Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD

Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |

Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read her story

Women's Pelvic Restorative Center

7900 Fannin St Ste 4000

Houston, TX 77054

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Cathey

See how frequently Dr. Cathey performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Incontinence Sling Procedure
Uterine Prolapse
Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Dr. Cathey's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cathey's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cathey "Dr. Cathey is a Urogynecologist and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgeon at the Women's Pelvic Health and Continence Center. Urogynecology, a subspecialty within Obstetrics and Gynecology, is dedicated to the treatment of women with pelvic floor disorders such as incontinence and prolapse. Urinary incontinence, leakage of urine, is a very common condition affecting women. Prolapse simply means a bulging or pressure sensation in the vaginal area caused by displaced or falling female organs such as the bladder, uterus, vagina or rectum. Prolapse and incontinence frequently occur together. These are not a normal part of a woman's aging. Non-surgical and surgical treatment is available for patients with these uncomfortable symptoms. After completing her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Cathey underwent fellowship training where she spent several years focusing on the treatment of female gynecological disorders. She first completed a Fellowship in Advanced Gynecological Endoscopy focusing on minimally invasive surgical techniques such as laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. This was followed by a Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery fellowship, where she concentrated on treatment of pelvic floor disorders. She currently participates in training other gynecologists in these areas."

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor University
  • Louisiana State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cathey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cathey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cathey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cathey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cathey to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Cathey's Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Cathey is the Best! Had a great experience with an outstanding outcome. Love wonderful staff friendly and professional.
in Hilltop Lakes, TX |
she is absolutely terrific. great office staff. excellent care. i highly recommend.
in dayton tx |
I would recommend Dr Cathey She is very caring and takes time to explain what she is going to do
Houston, TX |
Dr. Cathey is wonderful. She and her staff are caring and competent. They see to the patient's individual needs and concerns. They also always answer your phone calls!
Houston, TX |
Dr. Cathy and her staff were amazing.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Cathey was amazing! I had a total hystrectomy laporscopically and it was the best and easiest surgery I ever had. I never was in any pain and my healing process was fast. Dr Cathey's beside manner is one of the reasons I went to her. She listens and understands how you are feeling.i would definitley recommend her and her practice. Dr Cathey's nurses are wonderful also!!
Houston, TX |
I waited 2 hours to be seen which I wasn't thrilled about.
Great doctor and staff.
Houston, TX |
Very caring and attentive to all concerns - excellent surgeon
in xhouston |
Staff very proficient and friendly and professional! Always on to Ime and never a long wait. The staff handles calls very fast also.
in Garwood, Texas |
Great atomsphere! Appointments are on time and staff and Dr. Cathey are very nice and friendly! Enjoy being a patient at this wonderful clinic!
Houston, TX |
Dr. Cathey explained every aspect of my evaluation, surgery, and recovery. No question was too small to answer. Great bedside manner and great staff. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to a friend.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Cathey and her staff was very friendly. They would always be available to answer all questions. I would highly recommend Dr Cathey and her staff to my friends.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Cathey and Annie were very caring and attentive. They were both very professional. I had a surgery that was a success! I had very minimal pain for the complex surgery that I had done! I had a great experience with all the staff and would definetly recommend Dr. Cathey to anyone who has a femal issue going on! Thank you so much for taking great care of me!
in Lake Charles,LA |
Never been in a doctor's office that treat you like family!
in Houston, TX |
Dr Cathey was so easy to talk to and personable. She genuinely listened to me and my concerns, then gave me answers and options. She helped me tremendously.. I recommend her to everyone with pelvic floor issues.
in bellaire, tx |
I will always be grateful to my friend who recommended Dr. Cathy. Her office staff are great. They are so sweet, caring and efficient and ready to help with any problem. I can't say enough about Dr. Cathy. She is an excellent doctor in every way. After my tests she met with me in her office and explained exactly what my problems were and what my options were. Together we decided what would be best for me. Thank you Dr. Cathy for making my life better.
in Beaumont, Tx |
All of the staff are very kind and knowledgeable. Dr Cathey is pleasant and professional .
Wharton, TX |
Dr. Cathey is an excellent doctor whom I have recommended to many people and will continue to do so. She did surgery on me several years ago and I have had no problems.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Cathey is an amazing doctor and surgeon. Her bedside manner is wonderful and her nurses are the best. I would refer all of my friends and family to her!
Houston, TX |
