Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Glenn Cohen, MD
My mother taught me respect, honesty, integrity and confidence. My professors taught me how to be a good surgeon. Providing outstanding care requires them all. My philosophy has always been to treat people the way I would like to be treated by my own personal physicians. I demand a lot of myself and my staff but I think that we really do accomplish our goal of treating patients like family. When medically possible, I am a firm believer in a trial of conservative (non-operative) care prior to proceeding with a surgical procedure. This approach to patient care frequently leads to relief of symptoms and alleviates the need for surgery. If the patient and I are in agreement that these methods are not helpful, then surgical options are discussed. Although this does not work for every patient or every problem, it does work well for most. I am your doctor. I am in solo private practice and I am available to my patients at all times. This even includes when I am out of town. I will respond to all of my existing patients personally and then if I am physically not available I will contact the surgeon covering for me so that he has a correct and accurate understanding of the patient and their problem. I find that this prevents a lot of unnecessary confusion and ultimately leads to better patient care

696 Hampshire Rd Ste 180

• Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Cohen

I, Glenn D. Cohen, M.D., promise

• To hold a Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery.
  • To hold a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand (CAQ).
  • To conduct a thorough assessment.
  • To guarantee that you will always be seen by me. Never a P.A. (physician's assistant) or N.P. (Nurse Practitioner), or a resident or medical student.
  • To devote 99% of my practice to the non-operative and surgical care of disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow in adults and children of all ages.
  • To guarantee that your surgery will be performed 100% by me from start to finish.
  • To see you for a new emergency issue within 24 hours of contact with my office.
  • To answer every emergency page after hours (unless I am in a remote area without cell coverage for an extended period of time).
  • To respect your time.  I – along with my staff -- know that your time is valuable, and we will do everything possible to make your visits as efficient and streamlined as possible.
  • To refer you to the best specialists when your condition requires additional input.
  • To try non-operative (conservative) management before deciding on surgery.
  • To be at one location.

Dr. Cohen's Experience

Dr. Cohen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Intra-Articular Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Wrist Fracture

• Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for California.

• SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Lac/Usc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Lac/Usc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Tufts/Nemc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
Dr. Cohen Says:

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey. If you received great service and attention, please tell a friend. If you did not, please tell me or my staff. We are committed to providing you the best care.

Dr. Cohen's Performance
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr. Cohen provides the highest level of attention and patient care. He has treated all 4 of my children, a toddler and three adolescent baseball/softball players, all of which have recovered completely and without complications. He possesses an incredible level of integrity paired with amazing talent. His staff is very professional and caring too. Dr. Cohen, thank you for showing your love and support to the Police and Fire families, we are forever grateful.
thousand oaks, ca |
One of the best doctors and nicest people around. Highly recommend him.
Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Cohen takes time with his patients to really hear what they are saying and both he and his staff really seem to care.
in Agoura Hills, CA |
Dr. Cohen is without a doubt the Dr. you can rely on. Great office staff, knowledgeable, and the focus is on obtaining a speedy recovery.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Cohen is simply the best. He has treated two of my injuries and I have always felt so comfortable and confident in his care. His staff are very nice and knowledgeable too. I'd recommend him to anyone.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Cohen does a tremendous job. Fantastic surgeon. Great office staff.
Agoura Hills, CA |
My husband had sea urchin spines removed from his hand by Dr.Cohen.His hand was extremely swollen and in severe pain.The emergency room would not touch it. Dr.Cohen came highly recommended so we made an appointment.The staff was extremely attentive to the issue and got him in right away. Dr.Cohen performed a miracle surgery within a day of his visit. Even on the day of surgery he was able to move his hand and the swelling was gone.Thank God for Dr.Cohen and his amazing abilities to fix the hand
in Camarillo, ca |
Dr Cohen has been excellent through my son's two broken arms(different occasions). He takes the time and is very efficient and through. I trust the treatment plan that he has given to my son. The office staff always goes out of their way to make sure the best care is given. We love Dr. Cohen and his office staff. Thank you for all your care and support!!!
in Calabasas, CA |
Very professional and knowledgeable. He does try other methods of treatment before recommending surgery and will use that as a last resort. I have had nothing but success with Dr. Cohen.
in Montecito, Ca |
Very smart and capable surgeon who is not in a hurry to cut. He will do anything and everything to keep you out of the surgery. And if you do need surgery you are clearly with the best! See him before you let anyone else operate on you.
in Newbury Park, CA |
This is an updated review.The staff and this physician's skilled care are excellent. However, I still feel the financial payment needs to be explained more clearly and itemized before payment is made. My insurance plan is confusing, so this may have been what made the way my case was handled feel unclear. However, I asked for clarity about costs that I did not receive. In the future, I hope the office will update to list clearly itemized costs to the patient that can be checked with insurers.
in Malibu, Ca |
The front office staff was expecting me, spoke to me by name and offered me minimal paperwork. Very streamlined process. Dr. Cohen examines me, takes the X-rays himself, explaining details to me extensively....go to the cast room. Taylor, best caster ever! Dr. Cohen comes in between other patients and chats with all the patients. He has the most amazing bed side manor. Really connects with his patients. All the patients in the room talk about him as he leaves he is awesome. We all say.
in Simi Valley, CA |
I was experiencing red flags with another medical provider and I turned to Dr. Cohen for his trusted and valued opinion. Together as a team, Dr. Cohen and his staff, put me on the correct and efficient path to recovery.
in Thousand Oaks,CA |
Having surgery is not usually a pleasant experience unless your surgeon is Dr Glenn Cohen. Coming from a patient who is very anxious, Dr Cohen and his staff are compassionate, professional, and very knowledgeable. Having my surgery at the Speciality Surgical Center and my anesthesiologist Dr Farnum made my surgery the best experience it could have been. I am now almost 2 weeks post-op and I couldn't be more impressed with my results.
Trustworthy and knowledge.
Have you seen Dr. Glenn Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?

See our Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist at St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital

Visit Dr. Cohen