Dr. Glenn B. Axelrod, MD

Dr. Glenn B. Axelrod, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 64 years old

76 reviews| Leave a review

Dr. Axelrod believes in a conservative-first approach to care. Dr. Axelrod works with every patient to exhaust all methods of conservative care before suggesting surgery.If a condition does not respond to conservative therapies, we can consider additional treatment options that may include minimally invasive procedures or surgery. Over the last 35 years, Dr. Axelrod has assisted his patients through their entire road of rehabilitation and recovery. He alone sees his patients and follows them along their journey back to functionality, mobility and health.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Axelrod is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, joint replacements, arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery and general...Read more

Dr. Axelrod's Experience

See how Dr. Axelrod's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Axelrod

Dr. Axelrod accepts 31 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Axelrod has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Axelrod
Dr. Axelrod's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (72)
in Utica, NY |
Dr Axelrod speaks to you in a confident way, not an arrogant way. He listens, advises and always asks for your input so that together you can reach a decision as to how to proceed with your care. He will do whatever he can to make you comfortable and prolong surgery until it is absolutely necessary. I travel over 50 miles to his office and find it is worth it.
in Rome, NY |
Dr. Axelrod personable and pleasant.
in Liverpool, NY |
Cordial, funny, and inclusive - all very important to me when I choose a doctor. Thank you!
Liverpool, NY |
I feel that listens & explains what to expect.
in West Monroe |
Dr. Axelrod is a competent and compassionate individual with a smile and warm welcome. I have always been treated with respect and leave knowing what to expect in the future.
in Bridgeport, NY |
Dr. Axelrod has been my orthopedic surgeon for several years. I have arthritis in both knees but want to stay away from surgery for as long as possible. He's never tried to "talk me into" doing anything I wasn't ready to do, or push me into a procedure. Rather, he has helped me to stay on top of my pain and keep my mobility. I have had several injections, which are ALWAYS almost totally painless. His demeanor is very direct, which works for me. But he takes whatever time you need for questions.
in Liverpool, NY |
He replaced both my knees and I've been very pleased.
in jamesville, NY |
Took x rays and reviewed. Arthritis.
in Oneida, NY |
Gave me three alternatives and explained each one.
in Phoenix |
I have liked and felt at ease with Dr. Axelrod since I first met him. He has a good way of putting his patients and family at ease about every step he takes from first meeting to Discharge.
in Syracuse, NY |
I feel Dr. Axelrod is very knowledgeable, and I feel safe with him.
in Fayetteville, NY |
I have never had a better patient experience in a physician's office. From beginning to end the visit felt patient centric rather than physician centric. I would not hesitiate to highly recommend Dr. Axelrod, specifically, and SOS, generally, to anyone.
Liverpool, NY |
Dr. Axelrod is thorough, friendly, and did a really great job on my knee. He put my mind at ease and answered all of my questions. I highly recommend him if the need arises.
in Liverpool, NY |
I like Dr. Axelrod. Very professional. Willing to take the time to answer my questions.
in Syracuse, NY |
Great experience. Glenn is very knowledgeable in his field.
in Cazenovia, NY |
Pulled muscle in bicep.
in Syracuse, NY |
I felt complete confidence in dr axelrod and staff from surgery right to physical therapy can't say enough complete professionalism from start to finish thank every body at sos sincerely Dave DeSocio
in Clay, NY |
In May of 2016, Dr. Axelrod performed a total knee replacement on my right knee. Prior to the surgery he talked to me and made sure to explain to me the surgery and the recovery. He made it quite clear the importance of the physical therapy and made sure that I was committed to going through the entire process. In the end he was correct on all points.
in Liverpool , NY |
I saw Dr Axelrod for follow-up for a fractured kneecap. He explained what the situation was and told me what to expect and what treatment was indicated. I liked the way he treated me and how he approached the treatment that was indicated. Fortunately surgery was not needed. I appreciate that he did not over-treat the case. He was honest and upfront with me and was pleasant in his discussions. If I ever do need Orthopedic Surgery I would definitely want him to handle it.
in NORTH SYRACUSE NY |
DR. AXELROD WAS SO CARING, ALWAYS MADE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE.. HELPED ME FIRST WITH MY CORTISONE SHOTS THEN DID MY SURGERY. LEFT KNEE REPLACEMENT AND WHAT A GREAT JOB HE DID. MY SCAR LOOKS GREAT. GREAT JOB, GREAT GUY. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. AXELROD TO ANYONE, THOUGH I DON'T THINK IT'S NECESSARY BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE RECOMMENDED HIM TO ME.
in Oswego, NY |
Very friendly, knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Axelrod explained all the options that were available for my situation so I could make an informed decision. When I finally decided to have surgery Dr. Axelrod went into great detail about the surgery and answered all my questions that I had about the surgery. I have had a great outcome from the surgery and I highly recommend Dr. Axelrod.
in Cortland, NY |
Left Knee Scoped and Repaired. Glen and his staff were all that anyone could ask a medical professional to be!
in Canastota, NY |
Dr. Axelrod made us feel very comfortable with his recommendation for my daughter's surgery. He never made us feel rushed and was happy to explain and re-explain the process to us.
in Syracuse, NY |
Very matter of fact and honest. Good at answering any questions and attentive follow up after surgery. I had a knee replacement and would do another with him again if needed.
Have you seen Dr. Glenn B. Axelrod, MD?
Are you Dr. Axelrod?

Compare Dr. Axelrod

Dr. Axelrod says...

Dr. Axelrod is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, joint replacements, arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery and general orthopedics. He received his medical degree at the University of Rochester School of Medicine, and his bachelor's degree from the University of Rochester. Dr. Axelrod is active with local hospitals, attending monthly meetings at St. Joseph's Hospital.

Dr. Axelrod's Care Philosophy

Dr. Axelrod's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Axelrod has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Axelrod's Board Certifications

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Strong Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1980

University of Rochester

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Axelrod does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Axelrod and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics