Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD

Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 57

Neurosurgery

Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Rochester, MN. Dr. Lanzino has extensive experience in Neurocritical Care Disorders. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Mayo Clinic Hospital  and Mayo Clinic - Rochester. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Mayo Clinic - Minnesota

Rochester - Neurology200 1st St SW Rochester, MN 55905

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital  Jacksonville, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Mayo

Dr. Lanzino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lanzino

Dr. Lanzino

Dr. Lanzino is one of the world's finest neurosurgeons! He is extremely knowledgeable and skilled at his craft. I traveled across the country to have Dr. Lanzino treat my brain aneurysm with an endovascular procedure after another neurosurgeon said that endovascular treatment was not an option for me. Dr. Lanzino took the time to schedule video conferences with me before the procedure to make sure that I thoroughly understood everything. He and his team provided exemplary pre- and postoperative care. I was definitely in good hands with Dr. Lanzino. He made me feel very confident and relaxed before my procedure. I would highly recommend him and encourage everyone to get a second opinion with him like I did. I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.
Bridgette Garrett Watts – Jan 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
Dr. Lanzino was so professional and approachable when I sought his advice about my brain aneurysm. It was a great relief to learn that surgery wasn’t necessary and that I could safely observe it for now. Other physicians I had consulted before didn’t have the expertise that Dr. Lanzino has and were unsure about what was best for my situation. I feel very reassured after seeing him and his team.
Nov 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
I recently had an embolization of my Dural arteriovenous Fistula performed by Dr Giuseppe Lanzino. Dr Lanzino performed this delicate surgery with great skill and care. He is professional in every aspect of both surgery and putting a patient at ease. I’m extremely pleased with my care from Dr Lanzino & his staff. Everyone was kind, considerate and thoughtful to me. There are not enough words to adequately thank Dr Lanzino for his expertise with fistulas. God Bless him always Maddalena G Daniel
Maddalena G Daniel – Apr 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
He saved my life! I had a very large brain tumor that no surgeon in my home state would touch. He was very good at explaining everything & very kind. I recommend him to all I know when they have a brain tumor or anurism!
Pam – Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
I live near Chicago and was diagnosed with brain AVM after an onset seizure. I visited Dr. Lanzino because I've learned that he is an expert on treating brain AVM problems. Learning that I was hoping to have a surgery as soon as possible, he and his team scheduled a surgery that happened about one week after my first visit. The surgery went extremely well and only after less than a month I was able to going back to work almost with almost full mental strength. Now it has been about 4 months post-surgery and I've fully recovered. I am so grateful for Dr. Lanzino's sincere care about his patients like me and he is an extremely professional and proactive surgeon.
Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
We are priviledged to have Dr. Lanzino as my son's doctor and surgeon. We have been seeing him for the past 7 years. My son has Chiari Malformation and Psuedotumor causing cervical syrinx and suboccipital pseudomeingocele. He has always been attentive, informed, and proactive in my son's treatment. He seeks other colleagues for assistance when needed. While he may be quick and concise at times, it is because he is caring for so many very sick people at once and every minute he gives you, he gives with 100%. Many times he came by the hospital room several times in a day, maybe for 15 seconds but he was checking. He has even came in on his day off to do surgery on my son. I hold him in high esteem and would recommend him to everyone. Thank you Dr. Lanzino!
Jordon & Patty in MO – May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
Dr. Lanzino was amazing! He spent time with us and never made us feel rushed. He was compassionate yet very honest! Loved him and his office staff! So impressed with Dr. Lanzino and we are very thankful we came all the way from Georgia to see him!
Don Wishon in Acworth, GA – Apr 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
Our daughter was diagnosed with a Cavernous Malformation in February of 2018. Dr. Lanzino and his staff at the Mayo Clinic were wonderful and we can't thank him enough for all that he did for her. He was very patient and explained everything in detail what we should expect etc. and answered all of our questions thoroughly. He checked up on her several times after surgery as well. Just an amazing doctor. We would highly recommend him.
Cindi T – Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
Dr. Lanzino was amazing. He was to the point but was patient, explained things very well and answered all questions we had. He has such an extensive background and experi nice, you know you are being treated by the absolute best. He was honest and helped you through the process every step of the way. He found my two aneurysms and performed two successful brain surgeries 5 weeks apart. I’m so thankful to have had him as my surgeon. He and his staff are amazing!
Lisa in MN – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
Dr. Lanzino did not review my full history before seeing me. My appointment was scheduled last minute and I expected the same amount of time to review and discuss as I had with other disciplines. He was very short and arrived in a hurry wearing surgical attire. He acknowledged 1 of 3 abnormalities but did not review prior imaging regarding the hemorrhages nor did he review the follow up MRI that I had 3 days later. Felt very rushed. Said to go about life as normal. My brain was micro bleeding
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Michigan – Jan 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?
Dr. Lanzino did not review my aseptic before seeing me. I traveled 8 hours for an appointment. He was rushed and had a terrible bedside manner. After I complained, he did phone to speak with me, but proceeded to make excuses such as he was doing me a favor seeing me at the last minute. He did send my case to another colleaguemail for review where I did end up receiving excellent care.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Giuseppe Lanzino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lanzino?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Minnesota

Frequently Treated by Dr. Lanzino

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Lanzino treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Lanzino treats other conditions, please contact the office at (507) 405-0313.

Neurocritical Care Disorders

Neurocritical care specialists diagnose and treat severe and life-threatening neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumor, and traumatic brain injuryCompare with other Neurocritical Care Disorders specialists.

Dr. Lanzino is experienced in the area of Neurocritical Care Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Intracranial Vessel Angioplasty and Stenting
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoplasty
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medulloblastoma
  • Meningiomas
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Neurological Diseases
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Lanzino accepts

Dr. Lanzino accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO