Dr. Glenn Shi, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

MAYO CLINIC - JACKSONVILLE 4500 San Pablo Rd S Jacksonville, FL 32224 Get Directions
Dr. Glenn Shi, MD
I grew up in a small town near Milwaukee, Wisconsin for much of my life. After graduating from medical school at the University of Wisconsin, I completed my orthopedic residency in Milwaukee. To further my education and to improve the level of expert care that I can deliver to my patients, I completed an additional year of advanced surgical fellowship training in the subspecialty Foot and Ankle at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. My career at Mayo Clinic started in September 2015. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, performing yard work, and reading a good suspense novel.

Dr. Shi's Care Philosophy

"After listening to my patients' concerns, I work closely with them to generate a plan. Many orthopedic conditions can improve without a single step into the operating room. However, surgery is sometimes the only reasonable option. When that time comes, as an orthopedic surgeon, I do strive to use cutting edge technology and innovative techniques that are backed by evidence to meet the needs of my patients." -Glenn G. Shi, MD Dr. Shi is a Senior Associate Consultant orthopedic surgeon in the Mayo Clinic Orthopedic Surgery Department in Jacksonville, Florida. This group of Mayo Clinic orthopedic surgeons is ranked #30 nationally by US News and World Report in 2016. It is the only orthopedic surgery department in the state of Florida to be awarded a national ranking in the Top 50 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery. To request an appointment with Dr. Shi, please call 904 953 0857.

Dr. Shi's Experience

See how Dr. Shi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shi

Dr. Shi accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Shi is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shi to family and friends
Dr. Shi's Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
I was born with flat feet and I had numerous athletic injuries to my left foot and ankle. My left foot and ankle was rapidly deteriorating and I was walking with a pronounced limp. Dr. Shi was highly recommended to me and after reviewing my x-rays and MRI we opted for reconstruction surgery. The surgery was extensive and Dr. Shi performed six different procedures. Although the recovery time was lengthy it was well worth it and today I am walking without any discomfort or limp.
in lake park, ga |
Dr. Shi and his staff did a super super job with my ankle replacement. I would not recommend anyone else for such a task. I had pain 100% of the time before surgery and have not had any pain at all since the surgery! Dr. Shi was a blessing to have came into my life! Very good person!
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
I came to Mayo Clinic with a severe abscess in my foot as the result of a cortisone shot at a non-Mayo podiatrist’s office. Dr. Glenn G. Shi (foot and ankle surgeon) was immediately summoned to consult on my case. His compassionate demeanor and quick control of the situation was extremely comforting. Because of Dr. Shi's subsequent surgery and follow-up care, I got my life back. Dr. Shi did not give up on me and I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone with foot or ankle issues.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Glenn Shi performed a Lisfranc surgery on me last year. The surgery went well, and I had no complications post-op. Dr. Shi was effective at communicating is treatment plan and explaining my injury. He also address all my inquires. I would recommend people with injuries with their foot and ankle to visit Dr. Shi. In addition, my experience with Mayo Clinic and the staff was great. I never had to wait a long time to be seen and the followup sessions were not long.
in Jacksonville, FL |
In September of 2016 Dr. Shi performed a subtalar fusion on my right ankle. I have rheumatoid arthritis and over time the cartilage disappeared and just left bone on bone. I was walking on the outside of my foot just to get around could not transfer weight to the foot and the pain was getting worse. I am so happy I had this surgery! I can walk without my huge limp and most importantly no pain. Thank you so much Dr. Shi and to your team on the day of my surgery.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Early in 2016, Dr. Shi did reconstructive surgery on my Left foot due to severe arthritis and associated nerve pain that had greatly impacted my ability to walk, much less hike. 6 months later I was hiking without pain. I have been a hospital nurse of 41 years, so I too judge my surgeons. The major surgery performed by Dr. Shi has been such a success toward restoring and improving my life style, I am returning to have my Right foot reconstructed as the other in early 2017.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Shi treated my calcaneus fracture. 8 pins and 2 plates. The help and advise from him and his staff was incalculable. I want to thank him for letting me dance with my wife again!
Have you seen Dr. Glenn Shi, MD?
Are you Dr. Shi?

Compare Dr. Shi

Dr. Shi says...

Dr. Shi's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shi is a Senior Associate Consultant orthopedic surgeon in the Mayo Clinic Orthopedic Surgery Department in Jacksonville, Florida. This group of Mayo Clinic orthopedic surgeons is ranked #30 nationally by US News and World Report in 2016. It is the only orthopedic surgery department in the state of Florida to be awarded a national ranking in the Top 50 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery.

To request an appointment with Dr. Shi, please call 904 953 0857.

Dr. Shi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Medical College of Wisconsin

Completed in 2014

Duke University

Completed in 2015

Dr. Shi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics