Psychiatry  |
Dr. Gordon Globus, MD
Dr. Gordon Globus, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Newport Beach, CA. He is 83 years old and has been practicing for 58 years.

Gordon G Globus MD

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • UniCare
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Globus

My approach is first a consultation and formulation of the problem(s) with specific treatment recommendations of medication and/or psychological treatment. If I think some other professional would provide better treatment, I will refer. I am very conservative in using meds. I typically follow up the first meeting with phone calls or email (without charge unless really extensive). Patients typically find me straightforward and sincere. I am half-time and share the office with a psychoanalyst.

Dr. Globus' Experience

Dr. Globus' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
  • Anxiety Disorders

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
  • McLean Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1961
  • Boston University School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1965

Dr. Globus has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Globus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Globus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Globus' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Globus to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Globus' Performance
in Orange County, CA |
Dr. Globus is one of the BEST doctors I have ever seen! He is a wonderful old-school doctor, who took the time to truly listen and understand my concerns. He did not rush me or have one hand on the door like other doctors do. He is compassionate, does not judge, and made me feel at ease in his office. He is a rare gem in the medical profession. I highly recommend Dr. Globus to anyone needing an empathetic, intelligent, and genuine doctor. He truly cares!
in Fountain Valley, CA |
Dr. Globus was a fast and efficient ally in my long overdue pursuit of mental health treatment. He took my reservations about new medications seriously, and worked with me to find an appropriate middle ground. He also responds quickly via email and text message which has been enormously helpful. Additionally, Dr. Globus referred me to a wonderful psychologist. The two make an excellent mental health team.
in Huntington Beach |
I have worked in law enforcement in a rough inner city and dealt with some stress and anxiety and many medical problems providers can't relate, or will blow you off, or won't help and will just tell you to deal with it. However, Dr Globus is great at listening and at counseling and giving advice, as well as at prescribing medication and has been a huge help to living a successful life.
Huntington Beach, CA |
I began seeing Dr. Globus after a two year wild goose chase of referrals to specialist after specialist. It was immediately apparent that he was among the most intelligent doctors that I had interacted with, and in terms of communication, availability and responsiveness, he is without doubt the single best. His objective, results-oriented thinking has helped me remain focused as we work through my condition.
in Fillmore Ca |
I have now been a patient of Globus for two years now and must say I wouldn't go any place else my experience with him has been wonderful. He has worked with me and together we have successfully managed to treat my bipolar disorder. I would definitely recommend him to a friend or family. I enjoy our visits together and am looking forward to the next!
in Santa Ana, CA |
I've been seeing Dr Globus for about 7 years now, after I lost my mother. Going through this & other family problems, I was having a very hard time getting through it, that I lost my self-esteem & self-worth & no longer had my Mother to talk to. Through these years, i have slowly come back to some normalcy. I will continue to see him, as he has helped me not only with my life changing events, but my every so often hard times. I would definitely recommend him to family & friends! 10 star!!!
in santa ana, ca |
Dr Globus has been there for me for over 5yrs . I have had issues w/ sleep disorder from previous surgeries. ( both hips replaced, screws & rods in lower back ,& bottom of both feet cut on 3 different times) He has helped w/ mental anger & stress that goes hand in hand w/ post surgeries. So do yourself a favor and don't wait until its to late ! Make a appointment !
in Santa Ana, CA |
I have been seeing Dr Globus for over 5 yrs. He has helped me in many ways. One has been w/ a sleep disorder from previous surgeries. (Both hips replaced, screws & rods in lower back and the bottom of my feet cut on 3 different times.) Also along w/ mental anger / stress that came along w/ these issues. I do see a Pain Management Specialist for nerve pain from being cut & drilled on. But on the mental side, these both go hand in hand . So if your in need of help, do make a appointment !
in Irvine, CA |
From the get go, I knew I was dealing with someone who was no nonsense. He values both your and his time, he's sympathetic but never coddles, and most importantly, he never leaves you hanging. Throughout the years, managing my mental health has led me into several less-than-stellar scenarios with psychiatrists who made me feel both hopeless and cold about the individuals in the given practice. Dr. Globus is a professional, but he has the attribute the former psychiatrists lacked... Compassion.
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
He is amazing Dr. Very thourough and listens well. He is the best Dr. I have ever been to.
Have you seen Dr. Gordon Globus, MD?
Are you Dr. Globus?