Dr. Gil Epstein, MD

Dr. Gil Epstein, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

FORT LAUDERDALE EYE INSTITUTE 850 S Pine Island Rd Ste A-100, Plantation, FL 33324 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Epstein specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Plantation, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Epstein? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Epstein's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Epstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Epstein

Dr. Epstein accepts 7 insurance carriers

7 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Epstein has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Epstein

Dr. Epstein's Review Details
4.1 based on 38 responses
Experience with Dr. Epstein
Dr. Epstein's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (37)
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Epstein did an outstanding surgery on ptsosis of my right eye. I had no pain, the people at the surgery center were professional and helpful and I am so pleased with the result of the surgery. Dr. Epstein was skillful and I have complete confidence in him in all respects. I highly recommend him.
in Hollywood, FL |
He did my upper and lower lids. Result was dry eyes which I went to another surgeon to repair. My upper lids do not match either. I am going for a second surgery to repair those next month. His office seemed more concerned that I get the surgery done since it is not covered by insurance for the most part and is a personal payment. I believed he also owns or has a financial interest in the facility where he does his surgery. He has a nice demeanor but very unhappy with the results.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Epstein corrected ptosis in my eye last week and I am so pleased so far with the results. Swelling is minimal and I already notice such as improvement and I am looking forward to what the end result will be. I visited many surgeons to possibly use and I am so very happy that I chose Dr. Epstein. He is extremely knowledgable, sincere, honest and made me feel at ease during this process. I highly recommend him and his wonderful staff to anyone that needs an eye surgery.
in Weston, FL |
Very competent. Wonderful plastic surgeon.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Epstein has a medical assistant (I think her name is Rebecca) who is extremely rude and impatient. She has no human skills and needs more training. Her rudeness is incredible. Dr. Epstein was not there on my follow up appointment and I needed to see him so interested another doctor. He does not spend enough time with patients and is not very patient either. He is one more doctor who thinks that he is above the patient. Being a doctor is a sacred mission. Compassion is needed!
in Hollywood, FL |
Extremely kind, informative, tremendous attention to detail, which is crucial when choosing a surgeon. Also, honest! I felt I was in good hands with Dr. Epstein!
in Lauderhill, FL |
I am sure you have heard the expression, the proof is in the pudding. Well you would never have known that I had surgery.on a delicate part of my eye. He is a fantastic surgeon..I could not get over when I looked in the mirror and saw the results.. .My first meeting with Dr. Epstein, he did not rush me and sat and explained everything that was going to be done..And answered all of my questions. He put me totally at ease and would highly recommend him with total confidence. M. Keller
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gil Epstein is an amazing, terrific eye Doctor and I can highly highly recommend him for eye surgery. I had my eye lids done 10 days ago and I have No black and blue, and there was no pain, He has an outstanding bedside manner, and great support staff and best of all, no one can tell that I have had eye lid surgery
in Hollywood, FL |
Excellent. He explained things clearly, was thorough in examinations, phoned twice to keep me informed, good bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Epstein.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Epstein performed an eye lid lift on my upper lids. Before, my lids were saggy and tired looking. The surgery and follow-up went exactly as he had explained, and the results are GREAT. I look years younger and I keep getting compliments from friends; they can't figure out what is different.
in Coconut Creek, FL |
Dr. Epstein performed upper and lower eye lift surgery, and I couldn't be happier with the results. I would recommend Dr. Epstein and his team if you're considering the same type of surgery. The healing was quick and the outcome remarkable.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Very difficult to schedule an appointment within any reasonable amount of time. And when my surgery was decided upon it had to be booked several more months in advance so that the total time elapsed from initial visit to the date of the operation was about 4 months- way too long. In addition, the time waiting to see the doctor was several hours each time beyond the scheduled appointment time. One time I had to actually cancel the appointment after waiting several hours.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I had a 9:20 appointment. I left at 11:00 after being told there was another patient ahead of me. They told me the usual wait was 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Worse than ridiculous.
Have you seen Dr. Gil Epstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Gil Epstein, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Epstein

• Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Michael Reese

University Ill Eye Ear

Michael Reese Hospital and Med Center

Completed in 1980

Dr. Epstein has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Epstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Epstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Epstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Epstein

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Epstein's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Epstein

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients