Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Ghyasuddin Syed, MD
Dr. Ghyasuddin Syed, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Baytown, TX. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Syed is affiliated with Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, Bayshore Medical Center, Houston Methodist St. John Hospital, CHI St. Lukes Patient Medical Center and Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital.

2802 Garth Rd Ste 109

Baytown, TX 77521

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Community Care Network
  • Health Net
  • One Health
  • PHCS
  • PHP-Physicians Health Plan
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Prudential

Learn about Dr. Syed

we believe in Compassion, Comfort, Safety and Caring for all.

Dr. Syed's Experience

Dr. Syed's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

1 Board Action
  • Substandard Care (10/14/2016)
    Action Taken: Education
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Texas

• M D Anderson Cancer Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Fipp World Institute Of Pain
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Syed has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Syed has no media or publications listed.

• Urdu

Dr. Syed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Syed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Syed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Syed to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Syed's Performance
Kind and most humble doctor ever seen, I am under his care for 10 years
Houston, TX |
He has helped me go from barely being able to stand or walk to living life to the fullest. I was able to walk up stairs at a water park something I haven't done in 5 years.
in Baytown, TX |
Dr. Syed has been very helpful in controlling my pain. I am very pleased with him. I would recommend him to anyone.
Livingston, TX |
He was rude and dismissive. I will be filing complaints against him from every angle.
in Deer Park, TX |
Dr Syed is an awesome doctor! I have been going to him for 2 yrs. When I went for my 1st appt, he listened to my complaints & concerns, looked at X-rays & scans and we came up with a great treatment plan! We did have to do some tweaking here & there in the beginning, but got a great regimen!! He really cares about his patient's health & well being!!
Channelview, TX |
I have been seeing this Dr Syed for many yrs after four back operations and no relief. He has finally gotten me that relief with a combination of therapy and medication. If you really want help and relief he if the Doctor for you. I wanted off of the hard medicines and he saved my life.
in Baytown, TX |
Dr. Syed has helped me return to a normal life despite my chronic back pain. He takes a conservative approach to pain management, and listens to my feedback to dial in my medication effectively controlling my pain. If you are just seeking prescriptions to abuse or use illegal drugs, he will not help you; hence some of the negative reviews.
in Wallisville, TX |
My experience with Dr syed and his staff has been very pleasant in the 2 years I have been going to him. Very friendly staff and fast and effective treatment.
in Baytown, Texas |
DO NOT GO HERE. He called me an addict in front of an entire waiting room because I informed him I would be seeing a different Pain Management doctor that would discuss my treatment and not simply fill out whatever drug. The chronic pain I go through is bad enough without treatment like this from the one person you expect to understand your pain. See him if you have too while you wait for a PM that knows what he is doing and how to treat your specific pain problems. Worse human being I know.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Syed is a genuine professional who is truly concerned about helping his patients. If you're just looking for a pill doctor, it's NOT him. If you are truly having chronic pain and need help, I recommend him. Don't expect an instant fix... his aim is to better your life which often takes time and work on your part too. He WILL give you results if you are just honest and genuinely work with him to reach your goal.
Humble, TX |
I visited Dr Syed as a new patient recently relocated to Texas. My chronic pain condition is 6.5+ years old and is not common. In spite of having a new patient appointment, he did not seem interested in explaining the possible treatment he could provide for me. I couldn't understand him and when I tried to clarify what he was saying he was impatient and not interested. He spent less than ten minutes with me after I waited an hour to see him. The experience was a waste of time for me.
in austin 78701 |
i am dr syed patient for last few months, I found him very nice umble repectful his way of trating is very unique he listens very attentively, and avoid to prescribe too much pain medication I used to have 180 norco but dr syed brought me down to only 60 per month with help of injectuins yes my back pain is in control. thanks
in bayshore, TX |
i am the patient of dr syed for last few months i found this doctor humble nice and cool and gladly refer to my friends and relatives thank you dr Syed and staff
in Pasadena, TX |
Its very easy to get appointment and Dr Syed is very helpful.
in Houston, TX |
Doctor Syed is an excellent physician. He takes time to discus my medical issues and different types of treatments best suited for my needs. He always has a smile on his face and is eager to listen and help. After multiple knee, wrist and back surgeries I continue to see Doctor Syed for surgery recovery and injections. My family members and I also use Doctor Syed's 24 hour Emergency Clinic in Baytown.
in Deer Park, TX |
Dr. Syed has treated my condition for over 10 years. He has always been incredibly kind and compassionate. He is so intelligent, stays current on treatments and cares about helping to alleviate pain. He, his wife, and his staff have taken wonderful care of me. Dr. Syed is not only concerned with my pain, but how the pain affects my life and sleeping patterns. He truly listens to what I am going through. I have always felt important to him and never like a number. He is awesome!
in Pasadena, TX |
my friend recommended me to Dr G Syed for my cancer pain.I found Dr Syed very humble,polite concened he even talked to my family we all love him
in Baytown, TX |
if there was a minus star, i'd give it to this jerk. we're traveling and i have a prescription and medical records, with a history (ten years) of chronic spine issues and pain. after 3 hours finally saw him, he asked me same question 6 times and in the end would only prescribe tylenol 4 w/codeine, which i am HIGHLY allergic too, this proves he did not read my medical records. the guy didn't care about anything at all, he actually wanted me to undergo surgery! he was rude, uncaring & not listen
in Friendswood, TX |
Dr. Syed is one of the most caring, friendly and professional doctors I know. He has extensive knowledge and is up-to-date on the most effective treatments and medications. He is also very conservative and careful in prescribing certain pain medications. For my chronic back problem, he has prescribed a couple of non-steroid and non-opioid medications with great results. Finally, it is a pleasure dealing with his administrative staff.
in Houston, TX |
Doesn't care, worst doctor ever . won't help with your pain doesn't care
in hull |
Great Dr. Really cares about his patients. I highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Ghyasuddin Syed, MD?
Are you Dr. Syed?

Visit Dr. Syed

Dr. Syed accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross