Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 67

Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD is a Dermatologist in Tinton Falls, NJ and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kolansky has more experience with Mohs Surgery, Skin Cancer & Excision, and Cosmetic Skin Procedures than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine medical school in 1989. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kolansky to book an appointment.

Advanced Dermatology & Sgy Ctr

4 Hartford Dr Ste 3 Tinton Falls, NJ 07701

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Dermatologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kolansky

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kolansky treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kolansky treats other conditions, please contact the office at (732) 933-8500.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Kolansky is experienced in the area of Mohs Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
Mohs Surgery

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. Kolansky is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Actinic Keratosis
Excision of Skin Cancer
Skin Cancer

Cosmetic Skin Procedures

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Skin Procedures specialists.

Dr. Kolansky is experienced in the area of Cosmetic Skin Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Hair Loss
Shaving of Skin Lesion
Excision of Skin Lesion

Skin Conditions

Compare with other Skin Conditions specialists.

Dr. Kolansky is experienced in the area of Skin Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 42 conditions and procedures

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Melanoma Screening
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Varicose Eczema
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Kolansky accepts

Dr. Kolansky accepts the following insurance:

Select

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kolansky

4.3

16.19047619047619%

Dr. Kolansky?
  • Appointment scheduling (92)
  • Office environment (90)
  • Staff friendliness (89)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (18)
  • Appointment was rushed (17)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (17)
Even though Dr. Kolansky wasn’t in the exam room very long, he took one look at my arm, stated what he thought it was (an allergic reaction to laundry detergent), prescribed a cream but said just change my detergent to free & clear. Did that and the condition cleared up immediately. I had gone to a different dermatologist before him who spent more time in the exam room with me, prescribed a medication that did NOTHING but make it worse, and after several months it didn’t get better, UNTIL I went to Dr. Kolansky. Also, the other dermatologist’s diagnosis was wrong. I was miserable, until I went to Dr. Kolansky. I’ll take less time with a doctor that gets it right over more time with a doctor that gets it wrong any day!
  • Long wait times
Feb 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
He is an excellent physician, capable of thinking outside the box to solve a problem where other doctors fail. He is generous with samples and is able to order personalized prescriptions to specifically alleviate persistent skin problems. This is a professional who really knows his “stuff” !!! I can highly recommend him and his well run office.
J. Ashear – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr Kolansky is without a doubt the most thorough diagnostician I ever visited. He recently took a scraping of a suspicious looking mole on my arm which after a biopsy turned out to be malignant melanoma requiring immediate surgery to have it removed. Dr Kolansky was able to discuss my case with the Surgeon and within 3 days the melanoma was removed. Dr Kolansky is the best Dermatologist I have ever been to! His diagnostic skills,immediate intervention, and the fact that he called me after the biopsy came back and personally intervened by setting up my appointment with one of the top surgeons in his field may have saved my life!
Sharon K – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
My whole family has been going to Dr. Kolansky for many years. He is one of a kind. Such a personable Dr. with the best treatments! I would recommend him to anyone!
Nolan – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
I have been a patient of Doctor Kolansky for 11 years in which time i have been treated with professional, caring care. Together with his wonderful staff, my visits to him have been a pleasant experience. I would give him 10 stars if i could.
John C. – Jun 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Needed several biopsies. Doctor Kolansky and his staff are extremely professional, courteous and efficient. I've been treated for many years by the Doctor and I have never been dissatisfied. He truly cares about his patients and demonstrates the latest treatment options.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
George Spatz – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Kolansky for 15 plus years! He is the best dermatologist! I travel an hour to see him. Not only is he the best dermatologist but his staff is wonderful also! He always explains everything to you! Always pleasant! I would highly recommend him!
Angela L. – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Smart, professional, excellent dermatologist!
Joann Wilen – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Glenn Kolansky changed my life for the better. I’m so grateful to God that I was recommended to him. First, the staff, his team, are so very polite and helpful, I feel welcomed and at ease when I go in. When I think of medical efficacy, I think of Dr. Kolansky. He is the epitome of professional, kind, and knowledgeable. Quite frankly, he is the most down to earth physician a person can have. Dr. Glenn Kolansky truly is the operational definition of what a doctor should be. His genuine care and respect for his patients radiates from the moment he greets you until your appointment is over. If I could ask Medical Schools to offer a class on how to be the type of doctor everyone hopes to have in their time of medical attention, I’d tell the Medical Schools to have Dr.Kolansky teach it. Thank you Dr. Kolansky for being THE BEST Dermatologist a gal can have. You’ve given me confidence and hope. I’m blessed to be your patient. Thank you and God bless you and your team always.
Stephanie P – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky has been taking care of me and my family for many years now. He is a skilled dermatologist that treats his patients with kindness and compassion. He has performed 2 facial Mohs's surgeries on me and you couldn't tell I ever had surgery. My appointments are always quick with minimal waiting. Office staff including nurses are terrific as well. I highly recommend Dr. K.
Scott S. – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky is a wonderful, knowledgeable, and caring doctor. I have been going to Dr. Kolansky for many years now and I have recommended him to many friends and family members. He is genuine and truly cares about his patients. Dr. Kolansky takes time to listen and explain everything. I always have a positive experience when I see him.
Christine W in Middletown, NJ – Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky helped my mother by removing the stage one skin cancer on her nose. Worried that the puncture procedure wound would be disfiguring, Dr. Kolansky and his staff spent extra time comforting and reassuring my mother that everything would be okay. She could not be happier, or more relieved with her clean bill of health and uncompromised appearance.
Deanna Vitoroulis – Jul 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky is intelligent, friendly, polite, and caring. My father was referred to him by our family physician. I looked up his credentials and was impressed to see he had won New Jersey Monthly Top Doctor Award in 2017. I also found out many people we know use and love him. I went to see him with my dad, he walked into the room and immediately saw the cancer spots on my father's face, marked them and biopsied each one right there in the office. He also pointed out that the lump on my dad's
kel in West Long Branch – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky is a great Doctor. His expertise is invaluable especially when not so good biopsies come back and your faced with what to do. He has an amazing amount of compassion. I trust him completely with me and my whole family. Sometimes he’s very busy and you have to wait but it’s well worth it. You won’t be disappointed.
Joan OSullivan in Manalapan – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky is amazing. Not only is he an extraordinary doctor, he is genuinely kind and funny. I never write reviews but after my most recent trip to him, I felt compelled. Always comforting, always courteous, always effective. His office and practice are run beautifully. Highly recommended.
Chris W in New jersey – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Kolansky for ten years. The office has improved during that period. The staff goes out of their way to explain each procedure. Dr. Kolansky, as well, is NEVER impatient or rushed during the visit. He does not initiate any conversation regarding cosmetic procedures, but responds to the reason for the visit. I find him thoroughly professional and compassionate.
Eileen in Ocean, NJ – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Highly recommend this office and Doctor! I recently had my first appointment at this office and I had a fantastic experience. The entire staff is extremely knowledgeable and efficient. I did not feel rushed at all and Dr. Kolansky spent ample time listening to me and answering all of my questions and concerns. They were extremely helpful in getting the correct medications for me and following up to make sure I had received them. I would recommend everyone I know here.
Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
I have been to Dr. Kolansky a few times. I highly recommend him as a dermatologist. He is very professional and has a great personality, I like that he likes to converse with you when working on you, makes you feel very comfortable. If your looking for a great dermatologist Dr. Kolansky is your Dr. Gail Lionetti
Gail Lionetti in Matawan NJ – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky treats you as a friend. He is compassionate, understanding and always looking to help. He is thorough with is diagnosis and explains everything; he never hesitates to answer a question or concern. His staff is wonderful. They remember you by name and always have a smile on their face. I would never go anywhere else. Everything about Dr. Kolansky’s practice is first class especially him. He is a true professional. I take great pleasure in recommending him to family, friends, and hone
Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?
Dr. Kolansky and his staff are the very best!!!!! I had a wonderful experience from the moment I entered the office to the time I left. Office was busy but wait time was minimal. I had some moles that I wanted him to look at that I have been putting off. He was professional, extremely knowledgeable and very personable. You can tell he loves his job! He is truly a doctor who wants to educate and help serve his patients! I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a dermatologist!
Theresa in Hazlet, NJ – Feb 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Glenn Kolansky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kolansky?

• Dermatology