Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 70

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA and has over 43 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Pfeffer has extensive experience in Ankle & Foot Surgery. He graduated from University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine in 1980. He is affiliated with Cedars - Sinai Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD

Rodney A Gabriel M.d. Inc.

444 S San Vicente Blvd Ste 603 Los Angeles, CA 90048
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Pfeffer with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Los Robles Regional Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Los Robles Regional Medical Center today at (805) 724-0488.

These providers are on the medical staff of Los Robles Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Pfeffer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pfeffer

4.3

20+ years and still going strong!
In April 2001 I destroyed my navicular. The emergency room initially referred me to the US Ski Team's orthopedic surgeon but after taking a look at the x-rays and eventual Cat Scan, that doctor noped out. It was looking dire and talk of fusing bones together and walking with a cane for the rest of my life was mentioned way too often for my liking. However, he decided to refer me to Dr. Pfeffer instead. After looking at my scans/x-rays, Dr. Pfeffer informed me my navicular was the consistency of Grape Nuts cereal and had to be completely rebuilt. Two permanent titanium screws, 4 temporary screws for an exterior fixator, 6 temporary pins, some osteoplast and a 6 hour surgery later, Dr. Pfeffer gave me a new lease on life. It's been over 20 years and both my foot and I are still going strong - no cane and a normal gait. I won't let anyone else treat my feet. I'll travel to see him, if necessary. He's kind, personable and worth getting fit into his schedule.
Oct 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Dr. Pfeiffer is the best I want to thank you so mu
Dr. Pfeiffer is the best I want to thank you so much for preventing me having surgery to healing my foot completely Dr.’s orders of course ! the patient has to listen it’s a team effort his Team Alex thank you so much for helping me through This ordeal from my injury also I want to thank my ex-husband he’s a professional athlete referring me to this fabulous experience honorable wonderful doctor thank you again! Tonia G .
Tonia G – Jul 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
It is ridiculous that this doctor has the "Accepting new patients" slogan everywhere and when you call, they tell you that the first available appointment is THREE MONTHS from now! Who is going to see an Orthopedist and wait for months? IF you are in need of an Orthopedist, is because you are in pain! Completely absurd! Stay away from this office!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Aug 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Dr. Pfeffer is amazing. He never rushed me. Gave me great care. He is very knowledgeable. He cares!
heather schultz – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
It has been five years now since Dr. Pfeffer performed surgery on my feet. He expressed confidence that he could get me running again, and he certainly did! I am so grateful and happy to be running marathon and ultra distances with zero pain or weakness. I loved Dr. Pfeffer when he did the surgery, and I love him even more now, as I am able to live my life actively. Before he treated me, I was looking at a very sad future. He is the BEST!
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Great doctor - very knowledgeable and friendly. He really took time with me to explain everything and let me make my own decision about what procedure would be best for me.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Diagnosis: posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Procedures performed: calcaneal osteotomy (controlled break/reconstruction of the heel bone + bone grafts); tendon transfer (manipulating a different tendon to restore lost function of the posterior tibial tendon); Achilles tendon lengthening. Recovery has far exceeded expectations. If you are facing a similar surgery and would like to hear more from a patient’s perspective, feel free to contact me at scott dot mccarty at stanfordalumni dot org.
Scott M. in Ventura, CA – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
The surgery Dr. Pfeffer performed on my foot has truly changed my life. After going to many doctors and having multiple procedures, I am so thankful for his excellent listening skills and his willingness to try to solve my complex problem. The outcome was so successful, I am now hiking all over the world and taking 3-5 mile walks a day at home.
Barbara in SF Bay Area, CA – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
It is coming up on three and a half years since Dr. Pfeffer successfully replaced my ankle. This is first time in forty years I can walk pain free. Due to this successful operation I can take my two young grandsons to the park. As you know a three and four-year-old will keep you running. Thanks to my ankle replacement I can keep up with them. If anyone reading this is considering ankle surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Pfeffer.
Joseph Lee in Whittier CA – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
My experience with Dr. Pfeffer was simply amazing. A referral from a previous patient said, he was the surgeon to repair the wear and tear after 25 plus years of my dancing career..... I highly recommend Dr. Pfeffer. He's Kind, listens to your concerns. He ROCKS!!!!!!!!
Jana Brenner in Los Angeles, CA – Dec 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
I noticed a recent review August 24, 2016 from someone that appeared to be disgruntled. This individual must have the wrong doctor! Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, always greets you with a huge smile, he’s up-beat, easy going, a good listener and filled with positive energy. I met him 3 years ago when I sustained a major sports injury, thought I’d never recover (ruptured Achilles). Dr. Pfeffer told me “not to worry!” I have full range of motion and able to return to my sport. I highly recommend Dr. Pfeffer.
KC in Los Angeles, CA – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Dr. Pfeffer is without-a-doubt the best of the best! Disclaimer: I am usually a very harsh judge of surgeons. I have had over 15 orthopaedic surgeries in my life to correct a congential joint disease, and the two that Dr. Pfeffer performed were simply the most successful. He always take a creative approach, but, more importantly, pays attention and extra care to take the least invasive route possible. As a patient, this is invaluable to get back to my regular life as quickly as possible.
Lynsey C in Sacramento, CA – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Complete and utter jerk. Very rude and unprofessional. I would recommend this guy to wash m car let alone be my doctor again.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Karma – Aug 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Dr. Pfeffer is very much a perfectionist and I trust him to do what is necessary. After surgery and before your 1st progress appointment, you're dealing with his staff about any problems, questions, etc. This system has worked for me.
Los Angeles, CA – Aug 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
With my achilles tendonitis, I had a fantastic experience with Dr Pfeffer. He immediately diagnosed the situation and a plan of attack that would help me avoid any future surgery. Strongly recommend him.
wanich in Pacific Palisades, CA – Mar 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
Save my foot save my active life. Crushed calcaneous broken and dislocated ankle. Told me what to do prior to surgery and was clear what to do and not to do post surgery and my ankle and heel are just as they were. So thankful for this mans ability and craft.
Fixed in Los Angeles, Ca – Feb 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
I had excellent results with reconstructive surgery on both feet. Dr. Pfeffer is a renowned surgeon who is both caring and responsive.
Los Angeles, CA – Jan 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?
He is one of the most honest and thoughtful physicians I have ever encountered. He takes the time to listen and discuss the options and considers the short and long term impacts of the treatment plan. I came to him after my wife had ankle surgery and was very impressed with the results given she was a very complex case.
Long Beach – Dec 23, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pfeffer?