Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD

Dr. Gireesh Velugubanti, MD

Adult & Pediatric Neurology | Male

Integrative Neurology PLLC 2301 S Huron Pkwy Ste 1C, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Velugubanti specializes in Adult & Pediatric Neurology and practices in Ann Arbor, MI. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Velugubanti? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Velugubanti's Experience

59Experience
Match

See how Dr. Velugubanti's experience matches your preferences.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Sanction

has received 1 Sanction

• Other
    • Action Taken:Probation

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Velugubanti

Dr. Velugubanti accepts 2 insurance carriers

2 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Velugubanti has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Velugubanti

Dr. Velugubanti's Review Details
    4.8 based on 70 responses
    Experience with Dr. Velugubanti
    Dr. Velugubanti's Office & Staff
      10 – 15 minutes (64)
    in Ann Arbor,MI |
    My daughter means everything to me and seeing her struggle was very hard. When I found Dr. Velugubanti to treat my daughter, I was AMAZED. I am very grateful I found Dr. V. He's very compassionate and extremely SMART. He took the time to explain everything to us and never did I feel rushed. His staff was excellent and helpful. We are truly blessed.
    Clarkston, MI |
    The most thorough neurologic exam I've ever had. Dr. Velugubanti is extremely intelligent and is determined to help his patients feel better. He offers tremendous support and information. Highly recommended!
    in Mannchester, MI |
    Have felt my son was in the best care ever experienced with a doctor. Dr. V takes the time needed always to give the best care. Grateful to have found Dr Velugubanti! His knowledge and experience is exceptional.
    in Middleville, MI |
    Dr. Velugubanti is very caring. He is brilliant and kind. He nailed what was wrong with me in the first visit after having seen multiple specialists. His integrative approach is refreshing. He is an excellent listener and an excellent teacher. I am so grateful to have found him.
    in Utica, MI |
    Dr V is brilliant, thorough and kind. He provides education with visuals to help with understanding of brain dysfunction. I am beyond thankful for the referral provided me to Dr V. I wish he accepted more insurance providers but feel he is worth every penny.
    in Dallas, TX |
    Im not a fan of doctors but this one was different. It's obvious Dr Velugubanti loves helping people even more than his work. He took his time and thoroughly answered my questions and possible treatments. I've sat down with my share of doctors and you can't help but feel like they're in a rush to diagnose and move on to the next. He asked questions that mattered and recommend his services along with OTHER doctors and treatment centers closer to me. WHO DOES THAT? Appreciate your time Doc.
    in Clinton township mi |
    My experience with Dr. Velugubanti , he really cares about the patient , and I have seen a lot of Doctors in my lifetime , but honestly have never met a more genuine Doctor . When I visit , his main concern is how I'm doing , and what he can do to help get me better, and you're not just another patient to him. Really I've never experienced any Doctor like him, I'm definitely satisfied , and I would recommend friends and family to go see him.
    in Sterling Heights, MI |
    He is very smart and explains things in a way that you can understand. I liked his mannerism. I was very comfortable with him and would recommend him to family and friends. It was a pleasure meting him.
    in new baltimore, mi |
    After being treated for 6 months he left the office without giving notice and went to web Md appointments. Never wanting to see me in the office again. Could not get through to dr on WebMD or on phone. Had to call and leave a message that I was a new patient to be contacted back by secretary only to be told she cannot contact patients back its not their policy to send a message thru WebMD, which I did and have not been contacted back. I want medical records. I WOULD NOT EVER RETURN TO HIM!
    in New Baltimore, mi |
    I liked the dr. It was very difficult since the beginning to get ahold of the office to scheduled an appointment ever.Then he switched to web md and only sees his patients over the computer because of choices he made to leave a previous practices. I left multiple messages and on web md that were not returned. I had to call and leave a message that I was a new client and was contacted within 30 minutes then was told I was not professional.i just want my medical records. Very rude on phone!!!!!
    in New Baltimore, Mi |
    He is a GREAT Dr., I absolutely loved him, his attention to detail, and his beside manner. However, I was forced to leave his current practice. He constantly was changing policies; he had switched to follow-up visits ONLY be conducted via Telehealth and this was the last straw for me. How is he going to perform a thorough exam if he refuses to see his patients in person? Additionally, I waited for a specific type of treatment and he was unable to provide it to me, as he didn't have money.
    Ann Arbor, MI |
    Very thoroughly in each appointment. I feel we are receiving excellent care.
    in Howell, MI |
    Dr. Velugubanti is very knowledgeable, listens to your concerns and spends the time needed to answer your questions.
    in Oak Park, MI |
    He is an excellent doctor that really cares for his patient's well being and health. He is very thorough and caring.
    in Rochester Hills, MI |
    He genuinely cares about my children, who are all three patients of his. He is extremely thourough and has given diagnoses which other doctors have missed. I would recommend him to everyone-he is one of a kind!
    in Chesterfield, MI |
    Dr. V is a great doctor, probably the best I've been too. He is literally the only Doctor that looked at me as a whole person and not just assume my MS was the root of my health problems. I completed extensive testing & found out I had a lot of food sensitivities / allergies and 4 viruses - one that I've had a long time. No other Doctor ever tested or told me that. Dr V is a kind, knowledgeable, passionate person. I couldn't be happier with him & his treatment plan.
    Have you seen Dr. Velugubanti?
    Are you Dr. Velugubanti? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Velugubanti

• Diplopia
    • Dystonia
    • Epilepsy
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
    • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
    • Seizure Disorders
    • Sleep Disorders
    • Spina Bifida
    • Stroke
    • Tension Headache
    • Thrombosis
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Traumatic Brain Injury
    • Tremor
    • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
    • EMG (Electromyography)
    • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Sanction

Dr. Velugubanti has received 1 sanction

• Other  (8/17/2012)
      • Action Taken: Probation
      • Summary: Velugubanti, Gireesh MD License # 4301087670

Nature of Complaint

The physician has a Alcohol Related Criminal Conviction and a Sister State Disciplinary Action.

Action Taken

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Health Professions placed the physician’s Michigan license on Probation.

• State: Michigan

Sports Competency Mid-Atlantic Conference

Completed in 2000

Transcranial Magetic Stimulation

Completed in 2010

Dr. Velugubanti has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Velugubanti has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
    • Telugu
    ×

Dr. Velugubanti's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Adult & Pediatric Neurology
    • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    • Malpractice claims in Michigan not available
    • Sanctions found
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Velugubanti

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Velugubanti's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Velugubanti

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients