Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Male
Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD
Dr. Gerti Tashko graduated from University of Maryland College Park and University of Maryland School of Medicine. He completed his internship, residency and endocrine research fellowship at Penn State Medical Center. Dr. Tashko is author and coauthor of several medical articles. Over the years, he has been involved in research projects conducted at National Institutes of Health, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, University of Maryland Baltimore, and Penn State Hershey Medical Center. Dr. Tashko is ABIM board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. As of 2016, he is also a certified clinical hypertension specialist, accredited by the American Society of Hypertension. Dr. Tashko's main clinical interest is METABOLIC SYNDROME and its related conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity, insulin resistance, thyroid dysfunction, polycystic ovarian syndrome, low testosterone, and hormonal imbalance. His goal as a physician is to apply evidence-based medicine tailored to patients' needs, by developing a strong partnership via trust, understanding, and education. His patients should expect a compassionate, thorough discussion on diagnosis, management, and treatment. In the spare time Dr. Tashko enjoys exercise, football, J.S.Bach music, history and keeping up with recent medical research and literature. He frequently posts new clinical findings online (GertiTashkoMD,com).

1201 Seven Locks Rd Ste 111

• Geisinger Health Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Tashko

My goal as a physician is to apply evidence-based medicine tailored to patients' needs; by developing a strong partnership via trust, understanding, and education. My patients should expect a compassionate, thorough discussion on diagnosis, management and treatment options.

Dr. Tashko's Experience

Dr. Tashko's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling
  • Insulin Pump Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Maryland, College Park.
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Clinical Hypertension Specialist (American Society Of Hypertension)
    Other Education | Completed 2016

Dr. Tashko has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tashko does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tashko and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tashko's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tashko to family and friends
Dr. Tashko's Performance
in Rockville, MD |
Dr Tashko is by far the best and most informed Endocrinologist in this area. Am so glad I brought my son to him after trying several other doctors without success. Through his keen and persistent effort, he was able to find out what the problem was and successfully handle it. He is dedicated, keen and able to specifically address each need with great concern. Thank you so much Dr Tashko we appreciate your help.
Germantown, MD |
My husband and I are both type 2 diabetics. We tried several endocrinologists in the past and finally found Dr. Tashko several years ago. With his guidance, my husband will shortly be discontinuing any diabetic medication. Dr, Tashko takes time to find out how we are doing and really listens to our comments and suggestions. The blood tests can be done at the lab below his office. It's all very convenient. I'm grateful we have a doctor we can rely on.
Rockville, MD |
Saw Dr.Tashko for uncontrolled diabetes and some other issues. Addressed all my concerns, started me on new medication and got my blood sugars on track. I've gone to him for the last 6 months and have been very pleased.
Waited 3 months for appointment for uncontrolled diabetes. Spent 5 minutes at most with him. He asked a few questions. Did not examine me at all, did not even take blood sugar reading. Ordered lab work, all but one test having been done in last 2 months and some as recently as the DAY BEFORE tho he would not even look at the documentation I brought with me. Flatly told me he was booked for next 2 to 3 months but I could see his nurse practitioner. HORRIBLE experience. Will never go back.
Silver Spring, MD |
Simply, Dr. Tashko saved my life. I had been to many Dr.'s about my thyroid and the last Dr. I saw had literally been poisoning me with high doses of medication. I came to Dr. Tashko and expected the usual but I was surprised. He is not a "regular Dr.". He took his time and explained to me the danger I was in with the current dose of medication. His empathy and professionalism I have not come across very often. I felt cared for not just by his warm manner but his expert medical knowledge.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Tashko takes the time, in my experience, to explain the lab results, compares the results with the last visit and in my view his approach to medicine is holistic. I will continue to see Dr. Tashko for my health concerns.
in Rockville, MD |
I was fortunate to be referred to Dr Tasko due to stubborn, difficult to resolve hypertension/low sodium issues, since Dr Tasko is a certified hypertension specialist as well as endocrinologist. Dr Tasko made adjustments to my blood pressure and rheumatoid arthritis medications which resulted in restoring my BP and sodium levels. He is quite personable, very knowledgeable and works with the patient as a partner in the effort to achieve good health. I am so grateful to him!
in Washington, DC |
Greetings Dr Tashko, the reason for my writing is to show you my appreciation for a medication you have prescribed to me; since I started the medication, my knees, my anemia, my thyroid, my energy, are all back to normal with in one month. I have had this calcium difficulty for the last 8 years for which I have seen 7 doctors that specialize in calcium issues but they could never resolve my problems. I have been going from medication to medication that was prescribed from all these different doc
in Poolesville, MD |
I became a patient of Dr. Gerti Tashko in June of 2015 with A1C at 12.5 after few Endocrinologist's treatments. Dr. Tasko's diligence, advice, and selection of insulin(s) & drugs started getting results in my A1C levels to 6.6 in May 2017. Amazing! I could do my knee replacements surgeries. His compassion, care and humanitarian attributes have made him an outstanding physician. I am obliged and privileged to be one of his patient. God bless his heart and the patients should take advantage.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Tashko is a very informed endocrinologist who has made it very easy for me to understand not only my type 2 diabetes but also the need for my parathyroid surgery. I have been his patient for almost 2 years. He is a warm, patient and kind man who makes my visits very comfortable. No question is too much for him and I never feel rushed. I happily recommend Dr. Tashko to anyone looking for a Endocrinologist.
in Rockville, Maryland |
The purpose of this letter is to formally and publicly commend Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD for the excellent service he provides to members my family. In my opinion, the level of service that Mr. Tashko extends to our family is "always" beyond our expectations. I have never before written a letter like this on an entirely unsolicited basis. However, in this case I am so impressed by the support and service provided by Dr. Tashko, that I felt compelled to go on record with my praise. He deserves it.
in Rockville, MD |
I've never had a endocrinologist before, and Dr. Tashko was recommended to me by my PCP. I was hesitant at first because I don't usually do male doctors! Dr. Tashko's easy bed-side manner and quick wit eased my fears and made me feel more comfortable with our first visit. He is thorough with his explanations and makes sure you understand by asking if YOU have questions. He also makes sure he looks at situations that you might not have thought of, to get in front of any problem!
in Hollidaysburg |
Dr. Tashko is knowledgeable, professional and thorough. I have consulted him for second opinions re: a variety of medical topics. He is a gem in his field and to the overall medical community. I have referred others from hours away to have the opportunity to work with him. I've been very happy with my decision to receive his guidance in my medical issues.
Rockville, MD |
I’ve been Dr. Tashko’s patient for about a year. I chose him in part because of the reviews I had read about him and I am very pleased with my decision. Perhaps because of those reviews the earliest available date for appointment was two months from the time I contacted his office but I thought it is probably worth the wait. I was referred to endocrinologist for potential hyperparathyroidism and the diagnosis was eventually confirmed after extensive tests and I’ve had a successful surgery to cor
in rockville, md |
Dr. Tashko is fantastic. He delivers everything you could possibly want in an endocrinologist. He explains everything clearly, he is open to questions, he is always looking on how to help one improve sugar levels and he is always on time. Out of all of the doctors I have seen over the years, Dr. Tashko is without a doubt the best.
Bethesda, MD |
I see Dr. Tashko for thyroid and testosterone issues. He has been very thoughtful and aggressive in improving my testosterone readings.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Gerti. Tashko, MD is a curtious knowledgeable physician. He listens to the patient's complaints, makes an appropriate diagnosis and explains the prognosiis, medications and plan of care in an easily understood manner. I would highly recommend him.
