Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Gerardo Zavala II, MD
Dr. Gerardo Zavala II, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Zavala II is affiliated with Foundation Surgical Hospital of San Antonio, Southwest General Hospital, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills, St. Lukes Baptist Hospital and Baptist Medical Center.

Neurosurgery & Spine Consultants

4611 Centerview

San Antonio, TX 78228

• Ambetter
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Pyramid Life

Learn about Dr. Zavala II

My philosophy with surgical intervention is to "proceed with caution". Surgery is an invasive endeavor, which should be addressed with mutual respect and partnership between surgeon and patient. Therefore, when considering surgical treatment, conservative measures should have been exhausted prior to serious surgical consideration.

Dr. Zavala II's Experience

Dr. Zavala II's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Peripheral Nerve Surgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

• Loyola University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Loyola University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Zavala II has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zavala II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zavala II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zavala II's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zavala II to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Zavala II's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Zavala, Is knowledgeable, compassionate and I will recommend him to any family or friend.
in San Antonio, TX |
Best surgery experience ever, always make me feel welcome and comfortable since Inwalk into the office by front desk staff. De. Zavala's assistant makes my visits very present with her great personality and great smile. Nurses very professional and billing department very understanding. I will recommend Dr. Zavala to everyone.
in san antonio |
My daughter and I have both seen dr. Zavala for over 1 to 2 years he is a great doctor he's very thorough very patient and never never rushes anyone to surgery always tries to pretend atives for as long as possible. His staff is very professional very private and very courteous. When you go into a doctor's office you're not truly scared just meet with him one time ask a question to check this review is experience and education and take it from there.
in San Antonio, TX |
I visited Dr. Zavala on July 6th 2017. Let me just say I am very very impressed...he made me feel totally comfortable and he has a bedside manner that is second to none. I left his office feeling totally confident in his diagnosis and treatment plan for the medical condition that I have and I would definitely recommend him to my family, friends and colleagues.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Zavala addressed my medical problem with ease and understanding giving me total confidence to finally have a doctor who will make me well again. After many years of dealing with this problem, and several doctors not able to help me, I totally feel I found the right person.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have only taken my daughter for 1 appointment with Dr. Zavala and we were very impressed. Dr. Zavala explained everything in great detail and made us feel very comfortable. Not once did I feel he was getting impatient with all my questions, and I asked a lot of them. He gave us his recommendation but did not pressure us into making an immediate decision on surgery. Although I trust him do the fusion on my daughter, I still want to get a couple of other opinions before making this big decision.
in San Antonio, TX |
My fusion with Dr. Zavala left me far worse off. I even woke up from surgery with a new injury that he refused to address. It was told to me in the hospital my injury was due to poor positioning during surgery. Run away from this doctor.
San Antonio, TX |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Zavala. He has done surgery on me twice for different problems and both were very successful. I have recommended four friends to him, one has had major neck surgery, one is scheduled for back surgery, and one is about to be scheduled for back surgery. The fourth is undergoing testing to determine what can be done for a back problem.. I highly recommend Dr. Zavala to anyone in need of neck or back treatments.
in Laredo, TX |
He was very informative about the exams that I needed. He also told me that they would be done on the same day of my appointment so that I wouldn't have to go back, since I live in Laredo.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Zavala, is a life saver. He saved my quality of life. He is very professional and has a great bedside manner. Dr Zavala has been an advocate for me in the healthcare system as well. At the office when I call I always receive a call back or speak to someone right away. Office wait times are short. the staff is friendly. The office is very clean and the seating is perfect for someone with spinal and back problems. no soft saggy chairs. The best Nuero I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had the best treatment from the start for my L4-S1 fusion. I never knew there was a great advancement in medicine, the medicine ball after surgery helped greatly with my pain. Coincidentally, prior to my surgery date, I met another patient who also had back surgery by Dr. Zavala. After speaking with her, it made me more confident to go forward with my procedure. Dr. Zavala has great positive energy and he genuinely cares about my health.
in San Antonio, TX |
Six years ago Dr. Zavala did my spinal surgery. I was having pain along my right leg and I now have been pain free for six years. Thank you Dr. Zavala for all your help with my spine. I feel good and it feels great. To live without pain. You are a blessing Dr. Zavala.
in Del Rio, Tx |
Where can I start. I was suffering from 10 level pains for almost 3 years before meeting Dr.Z after my initial appt.It was discovered over 90% spinal cored was consumed by bone growth from a previous surgery. Chances of walking after surgery were less than 95%. I'm happy to say my pain levels have dropped to 5-7. I got most of my feeling to my legs,am still able to walk with a cane. I still have some complications,but considering the diagnosis he did amazing work. He'll treat you like family!
Have you seen Dr. Gerardo Zavala II, MD?
Are you Dr. Zavala II?

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Pyramid Life