Dr. Gonzalo Celis, MD

Dr. Gonzalo Celis, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Carondelet Medical Group West 395 N Silverbell Rd Ste 355 Tucson, AZ 85745 Get Directions

Dr. Gonzalo Celis, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Celis is affiliated with Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital.

Dr. Celis' Experience

See how Dr. Celis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Celis

Dr. Celis accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Celis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Celis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Celis to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Celis' Performance
    POOR
    POOR
    GOOD
in Tucson, AZ |
Didn't listen to my concerns, didn't ask about my pain level & often talked over me. Focused on parts of my health that had nothing to do with my visit. Had to repeat myself often. For one of my visits I complained of ear pain and he did not examine my ear until I requested that he do so. Also asked me what blood tests I thought he should run. He insulted me for not using a referral he gave me a few months ago, despite me not needing it at the time. Told me to go to ER if I wanted help.
Tucson, AZ |
quick and efficient
in Tucson, AZ |
This is the poorest excuse for an M.D. that I have ever seen. He does not listen, indeed does not even want to know about my health. He has NEVER asked what my pain level is yet decreased my pain medicine and accused me of giving them to someone else when I protested! How is this "First do no harm?". I not only will not go back to Celis, I do not plan to see ANY Carondelet docter.
in Tucson, AZ |
Despite being under a good deal of time stress, I never feel shortchanged by Dr. Celis. Friendly and helpful.
Tucson, AZ |
I was with Dr Celis for 5 years. I was always referred to specialists for everything. It was not his "expertise". It was very frustrating. When it was time for physicians to take notes on the computer Dr. Celis became frustrated and was always complaining. I needed to repeat things 2-3 times. The last visit was for my ankle which was sprained w/a torn ligament. (I had gone to the ER) He never examined it. Just said it would heal. Forgot to check my lungs & heart. I think he needs to retire.
Sierra Vista, AZ |
Declined to prescribe home health care for my father, even though it was totally funded by his insurance company. The doctor insisted that the bill would not be paid by the insurance company, even though the insurance company assured me it would and provided a copy of the policy. He also insists that my father had Diabetes, although there is no health history. I asked him why he thinks that and he replied that it was in his medical file when he inherited the file. My dad is not diabetic!
Have you seen Dr. Gonzalo Celis, MD?
Are you Dr. Celis?

Compare Dr. Celis

}

Dr. Celis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Celis has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Celis' Board Certifications

Dr. Celis does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Celis and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Universidad De Santiago De Chile, Facultad De Medicina

Graduated in 1979

University Wisc/Mt Sinai Med Center

Completed in 1982

University Wisc/Mt Sinai Med Center

Completed in 1984

Dr. Celis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Celis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Celis does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Celis and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.