Gaithersburg, MD |
I enjoyed meeting Dr. Tashko during an appointment. I went to get a second professional opinion from him on a endocrinology-related issue I'm experiencing, and I'm glad I followed my instincts to reach out to him. He was friendly, patient and listened to all of my concerns. He answered my questions and provided me with patient education materials related to my medical condition that he printed himself. I definitely recommend his personalized health care approach and excellent services!
in Rockville, MD |
I've been a patient of Dr. Tashko since September 2015. He is AMAZING. He truly cares about his patients and is very dedicated to his profession. He always answers my questions and has never made me feel rushed or made me feel like my questions are unimportant. I truly am happy with the service he provides!
in Rockville, MD |
After 2 years of struggles and playing ping-pong between my general practitioner and my OB/GYN, I finally decided to go see Dr. Tashko. Best decision I made. He carefully listen to my problem and everything that was attempted already. He kept an open mind and he was able to resolve my issues where everyone else failed. I am very grateful to him and highly recommend him. I also like the office and the fact that they have a lab there.
in Rockville, MD |
As a nurse for 40 years, I can tell you from experience that I have had the pleasure, and displeasure of many doctors. In my later years, when I had to chose a doctor for myself, I decided that I would prefer a woman. Women are more empathetic and they LISTEN. Dr. Tashko proved me wrong. He listened, discussed possible reasons and even gave me a handout describing one of them. A possibility that should've been relayed to me by another of my doctors with no bedside manner what-so-ever!
in Kensington, MD |
Under Dr. Tashko, I was able to lose enough weight to stop using insulin! I am very happy to be working with him as he has been very effective in treating my condition. He has my complete endorsement!
Rockville, MD |
Professional. knowledgeable, good listening skills!
in Germantown, MD |
I have been having some medical condition that had gone undetected for many years and thanks to Dr. Tashko, I got the right diagnosis and treatment. He is very patient and passionate about what he does and thinks out of the box. Very glad to have him as my doctor.
in Rockville, MD |
Highly recommend Dr. Tashko! Professional, personable, patient, informative and has greatly improved my health. With his expertly chosen medications for my profile, my A1C went from 8.8 to 6.22. Further, he diagnosed and is treating severe osteoporosis (unnoticed or overlooked by others) and also the early stages of kidney disease. Thorough care and takes his time explaining things in layman's terms, checking to make certain he is understood. You will be confident under his care.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Tashko is one of my favorite physicians. He helped me regain my strength and my overall health has improved significantly. He’s warm, compassionate and a very good listener. I would highly recommend Dr. Tashko.
in Sharpsburg, MD |
Finding new health providers in a new state can be a challange. I went on line to do some research. I liked what I saw concerning Dr. Tashko and made an appointment. Dr. Tashko was able to access all of my surgery records for his review. Recommendations for changes were explained to me and Dr. Tashko answered all of my questions so that I fully understood my health situation. One year later, things are going very well. I feel fortunate to have Dr. Tashko as a partner in maintaining my health.
Rockville, MD |
He is amazing. He dwells deeper into your ailment to the point that he presents the most latest solution to help you get better. He takes his time explaining options. I went from my AC1 being 9 to 6.1 in less than a year. He really cares and is knowledgeable in the most recent medicines and course of action towards a better health for the patient. Also lost 30 pounds.
in Potomac, MD |
Dr. Tashko correctly identified the cause of, and successfully treated, my diagnosis of osteoporosis and osteopenia. I had previously taken other medications which had not been effective and am very appreciative of his care.
in Gaithersburg md |
Outstanding Dr. who not only knows what he is doing, but loves what he is doing. He is extremely friendly as well. I had other Diabetes doctors, but none nearly as good as him. He also takes his time with his patients- does not rush at all.
in Rockville, MD |
Having trouble with pulse variations, I was referred to Dr. Tashko because of an elevated thyroid value. Dr. Tashko scheduled a thyroid scan and uptake scan, both normal. My blood tests revealed that my TSH, Free T4, Iodine (measured by a 24 hr urine) were all outside the normal range. Dr. Tashko said it looked like by Tyhroid has had an explosive reaction to a virus and said he expected it to stabilize over time. Subsequent measurements over 2-3 month periods show that they all did.
