Dr. Glenn Amundson, MD

Dr. Glenn Amundson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Insurances Accepted

Dr. Glenn Amundson, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Overland Park, KS. He is 63 years old. Dr. Amundson is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center.

Kansas City Spine and Sports Medicine Center

5701 W 119th St Ste 308

Overland Park, KS 66209

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • HCA Midwest Comp Care
  • Healthcare USA

Learn about Dr. Amundson

The Kansas City Spine and Sports Medicine Center has one mission delivering an exceptional level of total orthopaedic care. Our board-certified, fellowship trained physicians offer expertise in the very latest advances of orthopaedic medicine an expertise complemented by the highest level of personal service, respect and caring for each patient. We specialize in treating and curing back problems, including complex spine issues, arthroscopic surgery, diagnosing and treating orthopaedic problems of the upper and lower extremities, and sports medicine.

Dr. Amundson's Experience

Dr. Amundson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Systemic Chondromalacia

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Us Naval Academy
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Naval Hospital (San Diego) Program
  • University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Amundson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Amundson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Amundson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Amundson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Amundson to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Amundson's Performance
in Weston, MO |
Unfortunately, I've had to have numerous back and neck surgeries. All of my experiences with Dr. Amundson have been superb. Office visits, hospital stays and correspondence over the phone have all been outstanding. My husband just recently had to have neck surgery and we would go with no one else.
in Paola kansas |
.Dr. Amundson is the best back doctor we have found in the kansas city area. He is truthful and will tell you up front if he can help you he'll explain what he will do and can do. I had a bad back surgery and went to many doctors to try and get it fixed no one would touch it. I went to Dr. Amundson he told me he could fix it and he did. My husband was having awful back pain and he did surgery and took all the pain away He gave us back our quality of life.
Love this! This is the reason we do what we do. Thank you for letting us know how well you are doing and hope that life is wonderful for you both from here on out.
Kansas City, Missouri |
Grateful for him and his staff. They are competent, caring and go the extra mile to ensure great care and healing. I've not had any problems here. Dr. Amundson is patient with his explanations and takes time to be sure that I understand my choices, condition and care needs. I appreciate having this type of doctor.
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your positive feedback. We are also very happy that you have had such a great experience at Kansas City Spine and Sports Medicine Center. We care about our patients here and strive to give everyone the best outcome possible.
Louisburg,KS |
Extremely knowledgeable, focused, and understandable. Has great support staff who work very well together and with Dr. Amundson. I felt comfortable and relaxed from time of entering the office all the way through checkout.. Dr. Amundson quickly diagnosed my situation and outlined the best treatment going forward.
Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to give our patients the best experience possible.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Amundson is a very kind and patient Doctor. I very much appreciate his willingness to carefully explain my condition and treatment. I have already recommended him to my colleague as I trust him. His staff is always very kind and courteous.
We appreciate your kind words! We strive to provide the highest quality service to our patients here at Kansas City Spine and Sports Medicine Center.
Olathe, KS |
As a patient with a chronic condition, it is critical to me to trust my doctor. The problem is that as inept as this doctor's staff is, there's no way I can ever trust him to cut on my body. In initially scheduling an appointment, his staff gave me incorrect information which caused a snafu where my back imagery wasn't then available. His PA, ran roughshod over concerns I expressed about what was supposed to be the first step in my treatment, and did none of the follow up steps they said.
in Hiawatha, KS |
With research literally from coast to coast, the best back surgeon referred by others nationwide was Dr. Amundson. He did my my major 6 hour surgery, had me home in 4 days. Wonderful bedside manner. His entire team from reception to nurses were professional.
Thank you so much for the great review. We work very hard to offer the best possible service to all of our patients. Happy to hear you are doing so well!
in Rantoul, KS |
When I started to have back problems, I looked up Dr. Amundson. He did back surgery on my lower back 13 years ago and it turned out great. I trust him to do the best job possible. His office is easy to work with and pleasant when you enter to check in. I have recommended him to all my friends and people I just happen to meet that complain of back problems.
in SHAWNEE |
I love Dr. Amundson! I have a very complicated back and I wouldn't trust my procedures with anyone else!!! He has a excellent bedside manner and is very compassionate. His PA Carrie is very good as well and it is obvious that they are a excellent team :-)
in Shawnee |
Dr. Amundson has operated on me numerous times. His professionalism is far beyond most doctors. His bedside manner is great and his PA is always qualified. I would recommend him very highly.
in Overland Park, KS |
My experience with Dr. Amundson is, admittedly, second-hand. I was not the patient--my friend was. I was the driver for appointments and surgeries and the patient's helper during convalescence. What i observed was extraordinary kindness, concern and commitment to excellence. I feel fortunate to have known this superior doctor/surgeon and will always be grateful for his skill and genuine compassion toward his patients. He has re-assured me that there are still excellent doctors out there!
Olathe, KS |
This is absolutely the best surgeon in the Midwest for back surgeries have had to use him for a couple of injuries if my kid or mother had to have surgery he would be the only surgeon to do them he's not the type to jump into a massive surgery if it's not needed as well and my ex wife works in the medical field at a high level so I got his information from a trusted source
in Paola, KS |
I would not trust anyone else. My Orthopedic Dr. Recomended Him and he was right on. GOOD PA, nurses works in the Drs. Building next to the Mehnhora Hospital. There is no way you can beat him with a better DR.
in Stilwell, KS |
I could not stand for over fifteen minutes before surgery. Afterwards I could play tennis again. Recovery was about 9 months to playing tennis.
Have you seen Dr. Glenn Amundson, MD?

Visit Dr. Amundson

Dr. Amundson accepts 25 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • HCA Midwest Comp Care

Hospitals where Dr. Amundson has admitting privileges

Menorah Medical Center
5721 W 119th St
Overland Park, KS 66209

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Amundson at Kansas City Spine and Sports Medicine Center

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist