Dr. Ghassan Boghosian, DO

Dr. Ghassan Boghosian, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ghassan Boghosian, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Rancho Mirage, CA. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Read his story

39000 Bob Hope Dr

Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Boghosian

See how frequently Dr. Boghosian performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Replacement
Hip Replacement
Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

Dr. Boghosian's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Boghosian's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Boghosian "Dr. Boghosian is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, specializing in adult primary and revision joint replacement of the hip and knee. He tailors individual treatment plans for all of his patients with the goal of restoring function and relieving pain as quickly and completely as possible to improve quality of life. Dr. Boghosian completed his fellowship training at the world renowned Cleveland Clinic, where he gained extensive experience in minimally invasive techniques to treat osteoarthritis of the hip and knee. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at South Point Hospital, also a Cleveland Clinic Hospital, where he served as the Chief Resident. Dr. Boghosian obtained his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and his bachelor's degree from San Diego State University. While at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation he trained in utilizing minimally invasive techniques in hip and knee replacements, such as direct anterior hip and sub-vastus approach to the knee. He became proficient at computer navigation to reconstruct joints, hip arthroscopy, and other joint preservation techniques. Most importantly, he gained valuable experience in managing revision cases for patients who have complicated failed hip and knee replacements. He continues to remain active in academia, local leadership and his community. Dr. Boghosian frequently holds lectures and seminars in an attempt to educate the community about arthritis and other related ailments. He also enjoys invitations to national orthopedic seminars where he lectures to fellow orthopedic surgeons about his specialty. He is a member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), American Osteopathic Academy Orthopedics (AOAO), American Academy of Orthopedic surgery (AAOS), and The American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS). Dr. Boghosian takes a very personal approach to treating his patients and strives to return patients to activities that are important to them."

This content was provided by Dr. Boghosian ""As a hip and knee replacement specialist, I am privileged to have the opportunity to restore people's function and alleviate their pain.""

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery*

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Orthopedic Disorders
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sacrum Disorders

• Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance

No malpractice history found for California.

• San Diego State University
  • Meridia South Pointe Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Boghosian has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Boghosian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boghosian to family and friends
Dr. Boghosian's Performance
La Quinta, CA |
Dr. Boghosian replaced my hip May 2017. The surgery was very successful. I had little pain, a rapid recovery and was able to return to all my activities within a month. In addition he is a very caring person, taking time to explain options and procedures and concerned for the health and comfort of his patients. His Physician Assistant, Lindsey Smith, is also very knowledgeable and compassionate. I highly recommend Dr. Boghosian, Lindsey Smith and their staff.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I heard many positive comments about Dr. Boghosian after being been referred to him for hip surgery and I unequivocally say he exceeded ALL expectations. Aside from his excellent reputation as the best ortho surgeon around, he's incredibly kind & caring - truly a Dr who is sincerely "interested" in his patients. I was up and walking without a walker or cane one week following my surgery! My age (62) and following PT instructions made a big difference but having Dr. B was most important of all
in Idyllwild, CA |
Dr. Boghosian performed hip replacement surgery on me in January, 2017. All aspects of the surgery were explained fully to me, and the procedure itself went well without complication. Dr. Boghosian is an extremely well-qualified, well-trained and empathetic orthopedic surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone needing hip or knee replacement surgery or treatment of arthritic pain.
in Palm Desert |
Dr. Boghosian and his whole staff are very professional and very nice! He will answer all your questions and does not talk down to you and is very concerned about your well being before and after the surgery. Very, very professional! I highly recommend him?
Rancho Mirage |
He is a great Ortho surgeon! He replaced both of my knees on the same day. He explained everything and the challenges I might have. I was up for a tough few weeks but it was painless! I walked out of the hospital the 2nd day after surgery and within a 10 days I noticed I forgot my walker on the other side of my home. I worked hard and followed his instructions and treated the therapy as the most important job I ever had. But his skills & knowledge made me wish I did it 3 years sooner!
in La Quinta ca |
He thoroughly explains why I needed surgery and the procedure I was going to have. He even gave me his cell phone number if I had any questions before and/or after my knee revision. He showed genuine care for me. The surgery went well and I am recommending him to friends!
in La Quinta, CA |
I first met Dr. Boghosian in 2011 and he made me feel welcomed from day 1. He has always been professional, accessible and friendly. he truly cares about his patients. he operated on my left knee once and right twice. After care was wonderful. He is always available for his patients.
in La Quinta, CA |
I had a hip replacement with Dr. Boghosian. He was unbelievably thorough and helpful. He called me from his mobile number the night prior to my surgery to check on me and see if I had any questions and said that if I did have any that came up to feel free to call him or text him. He was incredible throughout the surgery and then he even called again a few days after the surgery to see how I was feeling and reacting to the medication. Incredible bed-side manner and an all around nice doctor.
in Desert Hot Springs, CA |
Dr. Boghosian is a fine surgeon and a fine human being. Always compassionate, he explains the situation that you are seeing for with the utmost care. He answers all questions relating to your health care and will not leave your session until you are in complete understanding of all parameters. He is without doubt the only orthopedic surgeon I or my family will consult.
Have you seen Dr. Ghassan Boghosian, DO?
Are you Dr. Boghosian?

Visit Dr. Boghosian

Dr. Boghosian accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Boghosian has admitting privileges