Dr. Gopal Kunta, MD

Dr. Gopal Kunta, MD

Hematology  |
Dr. Gopal Kunta, MD is a hematology doctor who practices in Clermont, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

1361 Citrus Tower Blvd # 201

Clermont, FL 34711

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Kunta

See how frequently Dr. Kunta performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anemia
Blood Disorders
Breast Diseases

Dr. Kunta's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Hematology

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Cholangiocarcinoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

• Sinai Grace Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Kunta has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Telugu

Dr. Kunta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kunta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kunta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kunta to family and friends
Dr. Kunta's Performance
in Apopka, Fl |
My first meeting with Dr. Kunta was very impressive. The surgeon who referred me to him did not explain my surgery results. Dr. Kunta explained the findings and scheduled a follow up visit after he had a chance to review my previous mammograms. I was very impressed with his professionalism and his willingness to get all of the facts before recommending treatment options.
in Orlando |
If every doctor was that nice and funny, I wouldn't have any problem going to the doctor's, because he makes you forget for a little time if you were sick.
in clermont, fl |
The entire staff was friendly and professional. The Dr was funny and very helpful. The office was very clean and welcoming,
in Clermont |
I simply cannot say enough good things about Dr. Kunta and his staff. Everyone is so kind, caring and cheerful. Dr. Kunta is very compassionate, understanding and makes you feel completely at ease. He takes the time to answer all of your questions.
in Clermont, FL |
Excellent service from Dr. Kunta and his medical staff.
in Leesburg, FL |
What a joy to find a personable, caring, knowledgeable, doctor. I actually will look forward to future interactions with the entire practice.
in CLERMONT |
Dr. Kunta is an very very good doctor and we have been treated and explained very well and had a very very good experience with doctor and his staff, Thanks to Doctor for his treatment.
in Monteverde, Fl |
We were taken into the office in a timely manner. The nurse explained office procedure and called the doctor. Dr. Kuanta came in and was direct and to the point. He explained the blood work results and explained the treatment. We felt like Dr. Kunta answered all of our question and we felt better when we left.
in Clermont, FL |
Had my first appointment with Dr Kunta yesterday....He and his staff are everything I would ask for. Everyone is friendly and supportive. Dr Kunta did a terrific job of explaining my pet scan results...even drew pictures for me and patiently answered my questions.
in Clermont, FL |
My first appointment with Dr. Kunta was beyond of my expectations. Extremely pleasant, polite and very interested in showing me what the best treatment to do. I'm glad I found a professional like him. Thanks Adeline Albor
My visit with Dr. Kunta and his staff was pleasant. He is a wonderful person with a great personality. Jody who drew my blood samples is a wonderful person also. Doing this with passion with care. As I left to the reception area meeting Jennifer and Karla. I brought them smiles and laughs because of Dr. Kunta personality. What a great experience dealing with a staff he has in his office.
in Clermont, FL |
I was amazed at how quickly a diagnosis was made and a therapy was formulated. If there is another medical practitioner with a better presentation, I have yet to meet him.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr. Kunta is a wonderful Doctor and I'm so glad I found him. I'd also like to comment on Jodi, who did an excellent job getting my blood today. My vein rolled and she handled that as well..
in Davenport, FL |
I have been to a lot of doctor's offices and I have never been as impressed as I am with Dr. Kunta's office. The staff are all courteous and friendly and very helpful. When I went in, I was without much hope. When I left, my attitude had improved greatly. Dr. Kunta inspires optimism.
in Apopka, FL |
The front staff very pleasant. { Thank You Jennifer } Dr. Gopal Kunta, MD is truly all that and some he's very direct tell you everything needed too know form A to Z . Having small vines Jody she knew what to do and did it well. In summary a grate first experience I'll be back . Thank You Cynthia
Clermont, FL |
Staff is very friendly. Dr. Kunta is very professional and promised to take care of my problem. Never heard this from a Dr. My husband and I are very pleased with my first visit.
in Clermont, FL |
