Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Azizi

Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Wilmington, NC and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Universitaet Hamburg, Fachbereich Medizin in 1993 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Azizi accepts

Dr. Azizi accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina

4.3

Dr. Azizi?
Dr. Azizi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD
Dr. Azizi was very kind and compassionate. His team are excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi is not only brilliant, but also personable. He truly cares about his patients! He and Michelle are very kind and knowledgeable. This office offers ultrasound, lab work and biopsies in one convenient location. They participate in ongoing research and publications to offer the most successful treatment plans available. I highly recommend Dr. Azizi and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I love Dr Azizi. He has helped me with my thyroid issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
He is the most thorough, experienced physician I have been to in my 60 years. Over the past 6 years I have come to trust him totally.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr Azizi is professional, knowledgeable, and attentive to details. He listens and addresses all your concerns. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi is an amazing Provider! Very compassionate and knowledgeable. I always had a great visit with him and will continue seeking his care. Thank you Dr. Azizi and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Whenever I went for my appointment, the staff are always helpful. They explain and questions i may have about my insurance, procedures, etc. Dr. Azizi explained to me how important it is to keep my appointment and even congratulated me on my weight loss success that's helping improve my thyroid. I would recommend him to all my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I am so glad that Dr. Azizi was available to see me when I had an issue with thyroid nodules. He was very aggressive in his diagnosis as opposed to my previous endocrinologist. The final results were good, but he recommended a genetic testing on my tissue that reassured me that the nodules are non-cancerous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Azizi for 13 years now. When I first went to his office, he determined I had 3 nodules that looked abnormal. He put me on medication for 3 months & had me to return for another ultrasound. He biopsied them & 2 of them were cancerous. He set me up for surgery right away for a complete thyroidectomy. After surgery, he was able to get me on the correct dochage of medication. I see him every year for an ultrasound and am doing great. It’s always such a pleasure to visit
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr Azizi is a wonderful example of a doctor who takes his oath very seriously. He is professional, compassionate and in my observation cares for all people with the same level of proficiency. It would take an essay to share all of the fine qualities of Dr Azizi. The staff at Wilmington Endocrinology share the same level of professionalism, dedication and care that Dr. Azizi models. The office is very clean, warm and inviting and the staff make each person that enters feel welcome. Exceptional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr Azizi is great! After having thyroid cancer and having it removed, he has been to careful to do ultrasounds to be sure the cancer hadn’t spread. I drive 2 hours to see him and would drive twice that much gladly because he is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi is amazing! He takes the time to listen to you, he really cares for his patients. His staff is very friendly and when you have to have your blood drawn they have the best nurse, you don't feel a thing when he sticks you with the needle. Thank you Dr.Azizi and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I have never had such a pleasant appointment. From the time I walked in the door until the time I left, I saw a total of 6 people. Every single one of them were extremely courteous and helpful. I even called back the next day to tell the Office Manager about my experience and she was courteous as well. I don't recall ever seeing a doctor and the doctor telling me that it was nice to meet me when he walked out, but Dr. Azizi did. Great experience!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I would recommend Wilmington endocrinology they saw me when my health was at it's worst and took the time to explain to me what was going on and made recommendations for treatment that would best meet my needs. Dr. Azizi is very passionate about his work cand shows great compassion in treating his patients. He and his staff treat everyone with great care with concern for their well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Azizi for the past few years. I have referred several people to him. Dr. Azizi is very knowledgeable and caring. Love his entire staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
The best experience ever! Highly recommended! For years, I have been dismissed or assumed crazy by several dozen so-called specialists, which gave severe doctor-related anxiety. I was so nervous to meet Dr. Azizi that I was nearly in tears. I expected him to take some bloodwork, tell me everything was normal and send me on my way. Not at all! He actually listened, got to know me, told me that labs aren't everything, and performed the tests I need to finally confirm a diagnosis. He is the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I found him to be a one trick pony; not interested in further educating himself on hormonal and thyroid health and not helpful with the treatment of hashimotos. I am still baffled at an endocrinologist who does not address hormones. What? He will give you an ultrasound to prove you have thyroid issues and write you a script for a drug that is not helpful to most people who take it. He's a one size fits all MD who has found his niche in banking on the high diabetes population in the area. Pass.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr Azizi takes the time to get to know the whole story of his patients. He offers clear options and reasoning in understandable terms. He is confident in treatment approach and thorough in implementing care plan. The staff, including nurses, front admin, and lab techs, is amazingly efficient, friendly, and easy to work with. When you call, THEY ANSWER THE PHONE!Rarely, do I ever have to leave a message and when I have done so, THEY CALL BACK promptly always the same day. Always on time too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Friendly staff and excellent care. Questions were answered quickly and the portal made everything convenient and simple
Love this dr very much!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Azizi?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Azizi treats patients.