Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD

Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD

Adult & Pediatric Neurology | Male | 40 years old

84 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Velugubanti specializes in Adult & Pediatric Neurology and practices in Pontiac, MI. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Velugubanti? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Velugubanti's Experience

See how Dr. Velugubanti's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Velugubanti

Dr. Velugubanti accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Velugubanti has admitting privileges.

Dr. Velugubanti's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Velugubanti to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Velugubanti's Performance
Dr. Velugubanti is truly a phenomenal physician! Besides being extremely intelligent and innovative, Dr. V is also amazingly caring and compassionate. I am so grateful to have him as my neurologist. I simply cannot recommend him highly enough.
in Fenton, MI |
THEE GREATEST Neurologist in the World hands down!!!!??. Believe me!! My special needs son (14yrs) has SO many different Neurologist and other specialist that just could NOT and didn't spend the time and testing to find out what his birth defects are. Recently I sustained a sever brain injury. A friend recommended Dr. V and we both seen him and are on our way to recovery. He takes the time to really listen and do test that most doctors never think of or know about. You're a fool not to call.
in Redford, MI |
Best Dr. ive ever been treated by. Extremely happy to have met this man. Professional and friendly. Knowledgeable about his practice and generously willing to share his advice.
in Oakland County, Michigan |
They charged me multiple times the quote they originally priced. Try to call and nobody answers. Very sketchy place. I went there for something else and he just started talking about “Neurobiofeedback”. Totally absurd and a waste of time. Tried to refer me to a bunch of other providers he knew. He tried to prescribe me Adderall for unclear reasons. I left very confused.
in Macomb, MI |
This would have been 5 stars at one point. I have come to realize that he cares about money more than his patients which is really sad. I was told that they accepted my insurance. He diagnosed me, put me on two medications that were working great and after seeing him several times, he was all of a sudden "out of network" and I owed $3k!? He cut me off completely and that is so unprofessional. Tried making arrangements to pay and no one calls back, no one cares and I am stuck finding another dr.
Hastings MI |
If you want to get to the core of the problem then Dr Velugubanti is the doctor you need. No more just treating the symptoms let's get to the heart of it and finally feel better.
Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Wonderful so far! Very knowledgeable neurologist.
in clinton twp, MI |
Dr. V is a very knowledgeable and thorough doctor and truly listens to patient and their needs. one on one or with a case management service. He always answers all the questions and concerns of the patient. i would fully recommend Dr. v to anyone in need with a head injury. Thanks.
in Howell, MI |
In 20 years of dealing with migraines and 10 years of dealing with an autoimmune disorder, I have never felt any relief and have had little hope that any of my issues would improve until I met Dr. Velugubanti. I can't say enough about this doctor. He is respectful and attentive and listens to what I say, making it clear that we are a team. He thinks outside of the box and does not urge me to make changes I'm not ready for or willing to try. Thanks to Dr. V. I feel like I'm getting my life back.
in Waterford, MI |
Does not care for people with insurance outside of coverage. Charges $100 for FIFTEEN MINUTES. Charges for everything. Every interaction has a fee. This is not medicine. It's criminal. People are suffering and NO hope or help is given. One price is quoted, then 5x that is charged and they don't care. if you're wealthy, great. If not, don't bother.
in Detroit, MI |
I have an adult Autistic Child who developed a scratching, itching, irritation of his skin (entire body); and after 13 trips to Doctors and Hospitals (Neurologist, Dermatologist, & his personal Physician ) were unable to get a stable diagnosis for treatment. I informed Dr. Velugubanti of my plight and he said, "bring your Son in and I will take a look at him". Dr. Velugubanti ordered some lab work, diagnosed it and said, "I will take your Son's case". Within 30 days Darryl improved greatly!
in Ann Arbor,MI |
My daughter means everything to me and seeing her struggle was very hard. When I found Dr. Velugubanti to treat my daughter, I was AMAZED. I am very grateful I found Dr. V. He's very compassionate and extremely SMART. He took the time to explain everything to us and never did I feel rushed. His staff was excellent and helpful. We are truly blessed.
Clarkston, MI |
The most thorough neurologic exam I've ever had. Dr. Velugubanti is extremely intelligent and is determined to help his patients feel better. He offers tremendous support and information. Highly recommended!
in Mannchester, MI |
Have felt my son was in the best care ever experienced with a doctor. Dr. V takes the time needed always to give the best care. Grateful to have found Dr Velugubanti! His knowledge and experience is exceptional.
in Middleville, MI |
Dr. Velugubanti is very caring. He is brilliant and kind. He nailed what was wrong with me in the first visit after having seen multiple specialists. His integrative approach is refreshing. He is an excellent listener and an excellent teacher. I am so grateful to have found him.
in Utica, MI |
Dr V is brilliant, thorough and kind. He provides education with visuals to help with understanding of brain dysfunction. I am beyond thankful for the referral provided me to Dr V. I wish he accepted more insurance providers but feel he is worth every penny.
in Dallas, TX |
Im not a fan of doctors but this one was different. It's obvious Dr Velugubanti loves helping people even more than his work. He took his time and thoroughly answered my questions and possible treatments. I've sat down with my share of doctors and you can't help but feel like they're in a rush to diagnose and move on to the next. He asked questions that mattered and recommend his services along with OTHER doctors and treatment centers closer to me. WHO DOES THAT? Appreciate your time Doc.
in Clinton township mi |
My experience with Dr. Velugubanti , he really cares about the patient , and I have seen a lot of Doctors in my lifetime , but honestly have never met a more genuine Doctor . When I visit , his main concern is how I'm doing , and what he can do to help get me better, and you're not just another patient to him. Really I've never experienced any Doctor like him, I'm definitely satisfied , and I would recommend friends and family to go see him.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
He is very smart and explains things in a way that you can understand. I liked his mannerism. I was very comfortable with him and would recommend him to family and friends. It was a pleasure meting him.
in new baltimore, mi |
After being treated for 6 months he left the office without giving notice and went to web Md appointments. Never wanting to see me in the office again. Could not get through to dr on WebMD or on phone. Had to call and leave a message that I was a new patient to be contacted back by secretary only to be told she cannot contact patients back its not their policy to send a message thru WebMD, which I did and have not been contacted back. I want medical records. I WOULD NOT EVER RETURN TO HIM!
in New Baltimore, mi |
I liked the dr. It was very difficult since the beginning to get ahold of the office to scheduled an appointment ever.Then he switched to web md and only sees his patients over the computer because of choices he made to leave a previous practices. I left multiple messages and on web md that were not returned. I had to call and leave a message that I was a new client and was contacted within 30 minutes then was told I was not professional.i just want my medical records. Very rude on phone!!!!!
in New Baltimore, Mi |
He is a GREAT Dr., I absolutely loved him, his attention to detail, and his beside manner. However, I was forced to leave his current practice. He constantly was changing policies; he had switched to follow-up visits ONLY be conducted via Telehealth and this was the last straw for me. How is he going to perform a thorough exam if he refuses to see his patients in person? Additionally, I waited for a specific type of treatment and he was unable to provide it to me, as he didn't have money.
Ann Arbor, MI |
Very thoroughly in each appointment. I feel we are receiving excellent care.
in Howell, MI |
Dr. Velugubanti is very knowledgeable, listens to your concerns and spends the time needed to answer your questions.
in Oak Park, MI |
He is an excellent doctor that really cares for his patient's well being and health. He is very thorough and caring.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
He genuinely cares about my children, who are all three patients of his. He is extremely thourough and has given diagnoses which other doctors have missed. I would recommend him to everyone-he is one of a kind!
in Chesterfield, MI |
Dr. V is a great doctor, probably the best I've been too. He is literally the only Doctor that looked at me as a whole person and not just assume my MS was the root of my health problems. I completed extensive testing & found out I had a lot of food sensitivities / allergies and 4 viruses - one that I've had a long time. No other Doctor ever tested or told me that. Dr V is a kind, knowledgeable, passionate person. I couldn't be happier with him & his treatment plan.
Have you seen Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD?
Are you Dr. Velugubanti?

Compare Dr. Velugubanti

Dr. Velugubanti's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult & Pediatric Neurology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available
  •  Sanctions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Sanction

Dr. Velugubanti has received 1 sanction

• Other (8/17/2012)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Summary: Velugubanti, Gireesh MD License # 4301087670

Nature of Complaint

The physician has a Alcohol Related Criminal Conviction and a Sister State Disciplinary Action.

Action Taken

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Health Professions placed the physician’s Michigan license on Probation.

• State: Michigan

• Diplopia
  • Dystonia
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spina Bifida
  • Stroke
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Completed in 2000

Transcranial Magetic Stimulation

• Hindi
  • Telugu

Dr. Velugubanti does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Velugubanti and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult & Pediatric Neurology