Went for my first visit recently. Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful, and made me feel comfortable despite my nervousness about the tests being done. Dr. Kunta is kind, informative, and has a great sense of humor, and clearly cares about his patients. Overall it was a very positive experience for me.
in Clermont, FL |
I walked into Dr. Gopal Kunta's office on 07/14/17 with a barrel of fears & after our visit I walked out that day so peaceful thank you for your encouraging thoughts.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr. Kunta is a fantastic Dr with a caring heart. He has a dynamite personality makes you feel at ease,comforting an just great. my husband met Dr Kunta at Southlake during his hospital stay an made up his mind that this is the Dr for him I would recommend he to my family an friends as well as my neighbors we live in Kings Ridge senior community I will recommend him highly to to my friends there the staff is phenomenal bubbly energetic helpful an gracious you don't find that often. We are satisfi
Lady Lake, FL |
Staff was very courteous, helpful, & reassuring. Dr Kunta addressed my concerns even before I expressed them. He seems genuinely concerned for his patients.
in Winter Garden, FL |
I have struggled for 2 years trying to find out my problem and get treatment. In one office visit Dr. Kunta treated my pernicious anemia and I FINALLY have some relief. My previous Doctors kept sending me for more and more tests to eliminate other issues and never gave me a simple vitamin shot that I needed. Thanks to this I am able to sleep through the night, headaches have gone away and aches and pains are getting better. I was so used to feeling bad, I forgot what normal felt like.
Clermont, FL |
First visit. Quite impressed. Personable, attentive, caring. Spent time with me and seemed to listen to my concerns. Straight forward answers and suggestions. Feel like I picked the right doctor this time.
in Clermont, FL |
This was our first visit to Dr Kunta's office His staff was very pleasant and very helpful. Dr Kunta was thoughtful and very thorough in learning about my husband's medical past and history. I feel my husband is in good hands with Dr Kunta.
Dr. Kunta and his staff are very friendly and upbeat. In my first visit to their office i felt very comfortable and welcome. My experience with them so far has been better than i could have hoped for.
Clermont, FL |
Dr Kunta's friendly, open manner was key in alleviating many of the fears associated with visiting an Oncology/Hematology practice for the first time. While my husband is still in testing and it appears that he will be cleared, the Dr was quick to explain what he thought the issue is and immediately took action to confirm the diagnosis.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr. Kunta's office is "warm and fuzzy". Their genuine concern for the patients is obvious. Dr. Kunta took his time to get to know my 92 year old daddy. He kept us laughing. Thank you all for caring.
in Clermont, FL |
The entire experience was excellent. The front desk ladies we very professional and made me feel at ease. Once I was taken back, the nurse doing my V/SERVICES was very informative as well. Dr. Kenta was very reassuring and took his time talking to me. I'm waiting on a call to schedule my iron infusions. They told me they'd call once my insurance gave approval.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr. Kunta is an amazing, sympathetic, and caring doctor. Because of my illness he was the third oncologist I met with. He was the ONLY one that actually answered all of my questions and made me feel like I was a person and not just a case number. I would recommend him to EVERYONE. The BEST!
in Groveland, FL |
My first oncology visit with Dr. Kunta impressed me. He is very personable and professional. He went over my health history, discussed my issues, and laid out possible causes and the way forward. He wasted no time with this, but I did not feel that he was rushing anything -- just showing his professionalism and competence. I would definitely recommend him to any of my friends needing an oncologist.
in Clermont, FL |
For my 1st. visit I though the staff were extremely helpful & polite. Dr. Kunta is very knowledgeable & friendly. I'm glad He is my Doctor. I found him to be very comforting & reassuring & putting my fears to rest about my current medical diagnosis.
in Orlando, FL |
My husband was referred to Dr. Kunta after receiving a positive biopsy. Under such emotional and frightening circumstances, we found Dr. Kunta and his staff to be pleasant, confident and caring, which in turn helped to allay our fears and make us feel we were in excellent hands. Dr. Kunta was able to get my husband in for a much needed PET Scan within a few days of our visit and will be seeing us with a treatment plan within a few days of that. He is "on top" of our case and we are grateful.
in Orlando, FL |
I cannot speak more highly of Dr. Kunta and his professional staff. I was very nervous after being referred by my PCP, and Dr. Kunta immediately made me feel comfortable, addressed my concerns, and was so genuine, caring, and sincere. I only wish that other doctors could / would exhibit any where near the level of bed side manor as Dr. Kunta. He was thorough, I never felt rushed, and I would absolutely recommend Dr. Kunta and his staff / practice. Thank you, Dr. Kunta!
Orlando, FL |
Scheduled appointment first thing in the morning, drove to Clermont and found that he was running late due to an emergency at the hospital. Once, I can believe but twice in a row? Also the appointment was set up incorrectly with no blood test just consultation. If we are going to talk we should have recent test results otherwise it is a waste of time.
in Clermont, FL |
I scheduled an appointment over the phone and the office was very helpful. I met Dr. Kunta and I knew right away he was the Doctor for me. He asked me questions and listened to me. I felt very welcome and he is Board Certified. If you need an Oncologist/Hematology doctor look no further. He is very kind, witty and has lots of experience!
in Howey In The Hills, FL |
I was very impressed with him and his amazing staff. I have suffered with my condition for 73 years and I am so praying that he can save my life. I found him so interesting and so knowledgeable about my condition. I now have high hopes and feel like I am on Cloud 9. I really felt very special speaking with him and my husband really liked him also. His staff were so friendly and very amazing to me
in Clermont, FL |
This is insufficient space to explain what an amazing doctor that Dr.Kunta is, but I will try. Not only has he taken his profession seriously and knows how to balance professionalism and humanity, but he has hired a staff that treats patients with respect and compassion as well. His office is cheerful, comfortable, clean, but respectful of the needs of the patient. He is energetic, but patient, knowledgeable but listens, serious but uplifting. He should teach other doctors how it's done right!
in Kissimmee, FL |
Dr. Kunta is one of the most honest, down to earth physician that I have come across. His demeanor and sense of humor puts you at ease immediately. Very knowledgeable and unlike other physicians, not an alarmist. I would definitely refer others to him.
in Clermont, FL |
Very personal. Good communication skills. Seemed very knowledgeable. I liked him!
in Groveland, FL |
He was very rude yelling at my grandmother because she has short term memory lost... I won't be coming back.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr. Kunta is the most approachable physician I have had the opportunity to have as my physician. He is personable and very professional. His knowledge and insight into hematology is expansive. As a nurse myself, it is very important to have such a high caliber physician working to help me combat my blood clotting disorder. I first saw him during my hospital stay in the ER at southlake. He remember me and my unique situation. Oh and he is very handsome!
in Kissimmee, FL |
His bedside manor made me feel really comfortable and like a family member and his staff were great too
Leesburg |
I urgently needed to be seen by Dr. Kunta. His ENTIRE office staff is great--efficient, professional, knowledgeable, kind & caring . They made it possible to see the doctor the following morning. Dr. Kunta is very professional, knowledgeable, kind & caring.
in Webster, FL |
I have had excellent experiences with Dr. Kunta. He and everyone on his staff have been friendly, and they treat me well. The only issue is that the waiting room needs to be bigger.
in Apopka, FL |
Today was my first visit with Dr Kunta, and I left his office very impressed. He was very knowledgeable of my disease, and my current medication as well. I didn't feel like another number in the waiting room, and his sense of humor was awesome.
in Orlando, FL |
Wonderful Doctor experience. He is one of the top 3 doctors I've ever seen in my life. Very high thoughts of this Doctor and his office.
in Groveland, Florida |
Excellent experience! The staff as well as the Doctor is amazing! Would highly recommend to all! Dr. Kunta is very thorough! Explains everything in detail. His office staff is very helpful! I cant say enough good things about this Dr. or his office. Excellent!
in Clermont, FL |
Excellent Doctor, wonderful staff. They made me feel very comfortable. I will diffidently recommend him to family and friends.
in Webster, FL |
Office staff very nice and doctor has wonderful sense of humor
Clermont, FL |
He shows great compassion and cares for his patient.
in Winter Garden, FL |
Dr. Kunta and his staff are all WONDERFUL!
Have you seen Dr. Gopal Kunta, MD?
Are you Dr. Kunta?

Blue Preferred Patient Care PPO
  • CoreSource
    Group Plan PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio