Dr. Glenn Cohen, MD

Dr. Glenn Cohen, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  ·
Dr. Glenn Cohen, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Westlake Village, CA and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in orthopedic hand surgery.Read his story

696 Hampshire Rd Ste 180

Westlake Village, CA 91361

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Guardian
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Cohen

See how frequently Dr. Cohen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Hand Conditions
Fracture

Dr. Cohen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cohen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cohen "My mother taught me respect, honesty, integrity and confidence. My professors taught me how to be a good surgeon. Providing outstanding care requires them all. My philosophy has always been to treat people the way I would like to be treated by my own personal physicians. I demand a lot of myself and my staff but I think that we really do accomplish our goal of treating patients like family. When medically possible, I am a firm believer in a trial of conservative (non-operative) care prior to proceeding with a surgical procedure. This approach to patient care frequently leads to relief of symptoms and alleviates the need for surgery. If the patient and I are in agreement that these methods are not helpful, then surgical options are discussed. Although this does not work for every patient or every problem, it does work well for most. I am your doctor. I am in solo private practice and I am available to my patients at all times. This even includes when I am out of town. I will respond to all of my existing patients personally and then if I am physically not available I will contact the surgeon covering for me so that he has a correct and accurate understanding of the patient and their problem. I find that this prevents a lot of unnecessary confusion and ultimately leads to better patient care"

This content was provided by Dr. Cohen "I, Glenn D. Cohen, M.D., promise

• To hold a Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery.
  • To hold a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand (CAQ).
  • To conduct a thorough assessment.
  • To guarantee that you will always be seen by me. Never a P.A. (physician's assistant) or N.P. (Nurse Practitioner), or a resident or medical student.
  • To devote 99% of my practice to the non-operative and surgical care of disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow in adults and children of all ages.
  • To guarantee that your surgery will be performed 100% by me from start to finish.
  • To see you for a new emergency issue within 24 hours of contact with my office.
  • To answer every emergency page after hours (unless I am in a remote area without cell coverage for an extended period of time).
  • To respect your time.  I – along with my staff -- know that your time is valuable, and we will do everything possible to make your visits as efficient and streamlined as possible.
  • To refer you to the best specialists when your condition requires additional input.
  • To try non-operative (conservative) management before deciding on surgery.
  • To be at one location.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Intra-Articular Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for California.

• Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • LAC/USC
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • LAC/USC
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Tufts/NEMC
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends

Dr. Cohen's Performance

Dr. Cohen Says:
"

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey. If you received great service and attention, please tell a friend. If you did not, please tell me or my staff. We are committed to providing you the best care.

"

Dr. Cohen provides the highest level of attention and patient care. He has treated all 4 of my children, a toddler and three adolescent baseball/softball players, all of which have recovered completely and without complications. He possesses an incredible level of integrity paired with amazing...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
One of the best doctors and nicest people around. Highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Cohen takes time with his patients to really hear what they are saying and both he and his staff really seem to care.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Cohen is without a doubt the Dr. you can rely on. Great office staff, knowledgeable, and the focus is on obtaining a speedy recovery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Cohen is simply the best. He has treated two of my injuries and I have always felt so comfortable and confident in his care. His staff are very nice and knowledgeable too. I'd recommend him to anyone.
Are you Dr. Cohen?