Dr. Gisela Velez, MD

Dr. Gisela Velez, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Gisela Velez, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Ayer, MA. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

190 Groton Rd Ste 240

Ayer, MA 01432

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Velez

See how frequently Dr. Velez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Retinal Neovascularization
high
Retina Diseases
high
Retinal Telangiectasia

Dr. Velez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Eye Surgery
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• New York University School Of Medicine
  • Mass Eye and Ear Inf
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • National Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Velez has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Velez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Velez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Velez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Velez to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Velez's Performance
in Marlboro |
Had to get a quick appmt with a specialist due to my fathers sight in his left eye. It was hard for him to open and see clearly from it. Dr Velez staff fit him in the same day we called. We are very grateful for the prompt attention we both received when we got there. Thank God for this doctor. Although his problem wasn't as severe as we anticipated she explained what it was and put our fears aside. She is not only a wonderful human being but so brilliant in this field. Totally recommend her.
Paxton Massachusetts |
Dr Velez was the most pleasant experience I have had in several years. I took my mother to the same type Dr in Worcester and the experience was not a pleasant one. I am forever grateful that Dr Velez was able to fit my mom in even though she was booked solid and took the time and effort to put our fears and stress to a minimum. If anyone needs a retinal specialist please don't hesitate in calling her. Staff and office was very professional. Although you might have a long wait its worth it.
in Paxton |
Wonderful experience although a serious situation but Dr Velez was just so comforting that all our fears and concerns were put to rest. Patience and very articulate in her approach to defuse our anxiety was grately appreciated. Highly recommend her to anyone no matter their age.
in Sterling, MA |
I recently had an emergency surgery for a detached retina. While I can say that no emergency surgery is fun, it was a wonderful experience. Within 24 hours as a never before seen patient, I was seen, diagnosed and surgically treated. From the receptionist, technicians, surgery nurses, staff and certainly Dr. Velez I was treated with great care and professionalism. I have full faith that the decisions made were technically sound and in my best interest. Deepest gratitude to all!
Ayer mass |
Pleasant experience would highly recommend this doctor for any disease that you may have. Brought my mom due to her diagnose of diabetic retinopathy. Very knowledgeable in her field and willing to spend whatever time is needed.
in Shrewsbury mass |
Pleasant experience and will definitely be back for my mom treatments. I brought my mom with Diabetic Retinopathy and needs very close care. I feel very confident that she is the best doctor for her care
Terrific doctor. Goes above and beyond the call of duty. We were having a terrible time caring for our elderly mom thanks to damage caused by a terrible primary care doctor. Dr. Velez not only did her job, she offered help and advice on everything we were dealing with, as well as gave us a sympathetic ear. I don't know who these other reviewers saw, but Dr. Velez kept us sane during the darkest time in our lives. Five stars isn't enough for this wonderful doctor or her topnotch staff.
in Monson, MA |
Dr velez should not be able to use her license. She is unprofessional to patients and I do not feel people are safe under her care. DO NOT recommend!
in springfield, ma |
I've never had such an unimaginably bad experience with a doctor. The woman shows up to work whenever she wants, regardless of what time her patients are scheduled, and she chooses to do invasive procedures such as eye injections without fully explaining them to you or offering alternatives. Way too aggressive. I felt like she just talked really quickly in medical terms so that I would just agree. I decided I couldn't leave my care in the hands of such a disrespectful, money hungry person.
in Marlborough, MA |
Every appointment I had with Dr. Velez consisted of a minimum of a 90 minute wait, and I had appointments at different times of the day. The last appointment I had before changing doctors was at 8am, the earliest available, and I thought this would cut down the wait. While the pre-screening occurred only 15 minutes late, Dr. Velez did not arrive to the office until 9am. This was the final straw.
Have you seen Dr. Gisela Velez, MD?
Are you Dr. Velez?