.A. made me feel very comfortable. I will ask for Dr. Groh, for all my future orthopedic needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
I was looking for advice concerning an old shoulder injury and the possibility of reverse replacement. Unfortunately, the damage to my shoulder doesn't lend itself to a successful surgical repair, but Dr. Groh could not have been more honest and compassionate as he communicated the disappointing news. He was not rushed and spent a great deal of time explaining his evaluation. I have every confidence that he gave me all of the information that led to his final conclusion. I trust his judgement
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
After fracturing my wrist, I was referred to hand specialist Dr. Groh. I was able to make an appt. quickly and surgery soon followed . Throughout the entire experience ,Dr. Groh and his PA Eric Walker were extremely professional and explained things very clearly. Six weeks after surgery ,I was able to begin OT and six weeks later, I now have improved function/use of my hand. I am very grateful to Dr.Groh and his staff for their help and kindness during this difficult time for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
On Tuesday, December 26, 2018, Dr. Groh performed a complete shoulder replacement on my right arm. After returning from the recovery room, the pain was gone. I required no pain medication at all after the surgery. There was no bruising in the area at all. I wore a sling for the next 2 months, began my home therapy and today, April 11, 2018, I was released from the doctors care. I followed Dr. Groh’s orders and am now able to use my right arm almost normally. Thank you Dr. Groh...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Groh when I broke a bone in my hand this winter. Dr. Groh and his PA Eric provided great care, answered all my questions and I could not be happier with the results of my surgery. The Arden location was easy to get in and out of and all the staff from the front desk, to the nurses and radiology were fast and friendly. I never waited more than 10 minutes for anything. I highly recommend Dr. Groh and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
After a nasty fall on black ice I was referred by an urgent care center to an orthopedic surgeon who looked at my MRI results and said, "Nothing can be done short of complete reverse shoulder replacement." I then scouted the orthopedic surgeon field; Dr. Groh's name surfaced several times. He evaluated my damage, agreed that it was profound, but said I had a 70% chance to have success with PT. 8 weeks later he discharged me saying my recovery was what he had hoped it would be. Surgery avoided!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
I had shoulder replacement surgery the last of November 2018. Dr. Groh and Eric have excellent communication skills and know there business. The surgery and recovery went well and there followup was very good. My recovery from surgery has progressed better than expepted and I am happy with the results. The only hiccup was the scheduling he day of surgery where I was suppose to be in surgery around 4 PM but didn't happen until after 7 PM. My wife had a call at 5 PM that I was out of surgery?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gordon Groh, MD?
I could not be more pleased with Dr. Groh and the results of my shoulder surgery! He is a very caring surgeon--he takes the time to listen and answer questions and concerns about the surgery, before and after. I would recommend him to anyone with shoulder problems. He also has an excellent staff, friendly, courteous and caring.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Groh?

Dr. Gordon Groh is an orthopaedic surgeon at Blue Ridge Bone & Joint, located in Asheville, N.C. A specialist in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery, he is board certified in these practice areas by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a ...

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Hand Surgery

1995
Baylor School Of Medicine, Hand Surgery Fellowship
1992
University Of Texas Health Science Center; One Year Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship
1991
1991
1987
1986
1982

• Magna cum Laude graduate, Alpha Omega Alpha, Phi Kappa Phi, Missouri State Medial Association Outstanding Student, Neer Award, 1990-2012

Dr. Groh accepts

Dr. Groh accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health

Dr. Groh treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Groh treats Shoulder Disorders more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Groh treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)

Dr. Groh treats Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Groh treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
  • Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)

Dr. Groh's conditions and procedures:

• Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Asheville Orthopaedic Associates

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Groh treats patients.

Mission Health