Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 60

Dr. Lee

Changes Plastic Surgery & Spa

11515 El Camino Real San Diego, CA 92130

Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in San Diego, CA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of California, San Diego, School Of Medicine medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lee to book an appointment.

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lee with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health.

Make an appointment at Palomar Health today at (858) 480-6126.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Palomar Health.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lee

3.9

Dr. Lee?
I believe the other comments have to be placed by his staff. Had procedure done that did not turn out good and was not happy. There was no follow up appointment originally set up, so set one up a few weeks after procedure. Doctor took no responsibility and told me he saw nothing wrong. He took after photos that had been clearly airbrushed. He told me there was nothing he could do and it was all in my head. He actually told me that I probably needed a shrink. He had no sympathy. He is all about getting his money and even talked me into something that I really didn't even need and did not originally inquire about during consult. Had he admitted fault and told me he would fix or refer me to someone that could fix,, I would have more respect for him. Buyer beware. Doctor is very friendly at first, but if something goes wrong you are on your own.
Andi – Jun 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
Dr. Lee is an incredibly skilled plastic surgeon who is interested in giving his patients the best possible outcome. In addition to his skills and expertise, his bedside manner is awesome. Having had a revised augmentation with a lift, complications can happen. Dr. Lee was always there to answer concerns, questions or to just give reassurance that everything was going to be OK and it was. This was a journey, but I would do it all over again and choose Dr. Lee again without hesitation.
mk1 – Feb 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
Dr. Lee performed miracle facial reconstructive plastic surgery and I am so thankful to him for making me happy again?? You can see Dr. Lee has his heart and mind dedicated to having wonderful outcomes for his patients?? And of course his supporting staff of amazing women, who make you feel right at home just makes the experience 5+??
Kenneth Schauer in San Diego, CA – Nov 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
I couldn't be happier with my results with My Mommy Makeover. Dr. Lee truly has gifted hands. I had a full tummy tuck, with breast augmentation & Lipo to the flanks, & fat graphing to my Tear troughs. Made me look less tired & gave me 10years back! I can't wait for my results from other procedure to heal & will comment on it. All instructions were given thoroughly & I had no doubt and no fear because I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Lee is God send! Truly artistic & wonderful person!
Carmel Valley – Oct 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
This was my third visit to get juvederm in my lips with a specialist at Changes. After one syringe my lips were looking quite uneven, so I agreed to do a second to get them even. Within days it was so uneven, all the product was put in one side. After 4 weeks now they're still SO uneven. To my surprise, they're not willing to correct unless I buy a third syringe. I bought the second already to make them even, now I can't afford a 3rd. I'm embarrassed to smile and so disappointed.
Gbarman in Miami, FL – Dec 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
I really enjoyed my whole experience at Changes Plastic Surgery & Spa. The office staff and nurses are gregarious and very accommodating. Dr. Lee exudes professionalism and never seemed too busy to give me all the time I needed to ask questions. Dr. Lee truly loves his job and helping others. Thank you for your time, professionalism and incredible knowledge and talent. I feel very fortunate to have you as my Doctor!
Dwight G. Donatto in San Diego, CA – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
This review is long overdue, as I have been a patient of Dr. Lee's for many years. I had many plastic surgery opinions for the procedures I needed done, and, by far, I felt the most comfortable in Dr. Lee's hands. I could not be more than happy with my results. Everything looks amazing. I am proportioned, symmetrical, and my scars are barely visible. He is very knowledgeable has always been professional. He takes the time to listen and consider my thoughts, and gives his input and opinion.
IR in National City, CA – Nov 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
love Dr Lee. personable , caring, genuine. helpful and did amazing work ...........fillers and fullon face lift!.......... im seeing RN's in office regularly now to keep up my look!.......thanks!.
thomas birkenstock in San Diego, CA – Nov 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Changes Plastic Surgery and Spa for many reasons. First of all the staff was warm and inviting. I felt very comfortable and relaxed. Dr. Gilbert Lee was amazing. He answered my questions and recommended a procedure I am extremely happy with. Dr. Lee made me feel comfortable from the moment he introduced himself and I could tell immediately how intelligent he was. What an artist and unbelievable surgeon. I Would recommend him to everyone. Thanks Dr. Lee
Deb in San Diego, CA – Nov 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
I had a great experience at Changes Plastic Surgery and with Dr. Gilbert Lee. The staff was genuine and informative and I never felt like I was being Sold. Dr. Lee explained my treatment options including things I didn't even realize. He took a lot of time with me and listened. He made me feel unique and not like a number. You can't go wrong with Dr. Lee!
JD in San Diego – Nov 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
From consult to recovery, Dr Lee and his staff are professional, thorough, and always available. Their primary goal is addressing my needs and achieving my satisfaction. During my procedure, they showed continual concern for my comfort. Dr. Lee is a master at his craft. I was in gifted hands.
MV in San Diego, CA – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Lee for awhile and he is consistently not only caring, but is the most competent at what he does. He has done a tummy tuck, my eyes and is currently working on my face. I think so highly of him that I entrusted not only my close friends to him but my mother as well. He will make you look natural and NOT like you are permanently wind blown and phoney. He is just plain great at what he does. One of my friends comes all the way for Los Angeles to have him work on her.
Karen in La Jolla, CA – Oct 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gilbert Lee, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lee?

Combining art and the science of plastic surgery with the latest surgical techniques, equipment and advances in medicine to provide each patient a unique, personally-tailored and satisfying outcome.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

University Of California, San Diego, School Of Medicine
1982
University of California At Davis / School of Medicine

• Top Doctor in Plastic Surgery, 2007-2012
  • Teacher of the Year/Meritorious Service Award, UCSD Plastic Surgery, 1999-2000
  • Vitals Patients Choice Award - National Recognition Award based on patient reviews, 2008-2009
  • Presidential Who's Who Among Business and Professional Achievers, 2010
  • Readers Choice: Best Plastic Surgery Practice in San Diego; Voted Best by Rancho Santa Fe Review and affiliate newspapers, 2010-2012
  • Cityvoter A-List Top Five Medical Spa, 2012