Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male

Dr. Tashko

GT Health, LLC

15204 Omega Dr Ste 240 Rockville, MD 20850

Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Rockville, MD and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools in 2004 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism, nephrology & hypertension, and more.

Dr. Tashko accepts

Dr. Tashko accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
NGS CoreSource
Ohio State University Health Plan
NGS CoreSource
UPMC Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Tashko's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chronic Glomerulonephritis
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Graves' Disease
  • Growth Hormone Deficiency
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hashimoto's Disease
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypoparathyroidism
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Magnesium Metabolism Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroid Nodule
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

I am proud to be 1 of 3 physicians in the U.S. who is certified as a specialist in endocrinology/diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
This unique knowledge allows me to provide comprehensive and detailed care to endocrine patients, parti...

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Clinical Lipidology
  • Nephrology & Hypertension
  • Obesity Medicine

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

2016
Clinical Hypertension Specialist (American Society of Hypertension)
2011
2008
2006
2004
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools
2000
University of Maryland, College Park.
2016

0.5128205128205128%

Dr. Tashko?
Dr. Tashko's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD
I switched to Dr. Tashko after reading so many great reviews. I was diagnose T2D for 2 years and was put on different pills during that time. I felt "off" during that whole time and knew something was not right. I switch to Dr. Tashko and during my first visit he requested blood work and found out I'm actually T1D and needed to be put on insulin. Dr. Tashko listened to me and went the extra mile to do further testing. I recommend him to anyone and everyone who is dealing with diabetes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
He was the only doctor that find out whats wrong with me, and treated it, I'm so glad to find him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Dr. Tashko is the best and most knowledgeable endocrinologist I have met in decades. He is compassionate & caring in resolving patients' many issues with diabetes and associated problems. I cannot describe how many times he has inspired me to better care for myself and improve my diabetes management. He customizes his medical advice to cater to each individual patient's needs. I feel privileged to recommend him very highly to those seeking the finest endocrinologist in montgomery county, md. -DS
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
After having a total thyroidectomy, I was looking for a doctor who would listen and treat me as an individual. This is exactly what I found in Dr. Tashko. He identified the root cause of my symptoms and has helped me manage my condition well. He is forward thinking and a leader in the field of Endocrinology. Ensuring I, as a patient, am educated and well informed about total health. Feeling better than I have in years and having successful weight loss as well, I've received excellent care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
I have had severe endocrinological problems for quite a while and have seen many specialists before being referred to Dr. Tashko. I am beyond ecstatic to report that my experience with Dr. Tashko has been overwhelmingly superb! Not only he got all my ailments under control but I am on my way to full recovery, thanks to him. Dr. Gerti Tashko is an exceptional medical specialist who could uncannily sense your issues and zeros in on them. Then takes up a mission to fully cure you. Totally grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Wonderful doctor! He is thorough, thoughtful, and has been extremely helpful in helping to manage my diabetes
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
If you are suffering from thyroid or diabetes and is searching for a great Dr, then you MUST see Dr Tashko & his assistant Susan! All I can say is these two people are exceptional at what they do & their knowledge is beyond incredible. Dr Tashko saved my life & I trust him completey. l don't think there is anything more I can say to write a better review than that! Dr Tashko & his team will take best care of you & you will become healthier & happier! No need to search, just go see him ASAP!! :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
I like that Dr. Tashko keeps up on current literature and educates patients through his blog as well as in office visits. He is a good listener and takes the time you need for your questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Dr. Tashko is very knowledgeable, personal, and is always up to date on the newest research. He is always willing to listen and answer any question I may have.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
He is an excellent doctor. He takes time to answer your questions and he is very thorough. I am a nurse and would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Dr. TASHKO SAVED MY LIFE! I first met Dr. Tashko November 5, 2017. He spent over two hours listening to my history of childhood diabetes diagnosis, 65 years of treatment, and my desire to eliminate insulin dependence. He is the first physician to correctly diagnose that when I was taken off the streets of post WWII Germany-- malnourished, and injured, doctors administered insulin as an anabolic hormone not to treat diabetes. NO INSULIN FOR 2+ MONTHS, LOST 30#'S and feel great ORAL MEDS ONLY
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Dr Taksho is very knowledgeable. I will recommend Dr Tashko to my family and friends. In fact I already just did that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Dr. Tashko is not only knowledgable but also shares that knowledge with patient so that patient better understands and can better care for their condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Before I found Dr. Tashko my life was over. I was a shell of the person I used to be and my doctors weren’t looking for the cause. The told me I was depressed and having anxiety attacks. Dr. Tashko listened and asked the right questions, he took time and ran tests and analyzed the results against what I was telling him. He was willing to believe me and think outside the box while sticking to fundamentals and looking for the cause instead of simply treating the symptoms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Dr Tashko is by far the best and most informed Endocrinologist in this area. Am so glad I brought my son to him after trying several other doctors without success. Through his keen and persistent effort, he was able to find out what the problem was and successfully handle it. He is dedicated, keen and able to specifically address each need with great concern. Thank you so much Dr Tashko we appreciate your help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
My husband and I are both type 2 diabetics. We tried several endocrinologists in the past and finally found Dr. Tashko several years ago. With his guidance, my husband will shortly be discontinuing any diabetic medication. Dr, Tashko takes time to find out how we are doing and really listens to our comments and suggestions. The blood tests can be done at the lab below his office. It's all very convenient. I'm grateful we have a doctor we can rely on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Saw Dr.Tashko for uncontrolled diabetes and some other issues. Addressed all my concerns, started me on new medication and got my blood sugars on track. I've gone to him for the last 6 months and have been very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Waited 3 months for appointment for uncontrolled diabetes. Spent 5 minutes at most with him. He asked a few questions. Did not examine me at all, did not even take blood sugar reading. Ordered lab work, all but one test having been done in last 2 months and some as recently as the DAY BEFORE tho he would not even look at the documentation I brought with me. Flatly told me he was booked for next 2 to 3 months but I could see his nurse practitioner. HORRIBLE experience. Will never go back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Simply, Dr. Tashko saved my life. I had been to many Dr.'s about my thyroid and the last Dr. I saw had literally been poisoning me with high doses of medication. I came to Dr. Tashko and expected the usual but I was surprised. He is not a "regular Dr.". He took his time and explained to me the danger I was in with the current dose of medication. His empathy and professionalism I have not come across very often. I felt cared for not just by his warm manner but his expert medical knowledge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerti Tashko, MD?
Dr. Tashko takes the time, in my experience, to explain the lab results, compares the results with the last visit and in my view his approach to medicine is holistic. I will continue to see Dr. Tashko for my health concerns.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Tashko?

GT Health, LLC