Dr. Cathey is the most amazing, understanding, caring, and compassionate physician I've ever been to. I came into my office visit nervous and unsure what i was going to experienced. Her staff and her just made me feel so comfortable and assuring that I was going to be taking care of and I have. I recommend her to all my family members and friends.
in Lake jackson, TX |
The staff here is very friendly and professional. I felt very comfortable and loved the service I received.
in Houston, TXt |
Intelligent, friendly, never in a hurry.
in Houston, TX |
The staff super friendly!!!! Dr Cathey is awesome she explains everything with detail so no surprises. Dr Cathey is super friendly with her patients.
in Houston, TX |
Excellent care Excellent staff Very timely !!
in Lake Charles, LA |
Dr. Cathey has taken care of me for many years. She did my surgery 6 years ago. Since then, she has done surgery on 2 of my friends. She puts Botox in my mom's bladder every 6 months to keep her from leaking. We all think she is a great doctor. I know of several other women that see her too. They all feel the same.
in Beaumont, TX |
From the minute I step into her office, I knew I was going to be taken care of. The staff was so professional and nice. Dr. Cathey spent so much time with me and my husband. She listened to all of my complaint. She explained everything that was happening to me and how she was going to fix it. My surgery was a great success. I am very happy with my care.
Houston, TX |
I am a physician in Houston, Texas. Dr. Cathey is one of the best gynecological laparoscopic surgeons in the region. Therefore she cares for my family members that have gyn issues and I refer her all my patients with incontinence and prolapse. Everyone is very satisfied with her care and expertise.
Houston, TX |
My mother went to Dr. Cathey to discuss options for her prolapse. They decided upon laparoscopic surgery with mesh implant to fix the problem. A few days after the surgery my mom went home. A few days later we had to take her to the ER because she was extremely weak, in excruciating pain, and had a fever. It turned out that the mesh Cathey put in had caused an infection, and had to be surgically removed because the infection was life-threatening and antibiotic-resistant. My mother almost died
Dr. Cathey has provided the best care I have ever received from a physician. She is caring and highly skilled. The surgery she performed on me has truly changed my life. Her office staff is wonderful too. I recommend her to all of my friends and family.
in Houston, TX |
I had a great experience with Dr. Cathey. I suffered from stress urinary incontinence for years. It became worst when I started running. Started wearing liners and in my runs and eventually full pads. Dr. Cathey and her staff had a lot of patience answering my questions and concerns before and after the surgery. My calls were answered quickly. I did not need any pain meds and was able to resume running at 6 weeks. The surgery was a success and long gone are the pads.
in Spring, TX |
Stay away! Dr. Cathey lacks compassion. As a women when certain things are happening to your body, you trust the physician to make sound decisions for your medical well-being. I did and it cost me a lot! Even though I had ill feelings towards her bedside manner, I went ahead with the recommended surgery. A year later, still having the same issues &I was advised to have a complete hysterectomy which now I am being told wasn't medically needed. I was sacrificed for her financial gain.
League City, TX |
Dr. Ginger Cathey is by far the worst OB Doctor in Houston. Physicians take an oath not to harm. Dr. Cathey is about filling her bank account rather than helping patients who have issues. The office on Fannin is very dirty and has outdated equipment from the 90's. For an office to collect urine you would think it would be clean and wouldn't smell. It's terrible!!!!! She is very unprofessional, unethical, and cold.
Houston, TX |
This doctor named Dr. Ginger Cathey does not care. She is more about filling her bank account rather than helping patients. Her office is a mess and has outdated equipment from the 90's. They do not give you the right information nor call you back. They are rude and careless with patients. She answered her phone while doing a procedure but has signs everywhere stating no phones in use.
Houston, TX |
I did not have surgery, only a consultation. We got into a disagreement about a pelvic surgery and she said they would remove my uterus even though it was not diseased or a problem at at all. She said it was just a hard shriveled up organ and that I would not miss it at all. She may be a wonderful surgeon but I would not trust her after that statement. I told her it was part of my body and I would miss it. Her bedside manner was unacceptable to me so that was the end of that.
in Houston, TX |
I hated that Dr's visit. I came in with a very personal problem that was impacting my life and she came in with the "assistant", they looked at me, talked about me in third person and then she completely invalidated my concerns as if they were no big deal at all. My body was in such poor state, I later had to have a surgery done and this doctor talked to me like I didn't have any problems! I felt awful and humiliated leaving that place. I got the impression that she's not compassionate at all.
in Houston, TX |
I felt as though she wasn't really concerned with my IC. My IC is so bad that I was contemplating applying for disability, and she basically laughed it off, saying that nobody gets disability for that. I can't work because of the IC, so I don't know what else I am supposed to do. She also said to call any time if I had further questions, and when I did call, the nurse told me I would have to schedule an appointment to get my question answered. What the heck? I have to pay for a question!
in Houston tx |
She sent me to see a nutritionist who got me off foods that were upsetting my bladder. Her reference changed my life. So glad she knew someone who was alternatively minded who was able to help. Her main nurse was mean though.
Have you seen Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD?
Are you Dr. Cathey?