Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD

Dr. Azizi
Telehealth services available

Wilmington Endocrinology

1717 Shipyard Blvd Ste 220 Wilmington, NC 28403

Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Wilmington, NC and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Azizi has more experience with Thyroid Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Universitaet Hamburg, Fachbereich Medizin medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with New Hanover Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Azizi to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinologists in your area

See similar Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinologists in Wilmington

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Azizi accepts

Dr. Azizi accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Prime
Standard

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 84% more than their peers

• Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Azizi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Azizi

4.3

Dr. Azizi?
Dr. Azizi is one of a kind ,he has the kindest manner about him I have ever seen in a Doctor. He caught Thyroid cancer in both myself and my grand daughter in the same month. I am forever gratefull to him.
Linda Anthony – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I was having a problem with my parathyroid. I saw Dr. Azizi and he knew exactly what my problem was when he examined me after 5 years of misery. He sent me to UNC for surgery and I have never felt better. He is an awesome doctor and his staff is wonderful.
Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Will never recommend this doctor. Incredibly intelligent and also incredibly arrogant. Clearly making enough money to refuse patients. Just bear in mind that if you miss a total of 3 appointments whether you pay a fee or not, Dr. Azizi will REFUSE to see you. They will refuse to acknowledge a cancellation and mark it as a no-show. Even if you have an emergency and contact the office, it counts as a no-show and will add to your “no-shows”. Before becoming established for 10 years at this practice and becoming familiar and comfortable with this doctor, be sure and go ahead and know if you’re going to have an emergency and not be able to attend your appointment? With intelligence and accomplishment comes arrogance and insensitivity. Concerned with money, as if there is a lack of. Good luck.
Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I always recommend Dr. Azizi to everyone. He cares about his patients and very thorough. He explains everything clearly so you understand. His entire staff is outstanding. I have been a patient since 2006 and I drive 2 hrs to get to appointments, I will not go anywhere else!
Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi rocks! I have never experienced a doctor more on top on his practice than Dr. Azizi. Within a week and a half, new patient set up was complete, labs done, ultrasound, nuclear thyroid uptake test at the hospital, results, and Rx meds called in for treatment. I wish every experience at a doctor's office was this smooth. Amazing practice and staff! I could not be more pleased with them. This office goes above and beyond to deliver a Personal Patient Experience! Genuine staff, thorough, and responsive. This doctor runs a tight ship and I LOVE it!
Julie – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi was very kind and compassionate. His team are excellent.
NC – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi is not only brilliant, but also personable. He truly cares about his patients! He and Michelle are very kind and knowledgeable. This office offers ultrasound, lab work and biopsies in one convenient location. They participate in ongoing research and publications to offer the most successful treatment plans available. I highly recommend Dr. Azizi and his staff!
Lisa Schaefer in Wilmington , NC – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I love Dr Azizi. He has helped me with my thyroid issues.
Korina in Wilmington , NC – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
He is the most thorough, experienced physician I have been to in my 60 years. Over the past 6 years I have come to trust him totally.
General22 in Holly Ridge – Jun 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr Azizi is professional, knowledgeable, and attentive to details. He listens and addresses all your concerns. I highly recommend him.
Rufina in Camp Lejeune, NC – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi is an amazing Provider! Very compassionate and knowledgeable. I always had a great visit with him and will continue seeking his care. Thank you Dr. Azizi and staff!
Scott Reid in Camp Lejeune, NC – Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Whenever I went for my appointment, the staff are always helpful. They explain and questions i may have about my insurance, procedures, etc. Dr. Azizi explained to me how important it is to keep my appointment and even congratulated me on my weight loss success that's helping improve my thyroid. I would recommend him to all my family and friends.
tanisha in jacksonville, nc – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I am so glad that Dr. Azizi was available to see me when I had an issue with thyroid nodules. He was very aggressive in his diagnosis as opposed to my previous endocrinologist. The final results were good, but he recommended a genetic testing on my tissue that reassured me that the nodules are non-cancerous.
Leland, NC – Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Azizi for 13 years now. When I first went to his office, he determined I had 3 nodules that looked abnormal. He put me on medication for 3 months & had me to return for another ultrasound. He biopsied them & 2 of them were cancerous. He set me up for surgery right away for a complete thyroidectomy. After surgery, he was able to get me on the correct dochage of medication. I see him every year for an ultrasound and am doing great. It’s always such a pleasure to visit
Edna Ramsey in Richlands NC – Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr Azizi is a wonderful example of a doctor who takes his oath very seriously. He is professional, compassionate and in my observation cares for all people with the same level of proficiency. It would take an essay to share all of the fine qualities of Dr Azizi. The staff at Wilmington Endocrinology share the same level of professionalism, dedication and care that Dr. Azizi models. The office is very clean, warm and inviting and the staff make each person that enters feel welcome. Exceptional!
Paula Corbett in Wilmington – Mar 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr Azizi is great! After having thyroid cancer and having it removed, he has been to careful to do ultrasounds to be sure the cancer hadn’t spread. I drive 2 hours to see him and would drive twice that much gladly because he is the best!
Paula Unversaw in New Bern, NC – Jan 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
Dr. Azizi is amazing! He takes the time to listen to you, he really cares for his patients. His staff is very friendly and when you have to have your blood drawn they have the best nurse, you don't feel a thing when he sticks you with the needle. Thank you Dr.Azizi and staff!
Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I have never had such a pleasant appointment. From the time I walked in the door until the time I left, I saw a total of 6 people. Every single one of them were extremely courteous and helpful. I even called back the next day to tell the Office Manager about my experience and she was courteous as well. I don't recall ever seeing a doctor and the doctor telling me that it was nice to meet me when he walked out, but Dr. Azizi did. Great experience!!
Kelly Passmore in Kelly, NC – Aug 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I would recommend Wilmington endocrinology they saw me when my health was at it's worst and took the time to explain to me what was going on and made recommendations for treatment that would best meet my needs. Dr. Azizi is very passionate about his work cand shows great compassion in treating his patients. He and his staff treat everyone with great care with concern for their well being.
Gail in Wallburg, NC – Aug 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Azizi for the past few years. I have referred several people to him. Dr. Azizi is very knowledgeable and caring. Love his entire staff!
Kathy Keifer in Wilmington , NC – Jul 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ghobad Azizi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Azizi?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

University Ma Mem Hlthcare Mem Campus
University Of Ct School Of Med
1993
Universitaet Hamburg, Fachbereich Medizin

More Information

• Does Dr. Azizi communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Dr. Azizi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Azizi offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Azizi offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Azizi have free onsite parking?

Yes, 1 patient said they have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Azizi offer weekend visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer weekend visits

• Does Dr. Azizi offer evening visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer evening visits