Adult & Pediatric Neurology  |
Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD
Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD is an adult & pediatric neurology doctor who practices in Pontiac, MI. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Velugubanti is affiliated with Garden City Hospital.

461 W Huron St Ste 406

Pontiac, MI 48341

Learn about Dr. Velugubanti

Dr. Velugubanti's Experience

Dr. Velugubanti's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Adult & Pediatric Neurology

• Adult & Pediatric Neurology
  • Epilepsy
  • Functional Neurology
  • Pediatric Integrative Medicine
  • Pediatric Neurology

Dr. Velugubanti does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Diplopia
  • Dystonia
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spina Bifida
  • Stroke
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • QEEG (Quantitative Encephalogram)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Kasturba Med Coll
  • Sports Competency Mid-Atlantic Conference
    Other Education | Completed 2000
  • Transcranial Magetic Stimulation
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Dr. Velugubanti has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Velugubanti has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Telugu

Dr. Velugubanti does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Velugubanti and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Velugubanti's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Velugubanti to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Velugubanti's Performance
in Monroe, MI |
This was the most beneficial office visit I have ever had. So much was accomplished. Dr Velugubanti is knowledgeable, and professional. He will answer any question you have thoroughly. My test results were discussed the same day. This was????. All future visits, and therapy visits were lined up quickly. His team did a great job! Thank you Chad Martell
in New Hudson, MI |
This Doctor is so Amazing!! He is so understanding, so patient, and kind. He answered all of my questions and explained everything in detail. He addressed most of problems in the first visit, rather than address just one or two symptoms, like most other doctors try to do, just so that you have to go see them repeatedly. I absolutely love the fact that he would rather prescribe natural medicine rather than random narcotics that most other doctors would rather prescribe to you. I highly recommend!
East Lansing, MI |
He only accepted one insurance and I spent thousand of dollars, trusting him completely, only to be let down when he lost interest in all but auto accident victims. It seems money is the driving force although his initial bedside manner seems sincere. He and his office are disorganized. I question if he documents patient visits as he moves straight to the next patient and medical records are impossible to obtain. What a waste of a brilliant mind. A paper dragon.
in Grosse Pointe, MI |
My daughter was struck in the head with the boom from a sailboat in 30mph gusts. We saw countless doctors, no one helped. Dr. Velugubanti was the ONLY one. Explains everything well (perfect English), keeps up on latest information, cares and he seems to be the only Neurologist that knows what he is doing. He even called me on my cell phone to see how my daughter had been doing. We had seen Dr. Kutcher at U of M NeuroSport-terrible. Dr. Russman at Cleveland Clinic agreed with Dr. V's work.
Utica, MI |
My recent office visit with Dr. Velugubanti was outstanding. The office staff was very friendly and caring. Dr.Velugubanti is a great doctor who listens to the patient. I was very pleased with my visit and looking forward to positive results with my treatment. Highly recommend Dr. Velugubanti!!
Carmel, IN |
Please don't be deceived by his ratings as I was. His ratings are only so high because they make you rate them right there in the appointment in front of the doctor and the staff. This is the most unprofessional office I have ever been to and we have seen a lot of doctors for my son. After traveling 4 hours to get to his office, waiting for 2 hours to see the doctor and then spending 2 hours for the doctor to train his staff, we have absolutely nothing to show for it.
in Highland, MI |
The people here are helpful however the office is very disorganized. The appointment process is confusing and not made very clear. Also they did not contact me for a follow up visit after my test and I had to contact them 3 times to get this set up. During the visit they talk about supplying information and copy of test results but never follow through and supply them.
in Royal Oak, MI |
my experience with Dr.Gireesh was a great one he made sure i understood what was going on he kind and caring jus a great doctor.
in williams |
It very enlightening and very through with communicating the process for treatment.
in Detroit, MI |
Absolutely through awsome very smart , educational.
in Dearborn Heights, mi |
the most professional and experienced physician on neurology that i have ever meet with. he provide more care and information tower your illness and needs. he provide sources for eliminate the dis comfort in future run.
in Carmel , in |
we stay very connected in the autism community and will definitely recommend
in DEARBORN, MI |
dr is very peronable AND understands my needs
in Milford, MI |
