Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD

Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |

Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Cathey is affiliated with The Womans Hospital of Texas.

Women's Pelvic Health & Continence Center

7900 Fannin St Ste 4000

Houston, TX 77054

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Cathey

Dr. Cathey's Experience

Dr. Cathey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor University
  • Louisiana State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cathey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cathey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cathey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Cathey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cathey to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Cathey's Performance
League City, TX |
Dr. Ginger Cathey is by far the worst OB Doctor in Houston. Physicians take an oath not to harm. Dr. Cathey is about filling her bank account rather than helping patients who have issues. The office on Fannin is very dirty and has outdated equipment from the 90's. For an office to collect urine you would think it would be clean and wouldn't smell. It's terrible!!!!! She is very unprofessional, unethical, and cold.
Houston, TX |
This doctor named Dr. Ginger Cathey does not care. She is more about filling her bank account rather than helping patients. Her office is a mess and has outdated equipment from the 90's. They do not give you the right information nor call you back. They are rude and careless with patients. She answered her phone while doing a procedure but has signs everywhere stating no phones in use.
Tomball, TX |
She has a great bedside manner but I dislike the fact that an "assistant" comes in to watch you being examined. For anyone on a regular dr visit this is perfectly acceptable. On a gyno exam, you have the right to be in a more private setting so you can discuss personal issues in private. You should be able to either approve or disapprove of a young person in training being in the room. Put it on your pre-exam questionnaire so you don't have to make a scene. It's not the doctor's choice
Houston, TX |
I did not have surgery, only a consultation. We got into a disagreement about a pelvic surgery and she said they would remove my uterus even though it was not diseased or a problem at at all. She said it was just a hard shriveled up organ and that I would not miss it at all. She may be a wonderful surgeon but I would not trust her after that statement. I told her it was part of my body and I would miss it. Her bedside manner was unacceptable to me so that was the end of that.
in Houston, TX |
I hated that Dr's visit. I came in with a very personal problem that was impacting my life and she came in with the "assistant", they looked at me, talked about me in third person and then she completely invalidated my concerns as if they were no big deal at all. My body was in such poor state, I later had to have a surgery done and this doctor talked to me like I didn't have any problems! I felt awful and humiliated leaving that place. I got the impression that she's not compassionate at all.
in Houston, TX |
I felt as though she wasn't really concerned with my IC. My IC is so bad that I was contemplating applying for disability, and she basically laughed it off, saying that nobody gets disability for that. I can't work because of the IC, so I don't know what else I am supposed to do. She also said to call any time if I had further questions, and when I did call, the nurse told me I would have to schedule an appointment to get my question answered. What the heck? I have to pay for a question!
in Houston tx |
She sent me to see a nutritionist who got me off foods that were upsetting my bladder. Her reference changed my life. So glad she knew someone who was alternatively minded who was able to help. Her main nurse was mean though.
Have you seen Dr. Ginger Cathey, MD?
Are you Dr. Cathey?

Hospitals where Dr. Cathey has admitting privileges

The Womans Hospital of Texas
7600 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77054

More Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists like Dr. Cathey at Women's Pelvic Health & Continence Center

Dr. Peter Lotze, MD