Dr. Glen McClung II, MD

Dr. Glen McClung II, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. McClung II specializes in Sports Medicine and practices in Erlanger, KY. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. McClung II? Add your own statement here.

Dr. McClung II's Experience

See how Dr. McClung II's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McClung II

Dr. McClung II accepts 25 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. McClung II has admitting privileges.

Dr. McClung II's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McClung II to family and friends
4.4
Dr. McClung II's Performance
in LakeWaynoka, OH |
Very friendly and professional, makes you feel very confident in the treatment he prescribes. Delivers results as promised.
in Covington, KY |
I had a partial menisectomy operation in my right knee for a tear in my meniscus performed by Dr. McClung. Prior to the operation I would have to warm my knee up to move it and sometimes it caused pain to walk on it. Now post operation I feel almost completely normal with it being two weeks since the operation. He was very courteous, answered all my questions and did an excellent job repairing my knee. I would absolutely recommend Beacon group and Dr. McClung to anyone who has an injury!
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. McClung was so nice and treated me with respect. I had questions about my procedure and he never made me feel bad about asking clarifying questions. I had never had surgery before. The whole team made me feel at ease and I felt they truly cared about my wellbeing. Each person from the registration desk, anesthesiologist to Dr. McClung told me not to worry I was in good hands and they would take good care of me. And they DID. I highly recommend Dr. McClung.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. McClung was great! Really explained the problem and how he was gonna solve it.
in Amelia, OH |
My husband and I have had the privilege of using Dr Mc Clung for our knee and shoulder surgeries, we would highly recommend him and his staff, you all made us feel like family , thank you for all you did and if ever needed again we would never look anywhere else for help. The staff members in therapy are top line too and very very nice thanks for all the help.
in Milford, OH |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. McClung to anyone. I have been to his office for several different injuries dating back to 2012. His knowledge of ortho medicine and injuries are vast. His bedside manners are excellent. He is a wonderful surgeon and very thorough in his diagnosis. I fractured my shoulder in 2012; he ordered a 3D MRI; to make sure that he could see the injury from all angles. I will continue to see Dr. McClung when I have any type of sports injury
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dear Glen, Thank you for treating our daughter Josie. You and your team of professionals made our experience with Beacon a good one. Each appointment we had you and your staff were friendly, courteous and took the time to listen and answer questions we had. Most importantly you made our daughter comfortable. We would definitely recommend you to family and friends. We also had a great experience with Drayer for Josie's PT. Thank you again, Linda and Charlie Lackmeyer
in mason, ohio |
I was/am very satisfied with the entire process of having work done on my shoulder. Dr. M explained intended work before procedure and reviewed in detail what was done. Explained rehab timeline and future expectations thoroughly. Thank you Doc.
in Milford, OH |
Dr McClung has a great personality and is easy to talk too. Did a great job repairing my shoulder. If I have another surgery I will use him.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Doc knows his stuff. He and the whole staff shows that they care about what they are doing and are not just looking to get out of the office for the day. Every time I came in doc knew why I was there and was already up to speed on what was next. I never asked a question to have a response if idk or let me check. Had precious surgery 5 years ago and if I need another in another 5 I hope doc is still there!
in Milford, OH |
My daughter had a discoid meniscus tear. Dr McClung and his staff did an excellent job in repairing the tear and explaining the whole process and decision making during surgery itself. It was an awesome experience to see the surgey and hear first hand is opinion on the repair options. My daugther had full recovery with little pain.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr McClung is awesome, He fixed me knee and I couldn't be happier!! I cannot speak highly enough for his skill and caring!! He makes you feel like your apart of the family! and its apparent that he actually genuinely cares about what you are going thru! Great Person to boot!! Thank you so much for fixing me up good as new!!
Dayton, OH |
I had a great experience with Dr. McClung. I won't go to anyone else with the great, and smooth treatment I had!!. THANKS AGAIN!!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung is great! He doesn't recommend surgery unless it is absolutely the only option, and I am so thankful!
in Union, Ky. |
I was confident from the first meeting that I was in the right hands.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung has been my physician for 6 years. Been through 3 surgeries and 2 injuries.......he is the Best in Cincinnati!!!
in Burlington, Kentucky |
I have had a very positive experience so far. The surgery went well and I feel that I am making a quicker recovery than I originally anticipated. So far....its all good!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I am 9.5 weeks post rotator cuff surgery. Dr. McClung has been great! He explained what the surgery would entail and gave me realistic expectations for recovery. Dr. McClung was more than willing to answer answer all of my questions. I am pleased with my surgical result and I am on track for getting full use of my shoulder by summer!
in Florence, KY |
Takes time with you. Really listens. Puts the patient needs first.
in Batavia, OH |
I've had numerous orthopedic procedures by leading orthopedic surgeons on many body parts. I have to see that Dr. McClung set a standard for me and I would highly recommend Dr. McClung for any shoulder or knee injuries that require an orthopedic procedure!!
in New Richmond, Ohio |
Dr. McClung is the absolute best. Skilled surgeon and skilled communicator who takes all the time you need to understand your concerns and issues. He has performed a shoulder surgery on each arm and I don't hesitate to recommend him to all my friends.
in Hillsboro, Ohio |
