Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM

Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM

Podiatry •  Female

Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM is a Podiatry Specialist in Hendersonville, TN. She is affiliated with medical facilities Tristar Hendersonville Medical Center and Tristar Skyline Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mendoza to book an appointment.

Mendoza Podiatry

New Patient?
Mendoza Podiatry353 New Shackle Island Rd Ste 120b Hendersonville, TN 37075

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Mendoza's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mendoza

3.6

Dr. Mendoza?
Please read - Zero Stars!! If you need surgery go to an orthopedic surgeon period. Dr. Mendoza performed what she indicated would be a simple bunion repair. 6 weeks in a cast to my knee, a boot for 2 weeks - still non weight bearing only to be told that the surgery had failed. Her tone appeared accusatory as she probed to find something that I did to cause the surgery to fail. My home looks like a medical supply office with crutches, shower chair, knee scooter, etc. This was infuriating based on the extreme measures I took to follow her directions. Once I stated I had done none of the many things she was asking Dr. Mendoza offered to correct the problem with a 2nd surgery. My husband and I decided it'd be best to get a second option. I saw an orthopedic surgeon who operated and repaired the problems caused by the initial surgery. Although I am non weight bearing (surgery only a couple weeks ago) I am going to therapy to gain the use of my foot again. Praise Jesus!
Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr. Mendoza performed a simple bunionectomy on my foot and really messed things up. 6 months after surgery my foot was still swollen and looked deformed. It looked as if my big toe had been removed and stuck on the side of my foot. There was a bone sticking out of the bottom of my foot (that was not there prior to surgery) and my big toe did not touch the floor which really effected my balance. The bone that stuck out made it extremely painful to walk barefooted and perform daily activities. She placed a plate on the top of my foot which was not the correct size. I went to two different surgeons for opinions and both agreed the size plate she placed in my foot was the size plate for a mans's foot. She offered to do another surgery, but I chose to go to an orthopedic surgeon. The new doctor was able to remove the plate she put in, correct all of her mistakes, and in 3 months time I was able to exercise and perform all activities I could do before Dr. Mendoza operated on me.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Stephanie Lynch – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr Mendoza performed extensive and invasive surgery to correct two bunions and four hammer toes. 1.5 years after the surgery my foot was still deformed and swollen and I just needed to have more procedures with an orthopedic surgeon to correct the issues left by Dr Mendoza’s surgery. Although Dr Mendoza is very nice, I think she was over her head with my complex surgery and should have never done the procedure. One of the bunions wasn’t even corrected and my big toe was completely crooked. My second toe was left so long that I stubbed it constantly and eventually broke it. After 1.5 years, the swelling never went down.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Linda Kerzel – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr. Mendoza has been so helpful with my diabetic foot issues and I highly recommended her. Very professional and very kind and caring
David in Goodlettsville , TN – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
I was absolutely please with the service and professionalism, knowledge and care and concern Dr. Mendoza displayed on my initial visit and follow-up visit. She was very personable and one-on-one. She did not rush. I was treated like I was her only patient.
Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr. Mendoza was the only Podiatrist to recommend surgery to maintain my mobility due to arthritis (i.e., a condition known as hallux limitus). My surgery was two weeks ago and I'm feeling great. I should be back to running 5Ks this spring. Her professionalism and inviting bedside manner eased my concerns. I high recommend Dr. Mendoza.
Lee Hord in Hendersonville – Feb 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr. Mendoza and her staff have always been professional kind and curteous! She has tsken great care of our mom!
Nov 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr. Mendoza and her entire staff are excellent. From the minute you walk in the door to the time you walk out you are treated with genuine care and respect. I had a very early appointment but I only waited a few minutes. Once I was in the room, I was quickly triaged and x-rayed and waited a very short time before Dr. Mendoza arrived. I wish I didn't have a foot problem, but since I do, I'll never use anybody else to care for my feet. She was busy but I never felt rushed. They are fabulous!!
Kim Uldrich in Hendersonville, TN – Jul 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Excellent bedside manner. Truly listens to concerns and works with you for a plan. Have recommended several her way.
Nashville,TN – May 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
I am a Registered Nurse with over 43 years experience. This is by far the worst experience I have received ever! I went to have a corn removed April 3rd. I called the office the next week to explain the corn was still there. The earliest they could re-schedule was April 27. When I arrived I was promptly asked for another co-pay. I explained that I did not believe I should be charged in as much as the first visit should have resolved the issue. The receptionist is extremely rude.
Apr 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
She's not only excellent in her profession but has a personality a patient needs when they go to a doctor and most patients need a little compassion along with the healing process at least that's how I feel dealing with a lot of doctors. So, keep up the great work Dr. Mendoza cause it's very much appreciated and your staff as well.
Maria in Gallatin, TN – Apr 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
I felt like the Doc was patient and spent a lot of time with me. She was very thorough. She suggested an MRI but i was reluctant so went for a 2nd opinion elsewhere. The 2nd opinion did not help my pain either so I took Dr. Mendoza's suggestion and got the MRI which showed a bone fracture! She fixed me right up!
Hendersonville, TN – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr. Mendoza treated me for acquired flat foot using a hyprocure sinus tarsi implant. I am currently 2 weeks post op. My foot and pain was fairly mild, the associated hip and back pain was severe and chronic. While I am still in a walking boot following the hyprocure surgery, I already feel the pain in my hip and back subsiding. Dr Mendoza has a wonderful manner and is very professional. She carefully explained the procedure and recovery. I'd recommed any of my family or friends to her team.
Rebecca in Sevierville, TN – Jan 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Had sore burning feet/toes. Could not stand to go anyplace if I had to walk or stand. Had no idea what was wrong. Got an X-ray and finally a reason for the pain! Pinched nerves. So I have been having those treated and my feet are feeling a lot better! Great service and Wonderful Lady. I would highly recommend you see a foot Dr and learn about proper shoes!
Sharon in Hendersonville, TN – Dec 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
I would recommend dr. Gina Mendoza for anyone she has the best bedside Manner and she definitely knows exactly what she's doing and is very good at what she does
Dana Wills in Hendersonville, TN – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
She was cheerful and friendly and very knowledgeable. My foot pain is gone after many other going to many other doctors and other treatments. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone.
Hendersonville, TN – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
Dr. Mendoza made me feel relaxed and comfortable. She really knew our problem and explained it very well. I would highly recommend this Podiatrist to anyone.
Hendersonville, TN – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?
While she smiled and was friendly, she did not take the time to explain the X-ray results. When I asked when surgery might be needed on my bunion, she said when the pain is worse. She recommended inserts. That was all. No follow-up appointment was recommended. A shot was administered without explanation of what results would be. I left wanting more answers and a doctor's perspective. Will be finding another opinion.
Patient in Hendersonville, TN – Feb 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Mendoza, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Mendoza?

Dr. Mendoza accepts

Dr. Mendoza accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
Tricare South
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Mendoza's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sever's Disease
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Warts

To provide the best customer service to my patients while resolving foot and ankle pathology as quickly as possible.

Dr. Mendoza is a board certified Podiatrist who is native to Hendersonville. Dr. Mendoza has been in practice for over 10 years with a love a treating patients and improving patient's quality of life.

• Podiatry