in Potomac, MD |
I moved here from Los Angeles a few years ago and was concerned about finding new doctors. A friend recommended Dr. Tashko and I feel so grateful that my care is now in excellent hands. He is warm, caring, thorough, up-to-date and one of the best doctors I have had the privilege of knowing. His manner & time spent on my visits is exceptional. I just can't say enough good things about Dr. Tashko. His medical expertise is so welcome and he ALWAYS makes me feel better just by talking to him!!!!!
in Potomac, MD |
Dr. Tashko is the endocrinologist that I have searched for over the past two decades. He is empathic, thorough and knowledegable. His expertise enabled me to correct my thyroid problems immediately within 2 weeks. I highly recommend him to anyone.
in kENSINGTON, MD |
Dr. Tashko is rated excellent in all areas of his practice. The word excellent is overused in todays society hence it has lost its true meaning, except in Dr. Tashko's case - he is truly excellent in the true sense of the meaning of the word excellent. He has shown me excellence with his medical skills, his willingness to listen to me, his empathy, his honesty and encouragement. It is obvious he loves his work and helping others. He has done an excellent job of helping me control type 2 diabetes
in Silver Spring, MD |
Very knowledgeable and understanding. Searched for years for a doctor with education and empathy and have finally found both in Dr. Tashko. Protocols are tailored to my individual needs. Godsend!
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Tashko is a superior health care provider due to his excellent knowledge, care and concern for people. He take time to listen and answer my questions always helping me to understand what is going on in my body. Dr. Tashko is a rare find in the health care community and I am so glad that he is part of my health care team.
in Rockville MD |
Apart from medical expertise, I require two things from my doctors. Professionalism and courtesy. Dr. Tashko lacks both. I have neither the time nor inclination to indulge doctors who think that it's ok to keep patients waiting for over half hour without explanation or apology. I was so alienated by Dr. Tashko's arrogance and lack of manners that I aborted the appointment and walked out. I've since made an appointment with a different endocrinologist.
in Bowie, MD |
Dr. Tashko is a very caring and compassionate doctor. My mom is a very difficult patient to manage because she does not always follow doctors orders. She loved Dr. Tashko's approach because he spoke with her on a patient level and gave her all the time she needed to understand their plan. We live in PG county so it is a commute to see him, but he is well worth the trip. If you are looking for a good endocrine Doctor, he is definitely one of the best in our area.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Tashko has provided me with diligent care for the endocrine aspects of a complex multi-system condition that has been maddeningly difficult to treat. Through it all, he has always been a positive voice offering new alternatives when a previous treatment proved to be unsuccessful, or more often, incompatible with some other aspect of my disease or treatment
in Potomac, MD |
I have a bigger health concern context and am, frankly, kind of tired talking about it so I rigged up a short summary Medical Resume and just handed it to Dr. Tashko. He read it very carefully and answered my questions thoughtfully. I go to the doctor rather a lot, and he made this as efficient as I had hoped for while his demeanor and just the way he considered the information and questions I presented him with assured me that I was in the right place. Thank you!
in Rockville, MD |
Very patient and actually spends time educating the patient on thyroid conditions rather than speaking to me as if I am medically trained. GREAT educator.
in Hanover, PA |
This is one of the kindest, most considerate, doctor I have ever had. He listens, he explains, he is someone who makes you feel like you are safe and cared for as a patient. I never felt rushed nor ignored. This doctor has a way of taking your fears away and takes time to answer even the smallest of questions. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a great doctor.
in Rockville, MD |
Is scattered and not clear about his prognosis. The receptionists are outright rude. They called me to reschedule an appointment. Out of courtesy I stopped by to change my appointment. I told the receptionist that I was there for that reason. She just said ok, and went about for three minutes arranging paperclips, sorting papers, fiddled with things on the desk, printing things, and then said, there are people waiting before you, so sit down until its your turn. I just walked out.
Have you seen Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Are you Dr. Tashko?