I cannot express how grateful I am to have found Dr. Velugubanti! His entire office staff, home care PT folks, the EEG guy, have all shown to be extremely caring and really wanting to get you on the road to recovery as quickly and painlessly as possible. If you are looking for a physician that truly cares about diagnosing, treating and healing you, this is the right doctor!
Canton, MI |
Great experience. Dr V. spent a lot of time with me, making sure I understood all aspects of my care and how he was gonna treat my issues.
Warren, MI |
This is the first meaningful relief my husband has had in months. Dr. V. is knowledgeable, compassionate, and skilled! Highly recommended!
in Detroit, MI |
He is one of the BEST doctors I have ever seen since being out of the hospital. He really did a full evaluation to really see what the problem was and tried his best to solve it. If anyone else were to ask me about a Neurologist then It will be Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti.
in shelbytwp |
Very happy with the professional based staff and Dr. Gireesh Velugbani was very helpful with my concerns and pain I have been dealing with.
in Detroit, MI |
My experience was awesome. He really got down to the root of the issue, the first doctor to really address the issues that I have. I honestly thank God for Doctor V!
in Belleville, MI |
Dr Velugubanti spends an extraordinary amount of time with you focusing on the whole body and how the health issues you are currently experiencing are affecting the body collectively. He partners with you removing the barriers of fear that you struggle with as a patient. He clearly explains what you are experiencing, then Dr Velugubanti discusses treatment plan options, allowing you as the patient to partake in the planning of your treatment. He is an excellent doctor with a great staff!
Ypsilanti, MI |
Dr. Velugubanti has changed my life! When I came to Dr. V, I was suffering majorly. With the help of Dr. V , I entered neurofeedback and it changed my life 180. I wouldn't be where I am today without neurofeedback or Dr. V. I would highly recommend Dr. V and neurofeedback to anyone struggling.
in New Baltimore, MI |
i wouldve loved to recommend dr.v to anyone needed a great neurologist, but since his office stopped accepting my insurance and wanted to charge an abscene amount of money for a 15 minute session with him. i feel that its become all about money and not helping the people that truly need his services. i still have not found a replacement specialist. having to discontinue my medication he prescibed to me through him. causing more complications with my health overall...thanks!
Dr. Velugubanti is truly a phenomenal physician! Besides being extremely intelligent and innovative, Dr. V is also amazingly caring and compassionate. I am so grateful to have him as my neurologist. I simply cannot recommend him highly enough.
in Fenton, MI |
THEE GREATEST Neurologist in the World hands down!!!!??. Believe me!! My special needs son (14yrs) has SO many different Neurologist and other specialist that just could NOT and didn't spend the time and testing to find out what his birth defects are. Recently I sustained a sever brain injury. A friend recommended Dr. V and we both seen him and are on our way to recovery. He takes the time to really listen and do test that most doctors never think of or know about. You're a fool not to call.
in Redford, MI |
Best Dr. ive ever been treated by. Extremely happy to have met this man. Professional and friendly. Knowledgeable about his practice and generously willing to share his advice.
in Oakland County, Michigan |
They charged me multiple times the quote they originally priced. Try to call and nobody answers. Very sketchy place. I went there for something else and he just started talking about “Neurobiofeedback”. Totally absurd and a waste of time. Tried to refer me to a bunch of other providers he knew. He tried to prescribe me Adderall for unclear reasons. I left very confused.
in Macomb, MI |
This would have been 5 stars at one point. I have come to realize that he cares about money more than his patients which is really sad. I was told that they accepted my insurance. He diagnosed me, put me on two medications that were working great and after seeing him several times, he was all of a sudden "out of network" and I owed $3k!? He cut me off completely and that is so unprofessional. Tried making arrangements to pay and no one calls back, no one cares and I am stuck finding another dr.
Hastings MI |
If you want to get to the core of the problem then Dr Velugubanti is the doctor you need. No more just treating the symptoms let's get to the heart of it and finally feel better.
Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Wonderful so far! Very knowledgeable neurologist.
in clinton twp, MI |
Dr. V is a very knowledgeable and thorough doctor and truly listens to patient and their needs. one on one or with a case management service. He always answers all the questions and concerns of the patient. i would fully recommend Dr. v to anyone in need with a head injury. Thanks.
in Howell, MI |
In 20 years of dealing with migraines and 10 years of dealing with an autoimmune disorder, I have never felt any relief and have had little hope that any of my issues would improve until I met Dr. Velugubanti. I can't say enough about this doctor. He is respectful and attentive and listens to what I say, making it clear that we are a team. He thinks outside of the box and does not urge me to make changes I'm not ready for or willing to try. Thanks to Dr. V. I feel like I'm getting my life back.
in Waterford, MI |
Does not care for people with insurance outside of coverage. Charges $100 for FIFTEEN MINUTES. Charges for everything. Every interaction has a fee. This is not medicine. It's criminal. People are suffering and NO hope or help is given. One price is quoted, then 5x that is charged and they don't care. if you're wealthy, great. If not, don't bother.
in Detroit, MI |
I have an adult Autistic Child who developed a scratching, itching, irritation of his skin (entire body); and after 13 trips to Doctors and Hospitals (Neurologist, Dermatologist, & his personal Physician ) were unable to get a stable diagnosis for treatment. I informed Dr. Velugubanti of my plight and he said, "bring your Son in and I will take a look at him". Dr. Velugubanti ordered some lab work, diagnosed it and said, "I will take your Son's case". Within 30 days Darryl improved greatly!
in Ann Arbor,MI |
My daughter means everything to me and seeing her struggle was very hard. When I found Dr. Velugubanti to treat my daughter, I was AMAZED. I am very grateful I found Dr. V. He's very compassionate and extremely SMART. He took the time to explain everything to us and never did I feel rushed. His staff was excellent and helpful. We are truly blessed.
Clarkston, MI |
The most thorough neurologic exam I've ever had. Dr. Velugubanti is extremely intelligent and is determined to help his patients feel better. He offers tremendous support and information. Highly recommended!
in Mannchester, MI |
Have felt my son was in the best care ever experienced with a doctor. Dr. V takes the time needed always to give the best care. Grateful to have found Dr Velugubanti! His knowledge and experience is exceptional.
in Middleville, MI |
Dr. Velugubanti is very caring. He is brilliant and kind. He nailed what was wrong with me in the first visit after having seen multiple specialists. His integrative approach is refreshing. He is an excellent listener and an excellent teacher. I am so grateful to have found him.
in Dallas, TX |
Im not a fan of doctors but this one was different. It's obvious Dr Velugubanti loves helping people even more than his work. He took his time and thoroughly answered my questions and possible treatments. I've sat down with my share of doctors and you can't help but feel like they're in a rush to diagnose and move on to the next. He asked questions that mattered and recommend his services along with OTHER doctors and treatment centers closer to me. WHO DOES THAT? Appreciate your time Doc.
in Clinton township mi |
My experience with Dr. Velugubanti , he really cares about the patient , and I have seen a lot of Doctors in my lifetime , but honestly have never met a more genuine Doctor . When I visit , his main concern is how I'm doing , and what he can do to help get me better, and you're not just another patient to him. Really I've never experienced any Doctor like him, I'm definitely satisfied , and I would recommend friends and family to go see him.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
He is very smart and explains things in a way that you can understand. I liked his mannerism. I was very comfortable with him and would recommend him to family and friends. It was a pleasure meting him.
in new baltimore, mi |
After being treated for 6 months he left the office without giving notice and went to web Md appointments. Never wanting to see me in the office again. Could not get through to dr on WebMD or on phone. Had to call and leave a message that I was a new patient to be contacted back by secretary only to be told she cannot contact patients back its not their policy to send a message thru WebMD, which I did and have not been contacted back. I want medical records. I WOULD NOT EVER RETURN TO HIM!
in New Baltimore, Mi |
He is a GREAT Dr., I absolutely loved him, his attention to detail, and his beside manner. However, I was forced to leave his current practice. He constantly was changing policies; he had switched to follow-up visits ONLY be conducted via Telehealth and this was the last straw for me. How is he going to perform a thorough exam if he refuses to see his patients in person? Additionally, I waited for a specific type of treatment and he was unable to provide it to me, as he didn't have money.
Ann Arbor, MI |
Very thoroughly in each appointment. I feel we are receiving excellent care.
in Howell, MI |
Dr. Velugubanti is very knowledgeable, listens to your concerns and spends the time needed to answer your questions.
in Oak Park, MI |
He is an excellent doctor that really cares for his patient's well being and health. He is very thorough and caring.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
He genuinely cares about my children, who are all three patients of his. He is extremely thourough and has given diagnoses which other doctors have missed. I would recommend him to everyone-he is one of a kind!
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr. V is a great doctor, probably the best I've been too. He is literally the only Doctor that looked at me as a whole person and not just assume my MS was the root of my health problems. I completed extensive testing & found out I had a lot of food sensitivities / allergies and 4 viruses - one that I've had a long time. No other Doctor ever tested or told me that. Dr V is a kind, knowledgeable, passionate person. I couldn't be happier with him & his treatment plan.
Have you seen Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD?
Are you Dr. Velugubanti?