As a nurse with PhD, I am highly experienced with healthcare providers and care overall. Dr.McClung and his team at Beacon would receive high praises from me. The front desk staff was so friendly and personable, the surgery center staff was professional but yet exuded caring qualities and the surgery performed was high quality. I was back to my presurgery state quickly. I would highly recommend Dr. McClung and the Beacon staff.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung repaired a massive rotator cuff tear involving three tendons. He and Beacon's staff promptly completed the MRI and surgery at Beacon's Sharonville surgical center. The surgical staff was excellent. Post surgical care with Dr. McClung was outstanding. He explained that the recovery would be a slow one. I am now 6 months post-op and am very close to full recovery. His recommended Drayer therapist was top notch. I have full confidence in Dr. McClung and highly recommend him.
in Liberty Twp, OH |
I highly recommend Dr. McGlung II. He repaired my rotator cuff injury and I had absolutely no complications from the surgery. The surgery was done timely and and follow up was beyond my expectations. He and his entire team made me feel very comfortable with the entire process. The Physical therapy team at Beacon, which I consider part of Dr. McGlung's team, given the therapy was performed at Dr McGlung's direction was great. The professionalism from the entire team was beyond expectation.
in Tipp City, OH |
My experience with Dr. McClung and his staff at Beacon was excellent. My treatment and care was top notch and if I required other orthopedic procedures Dr. McClung and Beacon would be the first place I would contact. I would recommend family and friends without hesitation.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. McClung and his staff are excellent. From the moment I entered his office I was given specific instructions, x-rays performed, followed up with MRI in just a matter of hours, and prescribed a plan to improve my condition. Dr. McClung explained my options in a clear and very easy to understand manner. Dr. McClung was helpful in getting surgery performed quickly due to insurance restrictions. Follow up care and therapy was quick and efficient. I will continue to recommend to others.
in Greendale, IN |
You will find Dr. McClung to be compassionate, confident, friendly, and among the top physicians in his field. He will take the time to explain after analysis what the best option are and allow you to weigh the choices and make your own personal decisions on any procedure necessary to correct your immediate problem. You will find he is an excellent surgeon and provides minimal invasive options when available with tremendous follow-up. It is of up most importance to follow post op directions.
in Crestview Hills, KY |
This was my second trip in 2 years to see Dr. McClung for frozen shoulder. I like the fact that he wanted me to get a cortisone injection and physical therapy first, to see if that would help before considering surgery. Dr. McClung took his time with me and I never felt rushed. Very caring doctor. His PA did an amazing job with my cortisone shot. It was ultrasound guided and she made me very at ease with the procedure. My only complaint would be the wait time to see the doctor.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I had ACL knee surgery with McClung and had an exceptional experience!!! Office in Anderson was supper friendly and helpful! Both McClung and Erin answered all my questions and concerns. I had such a great experience that I had him reattach my bicep 5 months later from another mishap. Awesome surgeon and staff!! Highly recommend them!!!!!!
in Erlanger |
My experience through rotator cuff surgery on both of my shoulders with Dr. McClung and his team was incredible. Not only did his office and nursing staff handle every detail with care, I found his PA, radiology staff and follow-up with the physical therapists to be the best I have ever received.
in Brooksville, KY |
I tore my ACL and MCL in December. I am a two sport athlete and wanted to get back to them ASAP. Dr. McClung and Drayer Physical Therapy made it possible to get me back on the court in 8 months when it usually takes one year! Thank you Dr. McClung for your expert care!!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I was able to get an appointment quickly and easily through the online scheduling process. Dr. McClung saw me for a knee injury and was able to get me an MRI for the same day. At the follow up appointment he clearly explained the MRI results, told me his treatment recommendation and also explained alternative options. I followed his initial treatment recommendation and have had no problems with the knee since. I found McClung and his staff to be efficient, competent and knowledgeable.
in Augusta, KY |
Dr McClung was the best surgeon for my daughter's knee surgery! He is very knowledgeable and an expert in orthopedics. We would use him again and have already recommended him to several other friends for their surgeries. He was awesome!!!
in Hamilton, OH |
Not sure how Dr McClung performs surgery, as we never got that far. Each time, which was 3, my husband went for an MRI, Dr. McClung's office was supposed to call in a sedative and didn't. My husband has severe claustrophobia. We called and reminded them, begged and pleaded. No avail. VERY POOR OFFICE!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung is a good orthoscopic surgeon. However, getting an appointment to see him is difficult and you usually end up seeing his PA who has no clue what she is doing. Poor business model.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung and especially his staff have very poor bedside manners. I booked my final post-op app. after shoulder surgery per their schedule and when I arrived I was informed that because I was at 93 days ( 90 day window) and they were going to charge me a $75 copay. They did not mention that it had to be within 90 days when I booked the appointment and he is only at Summit Woods one day per week. The billing dept. made three mistakes on my account during the course of 4 1/2 months UNACCEPTABLE
in Amelia, OH |
An arthroscopic hip surgery is hard to come by in Cincinnati. Glen might be the only one who does them (I was referred to him and couldn't find anyone else that did it, so I don't know if that's true or not but if there is someone else that does them that doc is hard to find!). Anyway arthroscopic surgery is the only way to do surgery and Dr. McClung is the only surgeon to do it! You can get hip surgery and and avoid a huge scar down the back of your leg or up the front of your torso.
Have you seen Dr. Glen McClung II, MD?
Are you Dr. McClung II?

Compare Dr. McClung II

Dr. McClung II's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available

Dr. McClung II has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

Why It Matters: Dr. McClung II's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Vertebral Column Tumors
  • Wrist Fracture

WV UNIV SCH OF MED

Graduated in 1999

Dr. McClung II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McClung II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine