Dr. Glenn Whitted, MD

Dr. Glenn Whitted, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

"Orthopaedics with Patient Care at Heart."

After 20 years in the Cleveland area, and many years at the Cleveland Clinic, I returned to the city where I attended medical school: Toledo. I have loved taking care of Toledo once, and taking care of patients at the Toledo Clinic has been some of the best work of my career.

Our office staff are friendly and welcoming. I think this reflects the pleasant environment I have worked to create in our orthopedic office. Besides our office manager - with 15 years at the Toledo Clinic - there are two Medical Assistants to serve are patients. These are certified professionals who are able to help all of our patients with any medical or office concern.

I have worked for many years with a physician assistant, and currently the Physician Assistant in my office brings a wealth of experience, more than 15 years, in physical therapy, prior to becoming a physician assistant. The physician assistant (PA) knows and treats all of my patients with me, and has daily office appointments. While I am in surgery 3 days a week, the PA is able to manage all postsurgical and medical concerns of our patients, as well as evaluate and treat new orthopedic problems. Our patients admire his kindness and good loosening skills.

My special training is in joint reconstruction, which means that my expertise is in joint surgery. I have over 25 years of experience with shoulder, hip, and knee replacement. In addition, I have the same years of experience with arthroscopic surgery at the shoulder and knee, including for sports injuries with torn meniscus of the knee, and torn rotator cuff of the shoulder.

Modern joint replacement techniques have changed, and I have kept pace with these changes. The most important change in hip replacement surgery has been the use of ANTERIOR approach, which is surgery from the front of the hip. This new technique has been shown to reduce pain, improve early mobility, and reduce the complications of hip replacement surgery done with other techniques.

The frontier of joint surgery will bring ROBOTICS and robotic-arm assisted joint replacement surgery. I am trained in both of these methods, and currently I am certified to perform robotically assisted partial and total knee replacements. It is my personal opinion that the final frontier in orthopedic surgery will be with biologic treatments. Currently we are researching STEM CELL treatments for orthopedic applications, including regenerative joint treatments which may some day obviate the need for joint replacement surgery.

Our office staff will assist patients in obtaining a timely appointment, either the same day or next day, to evaluate any orthopedic problem of the shoulder, elbow, hip, or knee.

Dr. Whitted's Experience

See how Dr. Whitted's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Whitted

Dr. Whitted accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Whitted has admitting privileges.

Dr. Whitted's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whitted to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Whitted's Performance
    in Temperance, Mi. |
    Went to see Dr. Whitted's P.A. yesterday. I must say, Valerie was everything i would look for in a doctor. I explained my problem which she listened to very carefully. She told me what the X-rays showed, which put me at ease immediately. I commend Dr. Whitted for having Valerie as a wonderful addition to his practice.
    in Maumee, OH |
    We cant begin to say enough abt this doctor.He is the most caring, compassionate and accomodating doctor we have ever had. My husband I have gone to him ever since he started at The Toledo Clinic, we pray he stays for many more years.We TRUST HIM COMPLETELY.He listens to your concerns + advises accordingly.He gives recommendations when neccessary.You can count on him to be there when you need him.Feel confident to go to DR. GLENN WHITTED for any orthopedic concerns or conditions you may have.
    in Oberlin, OH |
    Dr. Whitted has been my orthopedic physician for the past 11 years. He replaced both my knees, surgeries 10 years apart, using the minimally invasive technique. I walk without pain and with full functionality in both knees. Besides his surgical prowess, Dr. Whitted has wonderful patient relationship skills. He explains the ?what? and the ?why? of the recommended treatment in easily understood terms. He always answered questions fully. I am so satisfied that I always recommend Dr. Whitted!
    in Toledo, OH |
    Dr. Whitted is an enthusiastic and congenial man who treats his patients as if they were family. He listens closely to what his patients say to him. He is supportive and optimistic and always a gentleman.
    Have you seen Dr. Glenn Whitted, MD?
    Are you Dr. Whitted?

Dr. Whitted says...

Dr. Whitted's Care Philosophy

"Orthopaedics with Patient Care at Heart."

Dr. Whitted's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

• Patient's Choice Award from Vitals.com, 2011

Dr. Whitted has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Whitted's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Other Education
      Masters In Business Administration

Completed in 2012

• German

Dr. Whitted does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whitted and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arm Surgery