Dr. Gilbert Moran, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Dr. Gilbert Moran, MD
Dr. Gilbert Moran, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Clovis, CA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Moran is affiliated with Clovis Community Medical Center.

Dr. Moran's Care Philosophy

A Personal Note from Dr. Moran… My interest in medicine began while I was attending University of California, Davis. During my junior year of college, I volunteered to work in a student-run clinic that provides free primary health care services. I quickly realized that I enjoyed the medical setting and the opportunity to help people with healthcare issues. While attending the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, I discovered that Obstetrics/Gynecology was my favorite medical specialty. I began my Ob/Gyn residency at Kaiser Permanente's Sunset Hospital in Los Angeles, California, in 1987. The Sunset program is a large, well-rounded and excellent residency program. I was able, to acquire many valuable and precise surgical techniques that help me provide the best care for my patients. Ever since the day I left the Central Valley to attend college, medical school and the Ob/Gyn residency program, I knew someday I would return. I was born and raised in Hanford, and I enjoyed and looked forward to returning to this area. After completing my residency program, I joined The Permanente Medical Group and have been practicing in the Fresno area since 1991. In 2010 joined Dr. Illingworth and Dr. Harris in private practice at Clovis Community Medical Center. I have specialized in low and high risk obstetrical care, basic infertility, gynecology, uro-gynecology, minimally invasive surgeries, and FDA-approved Bioidentical Hormones. I have been happily married for 25 years. My wife and I have four wonderful children, ranging in age from 11 to 22 years old. All four children were delivered by my wife's favorite doctor—me! In my free time, I enjoy raising orchids, birds and Koi fish. I have a greenhouse with multiple varieties of beautiful orchids. My children help me water and care for the orchids, and to my wife's delight we always have fresh orchids blooming inside the house. Together my family and I built a Koi pond which we've filled with many different kinds of Koi. My son loves to feed the fish, and during feeding time, my family enjoys watching their animated eating habits. I love being a physician. I enjoy the challenges of resolving or improving my patients' medical condition. I believe the best quality of care is provided when I establish mutual trust with my patients. I sit down, listen carefully, and encourage my patients to tell me about their health concerns. Then, by using the most current Ob/Gyn technologies and techniques, I am able to diagnose and provide successful outcomes to their medical situation. I am confident that as my patient you will receive excellent care and will feel that all of your medical questions and health care needs have been addressed. Finally, I encourage you to give us your e-mail address so we can send you a login and password to visit my web site. You will be able to e-mail me your routine health questions and view most labs. Accreditations Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology Fellow of American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Moran's Experience

See how Dr. Moran's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Moran

Dr. Moran accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Moran is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Moran has admitting privileges.

Dr. Moran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moran to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Moran's Performance
    in Fresno, CA |
    Dr. Moran answered my questions and confirmed what I suspected all along. My issues were fibroids. My primary doctor kept telling me that wasn't my issue and kept telling me the problem was gastric. Dr. Moran goes over all of your test results and explains everything that other physicians frankly do not take the time to do. He also performed my surgery and explain the procedure and pistol experience. The pain pumps he recommend were great and I was without pain my entire 6 weeks of postop.
    in Fresno, CA |
    Dr. Moran made me feel very comfortable. I never felt rushed and he always took the time to answer any of my questions or concerns. He is a GREAT doctor! I Whenever I think back on my pregnancy journey, it always includes the great experience I had with Dr. Moran. As a first-time mom, I had lots of questions during my prenatal visits. He took the time to ensure I had all the information I wanted. Most important to me, I felt respected as a patient and individual.
    San Jose, CA |
    We love Dr.Moran. He saw me for everyone of my prenatals visits and was there for the last 3 hours of my delivery. He always called back when I had a question or concern and made me feel at ease. My husband and I enjoyed all our visits and multiple ultrasounds. Dr. Moran is the best!
    in Clovis, CA |
    Dr. Moran is an amazing doctor! He is very professional and took excellent care of me during my pregnancy.
    in Clovis, CA |
    I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Moran. He is kind, and made me feel so calm and comfortable throughout my entire pregnancy and did was no other Dr. would do during my delivery and saved me from having to have an emergency c-section. However, his office staff is the reason I only give 3 stars. One lady in the office is very impatient, unfriendly, and makes it difficult to be seen. She puts me on hold, but never picks the phone back up. Then when I call back she sends me to voicemail.
    Hayward, CA |
    I like the doctor but the front office staff is horrible especially one lady I can't remember her name. I walk into the office up to her window and she was reading something and continues to look down for another 2 minutes before even acknowledging that I was there. I know she knew I came in. Then she's just rude all together this last visit and every visit before that. When I call I'm put on hold for at least 10 min. I hang up at that point and call later only to be put on hold again. Every tim
    in Fresno |
    He is an amazing Doctor. I needed surgery and he took his time, explaining the procedure.. he is knowledgeable and competent. Can't say enough good things about this doctor.
    in Clovis ca |
    I always can count on Dr. Moran and his staff. I've been through ups and downs and Dr. Moran has been there leading me through with a smile. Anytime you need anything he will do it and will explain it all. Very reassuring
    in Fresno, CA |
    I like Dr. Moran. He is a nice man and I have trust in his medical expertise, however his office manager, which is also his wife is horrible. She will look you up and down. She never smiles, she is rude, and has no people skills what-so-ever! I wish Dr. Moran would leave her at home so his clients wouldn't feel so uncomfortable. I am seriously looking elsewhere for another doctor, just so I don't have to deal with his wife. My coworker left this practice for the same reason.
    Long wait time up to 2 hours to see the doctor. Very rude doctor and office staff. The office manager is always arguing with patients out in the open over how much money they mysteriously owe even after they have paid there co pays. Doctor complained to me about how much time I was taking up from him. I do not recommend this doctor due to these reasons.
    in Fresno, CA |
    Dr. Moran brought both of my Hyperemesis babies into the world! My first pregnancy was a bit scary and I thank God Dr. Moran was my doctor. I truly believe he saved our lives. He keeps up to date with the ever changing medical field and has many years of experiences. He is kind, caring, and gentle. He is professional, yet very down to Earth; never rushes conversation and addresses any concern I may have.
    in Clovis, CA |
    He is very kind, patient, good listener, and helped me with my medical issues and concerns. He is a very good Doctor
    Have you seen Dr. Gilbert Moran, MD?
    Are you Dr. Moran?

Dr. Moran's Care Philosophy

A Personal Note from Dr. Moran…

Ever since the day I left the Central Valley to attend college, medical school and the Ob/Gyn residency program, I knew someday I would return. I was born and raised in Hanford, and I enjoyed and looked forward to returning to this area. After completing my residency program, I joined The Permanente Medical Group and have been practicing in the Fresno area since 1991. In 2010 joined Dr. Illingworth and Dr. Harris in private practice at Clovis Community Medical Center. I have specialized in low and high risk obstetrical care, basic infertility, gynecology, uro-gynecology, minimally invasive surgeries, and FDA-approved Bioidentical Hormones.

Accreditations

Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Fellow of American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Moran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Moran has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Moran's Board Certifications

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
    • Endometriosis
    • Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Hemorrhoids
    • High Risk Pregnancy
    • Mastodynia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menopause
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Ovarian Cysts

Kaiser Sunset-La Med Ctr

Completed in 1991

University Of California At Davis / School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Moran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Cholesterol Screening
    • Colpopexy
    • Colporrhaphy
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Endocervical Curettage
    • Ovarian Ablation
    • Pregnancy Test
    • Pregnancy Ultrasound
    • Thyroid Screening
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Hysterectomy