Dr. Gila Leiter, MD

Dr. Gila Leiter, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Gila Leiter, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 31 years. She graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in 1983 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, prenatal care, and more.Read her story

1160 Park Ave

New York, NY 10128

• POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Leiter

See how frequently Dr. Leiter performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Leiter's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Leiter's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Leiter "I am fortunate to have a very active clinical practice, treating women of all ages through all stages of their life cycle, as well as serving in leadership roles at Mount Sinai Hospital and in the larger community. I am currently President of the Medical Board at Mount Sinai Hospital, as well Associate Clinical Professor at The Icahn School of Medicine, where I teach medical students and residents. I also have four energetic daughters, and enjoy cycling and running, doing triathlons and trail running when I can."

This content was provided by Dr. Leiter "I have been privileged to care for generations of women; delivering thousands of babies; treating women with sensitivity while being at the cutting edge of new developments in ob/gyn I treat women of all ages and backgrounds through their reproductive years and beyond,, and have expertise in complications of pregnancy, postpartum depression, hormonal imbalance,, and menopause and osteoporosis management. I believe in a holistic approach to women's health care,including lifestyle modifications."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Bone Density Scan
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Post Menopause Treatment
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Ultrasound, Pelvic
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Yeshiva University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Mount Sinai Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Mount Sinai Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Leiter has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Hebrew
  • Yiddish

Dr. Leiter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leiter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Leiter's Reviews

3.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leiter to family and friends

Dr. Leiter's Performance

Dr Leiter is surely recommended as a bright and thorough doctor. I had some great experiences visiting her. Yet some of my visits I came out feeling belittled and made fun of. Interesting to note that her reviews are outstanding. Makes me think that she has her picks and moods. I would not change...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Leiter is a great doctor who is very calming to patients, and her experience shows with every interaction. She is kind, considerate and will always go the extra mile for her patients. She helped me get birth control that made sense for me and is always ready to answer my questions.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Leiter is a great person, a great doctor, and most impressively, a great diagnostician. I came to her with a peculiar bubble in my groin area. Obviously, I was so upset. She calmed me; she examined me; she knew what it was (not gynecological, as it turned out) and referred me to the right...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Leiter has been my doctor for 10+ years. I never have to worry or feel the need to get a second opinion. It was such a comfort having her with me throughout my recent pregnancy. She answered all my questions and provided me with options but let me make my own decisions. When it came to the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0