Dr. Gerardo Zavala II, MD

Dr. Gerardo Zavala II, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 42 years old

Learn about this Doctor

My philosophy with surgical intervention is to "proceed with caution". Surgery is an invasive endeavor, which should be addressed with mutual respect and partnership between surgeon and patient. Therefore, when considering surgical treatment, conservative measures should have been exhausted prior to serious surgical consideration.Read more

Dr. Zavala II's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Zavala II's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zavala II

Dr. Zavala II accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Zavala II has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Zavala II's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zavala II to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Zavala II
Dr. Zavala II's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (8)
in San Antonio, TX |
My fusion with Dr. Zavala left me far worse off. I even woke up from surgery with a new injury that he refused to address. It was told to me in the hospital my injury was due to poor positioning during surgery. Run away from this doctor.
San Antonio, TX |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Zavala. He has done surgery on me twice for different problems and both were very successful. I have recommended four friends to him, one has had major neck surgery, one is scheduled for back surgery, and one is about to be scheduled for back surgery. The fourth is undergoing testing to determine what can be done for a back problem.. I highly recommend Dr. Zavala to anyone in need of neck or back treatments.
in Laredo, TX |
He was very informative about the exams that I needed. He also told me that they would be done on the same day of my appointment so that I wouldn't have to go back, since I live in Laredo.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Zavala, is a life saver. He saved my quality of life. He is very professional and has a great bedside manner. Dr Zavala has been an advocate for me in the healthcare system as well. At the office when I call I always receive a call back or speak to someone right away. Office wait times are short. the staff is friendly. The office is very clean and the seating is perfect for someone with spinal and back problems. no soft saggy chairs. The best Nuero I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had the best treatment from the start for my L4-S1 fusion. I never knew there was a great advancement in medicine, the medicine ball after surgery helped greatly with my pain. Coincidentally, prior to my surgery date, I met another patient who also had back surgery by Dr. Zavala. After speaking with her, it made me more confident to go forward with my procedure. Dr. Zavala has great positive energy and he genuinely cares about my health.
in San Antonio, TX |
Six years ago Dr. Zavala did my spinal surgery. I was having pain along my right leg and I now have been pain free for six years. Thank you Dr. Zavala for all your help with my spine. I feel good and it feels great. To live without pain. You are a blessing Dr. Zavala.
in Del Rio, Tx |
Where can I start. I was suffering from 10 level pains for almost 3 years before meeting Dr.Z after my initial appt.It was discovered over 90% spinal cored was consumed by bone growth from a previous surgery. Chances of walking after surgery were less than 95%. I'm happy to say my pain levels have dropped to 5-7. I got most of my feeling to my legs,am still able to walk with a cane. I still have some complications,but considering the diagnosis he did amazing work. He'll treat you like family!
Have you seen Dr. Gerardo Zavala II, MD?
Are you Dr. Zavala II?

Compare Dr. Zavala II

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.