Dr. Glen McClung II, MD

Dr. Glen McClung II, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Glen McClung II, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. McClung II is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital, Mercy Health - Anderson Hospital, Christ Hospital and Mercy Health - Clermont Hospital.

463 Ohio Pike

Cincinnati, OH 45255

Learn about Dr. McClung II

See how frequently Dr. McClung II performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Limb Pain

Dr. McClung II's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Sports Medicine

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Wv Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1999

Dr. McClung II has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McClung II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McClung II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McClung II's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McClung II to family and friends
4.5
Dr. McClung II's Performance
Westland, MI |
Dr McClung is an incredible doctor and his assistant is amazing as well. But the 2-Star review is because he consistently runs more than a half hour behind, usually about an hour behind and over schedules patients consistently. This is incredibly frustrating as a patient especially when trying to work around work and therapy schedules.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung put my shoulder back together last year and fixed my knee with a torn meniscus this year. I have recovered from both injury fine. I hope I don't injure anything else but he is the Doctor I want if I do
in West Union, OH |
Very caring and concerned about your pain and welfare. Felt better after seeing Dr. McClung and his PA. Was very pleased to find out I could have my MRI and see the Dr. for my results in the same appointment. Scheduling my surgery was very easy and quick. During my pre surgery the nurses were very caring and considerate. Surgery went very well and during post surgery the recovery nurse was also very caring and helpful. Would highly recommend Beacon Orthopedics and Dr. McClung to anyone.
Cincinnati, OH |
I was surprised after reading the accolades, that Dr McLung showed very little interest in my injury. 1st, I was told when trying to make an appt, they didn't take my insurance. Wrong! Waited at least 45 mins in the waiting room & 25 mins in the exam room. While Dr. Mclung was hanging at the desk chatting. $100 copay for seeing him twice. One, very brief exam, then informing me the MRI showed nothing surgical, & "thinking" the hematoma didn't need draining. No care instructions given.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung rocks, I was in pain and went to see him and he sent me for an MRI, after getting results on a Monday I was having surgery on my knee that Thursday, i would highly recommend Dr. McClung to anyone. Thank yo.
in Walton Ky |
Besthe doctor hands down. Great bedside manners!! Him and his staff has really went above and beyond for my son.
in Hurricane, WV |
Very personable, took the time necessary at each appoint to ensure I understood injury and all options. Great staff support as well.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung recently did a rotator cuff repair on my shoulder. It feels amazing! My entire experience with his staff has been outstanding! They are top notch!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung is the reason I have use of my dominate arm. Another surgeon misdiagnosed the severity and extent of my injury and was going to wait to do surgery. A client of mine recommended I see Dr. McClung for a second opinion. I had completely detached 3 of the muscles that control my shoulder. Dr. McClung and his team were able to reattached the muscles and get me on an aggressive rehab program. His skill, knowledge and dedication reversed a life altering injury.
in Harrison , OH |
Had no idea What to expect as Dr McClung was takimg over for Dr Argo who I had in the past. Glen was awesome as Argo was....recommebd anytime.
Cincinnati, OH |
First doctor I found in 11 years that didn't dismiss my knee pain and was very helpful with recommendations. Everything was taken care of quickly and easily.
in Owensville, Ohio |
I would definitely recommend Dr. McClung II to any family member or friend. He and his team did a really magnificent job on my shoulder. He also put me with an excellent group of therapists at beacon for after surgery. Scott and his team really made a big difference in my recovery. Dr. McClung was not only professional and a great surgeon but he also was caring and concerned about my health and well being. I really appreciate his great bed side manner and the service he provided. Thanks!!
in Erlanger, KY |
Dr. McClung is by far one of the best in his field. Had surgery for a major torn meniscus and never had to take one pain pill and I was walking really well on the 3rd day. He and his staff are very friendly, always willing to listen and never make you feel rushed when listening to your questions or concerned. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of surgery. I definitely will go back when my left knee needs surgery. I thank him for giving me my life back again!
in Cincinnati ohio |
Dr. McClung was exactly what I was looking for. I fractured my plateau tibia skiing and within 24 hours of arriving home I had an X-ray, a MRI, a knee brace and an appointment for a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan!! The wait in the office can be lengthy as there are lots of patients in this busy office. Hopefully I won't need an orthopedic doctor again but if I do I won't go anywhere else!
in Lake Waynoka, OH |
Very friendly and professional. the procedure and recovery were just as expected. Would certainly recommend.
in Hamersville, OH |
Very friendly. Listens to your concerns, medical questions and together you make a care plan for your medical care.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
I could not have entrusted my health to anyone better than Dr MCClung at Beacon Orthopaedics. He was professional and excellent as far as a surgeon goes and he was equally excellent in his care during and after surgery. His listening skills and level of professional concern and attitude far outweighed any expectations I had. I will not hesitate to return to Dr McClung in the future if the need arises. He is a fabulous Doctor/surgeon and an incredible human being. Thank you Dr McClung.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I like coming because they treat you as family and welcome everyday I come to my doctors appointment or for dryers therapy they talk to you and know you by name and therapy is awesome they let you go to pace that you want to go but let you know that you need to push a little bit more to get where you need to be. My therapy team works good as team they welcome me into therapy asked me how I'm doing and tell me what I need to do how to push myself just a little bit to get me at my goal everyday.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr McClung and his staff were great. Before, during, and after surgery, everyone was helpful and quick to answer any questions. He did whatever it took to make sure he made me comfortable and my care was excellent.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Glen McClung is very honest and competent and always give you the best advice. He does not do any unnecessary procedure.
Amelia, OH |
Highly recommend Dr. McClung! Very personable and highly skilled!
in Covington, KY |
I had a partial menisectomy operation in my right knee for a tear in my meniscus performed by Dr. McClung. Prior to the operation I would have to warm my knee up to move it and sometimes it caused pain to walk on it. Now post operation I feel almost completely normal with it being two weeks since the operation. He was very courteous, answered all my questions and did an excellent job repairing my knee. I would absolutely recommend Beacon group and Dr. McClung to anyone who has an injury!
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. McClung was so nice and treated me with respect. I had questions about my procedure and he never made me feel bad about asking clarifying questions. I had never had surgery before. The whole team made me feel at ease and I felt they truly cared about my wellbeing. Each person from the registration desk, anesthesiologist to Dr. McClung told me not to worry I was in good hands and they would take good care of me. And they DID. I highly recommend Dr. McClung.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. McClung was great! Really explained the problem and how he was gonna solve it.
in Amelia, OH |
My husband and I have had the privilege of using Dr Mc Clung for our knee and shoulder surgeries, we would highly recommend him and his staff, you all made us feel like family , thank you for all you did and if ever needed again we would never look anywhere else for help. The staff members in therapy are top line too and very very nice thanks for all the help.
in Milford, OH |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. McClung to anyone. I have been to his office for several different injuries dating back to 2012. His knowledge of ortho medicine and injuries are vast. His bedside manners are excellent. He is a wonderful surgeon and very thorough in his diagnosis. I fractured my shoulder in 2012; he ordered a 3D MRI; to make sure that he could see the injury from all angles. I will continue to see Dr. McClung when I have any type of sports injury
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dear Glen, Thank you for treating our daughter Josie. You and your team of professionals made our experience with Beacon a good one. Each appointment we had you and your staff were friendly, courteous and took the time to listen and answer questions we had. Most importantly you made our daughter comfortable. We would definitely recommend you to family and friends. We also had a great experience with Drayer for Josie's PT. Thank you again, Linda and Charlie Lackmeyer
in mason, ohio |
I was/am very satisfied with the entire process of having work done on my shoulder. Dr. M explained intended work before procedure and reviewed in detail what was done. Explained rehab timeline and future expectations thoroughly. Thank you Doc.
in Milford, OH |
Dr McClung has a great personality and is easy to talk too. Did a great job repairing my shoulder. If I have another surgery I will use him.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Doc knows his stuff. He and the whole staff shows that they care about what they are doing and are not just looking to get out of the office for the day. Every time I came in doc knew why I was there and was already up to speed on what was next. I never asked a question to have a response if idk or let me check. Had precious surgery 5 years ago and if I need another in another 5 I hope doc is still there!
in Milford, OH |
My daughter had a discoid meniscus tear. Dr McClung and his staff did an excellent job in repairing the tear and explaining the whole process and decision making during surgery itself. It was an awesome experience to see the surgey and hear first hand is opinion on the repair options. My daugther had full recovery with little pain.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr McClung is awesome, He fixed me knee and I couldn't be happier!! I cannot speak highly enough for his skill and caring!! He makes you feel like your apart of the family! and its apparent that he actually genuinely cares about what you are going thru! Great Person to boot!! Thank you so much for fixing me up good as new!!
Dayton, OH |
I had a great experience with Dr. McClung. I won't go to anyone else with the great, and smooth treatment I had!!. THANKS AGAIN!!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung is great! He doesn't recommend surgery unless it is absolutely the only option, and I am so thankful!
in Union, Ky. |
I was confident from the first meeting that I was in the right hands.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung has been my physician for 6 years. Been through 3 surgeries and 2 injuries.......he is the Best in Cincinnati!!!
in Burlington, Kentucky |
I have had a very positive experience so far. The surgery went well and I feel that I am making a quicker recovery than I originally anticipated. So far....its all good!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I am 9.5 weeks post rotator cuff surgery. Dr. McClung has been great! He explained what the surgery would entail and gave me realistic expectations for recovery. Dr. McClung was more than willing to answer answer all of my questions. I am pleased with my surgical result and I am on track for getting full use of my shoulder by summer!
in Florence, KY |
Takes time with you. Really listens. Puts the patient needs first.
in Batavia, OH |
I've had numerous orthopedic procedures by leading orthopedic surgeons on many body parts. I have to see that Dr. McClung set a standard for me and I would highly recommend Dr. McClung for any shoulder or knee injuries that require an orthopedic procedure!!
in New Richmond, Ohio |
Dr. McClung is the absolute best. Skilled surgeon and skilled communicator who takes all the time you need to understand your concerns and issues. He has performed a shoulder surgery on each arm and I don't hesitate to recommend him to all my friends.
in Hillsboro, Ohio |
As a nurse with PhD, I am highly experienced with healthcare providers and care overall. Dr.McClung and his team at Beacon would receive high praises from me. The front desk staff was so friendly and personable, the surgery center staff was professional but yet exuded caring qualities and the surgery performed was high quality. I was back to my presurgery state quickly. I would highly recommend Dr. McClung and the Beacon staff.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. McClung repaired a massive rotator cuff tear involving three tendons. He and Beacon's staff promptly completed the MRI and surgery at Beacon's Sharonville surgical center. The surgical staff was excellent. Post surgical care with Dr. McClung was outstanding. He explained that the recovery would be a slow one. I am now 6 months post-op and am very close to full recovery. His recommended Drayer therapist was top notch. I have full confidence in Dr. McClung and highly recommend him.
in Liberty Twp, OH |
I highly recommend Dr. McGlung II. He repaired my rotator cuff injury and I had absolutely no complications from the surgery. The surgery was done timely and and follow up was beyond my expectations. He and his entire team made me feel very comfortable with the entire process. The Physical therapy team at Beacon, which I consider part of Dr. McGlung's team, given the therapy was performed at Dr McGlung's direction was great. The professionalism from the entire team was beyond expectation.
in Tipp City, OH |
My experience with Dr. McClung and his staff at Beacon was excellent. My treatment and care was top notch and if I required other orthopedic procedures Dr. McClung and Beacon would be the first place I would contact. I would recommend family and friends without hesitation.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. McClung and his staff are excellent. From the moment I entered his office I was given specific instructions, x-rays performed, followed up with MRI in just a matter of hours, and prescribed a plan to improve my condition. Dr. McClung explained my options in a clear and very easy to understand manner. Dr. McClung was helpful in getting surgery performed quickly due to insurance restrictions. Follow up care and therapy was quick and efficient. I will continue to recommend to others.
in Greendale, IN |
You will find Dr. McClung to be compassionate, confident, friendly, and among the top physicians in his field. He will take the time to explain after analysis what the best option are and allow you to weigh the choices and make your own personal decisions on any procedure necessary to correct your immediate problem. You will find he is an excellent surgeon and provides minimal invasive options when available with tremendous follow-up. It is of up most importance to follow post op directions.
in Crestview Hills, KY |
This was my second trip in 2 years to see Dr. McClung for frozen shoulder. I like the fact that he wanted me to get a cortisone injection and physical therapy first, to see if that would help before considering surgery. Dr. McClung took his time with me and I never felt rushed. Very caring doctor. His PA did an amazing job with my cortisone shot. It was ultrasound guided and she made me very at ease with the procedure. My only complaint would be the wait time to see the doctor.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I had ACL knee surgery with McClung and had an exceptional experience!!! Office in Anderson was supper friendly and helpful! Both McClung and Erin answered all my questions and concerns. I had such a great experience that I had him reattach my bicep 5 months later from another mishap. Awesome surgeon and staff!! Highly recommend them!!!!!!
in Erlanger |
My experience through rotator cuff surgery on both of my shoulders with Dr. McClung and his team was incredible. Not only did his office and nursing staff handle every detail with care, I found his PA, radiology staff and follow-up with the physical therapists to be the best I have ever received.
Have you seen Dr. Glen McClung II, MD?
Are you Dr. McClung II?