Dr. Gerardo Bustillo, MD

Dr. Gerardo Bustillo, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Male
Since completing specialty training in 1986, Dr. Bustillo has enjoyed a successful career in southern California as an obstetrician-gynecologist and recently joined MemorialCare Medical Group. After many rewarding years delivering babies, he decided to dedicate his practice to general gynecology, menopause care, and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. He has been performing minimally invasive procedures for over 25 years, and over the last few years has expanded his surgical expertise to include Da Vinci robotic options. Dr. Bustillo is one of the few gynecologists in California trained in the new single-site robotic platform, which allows for an entire surgical procedure, such as a hysterectomy, to be performed through one small incision in the navel. Dr. Bustillo completed undergraduate studies at Rice University in Houston, Texas, majoring in Biology and French; he graduated magna cum laude and was awarded membership into Phi Beta Kappa. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Cornell University Weill Medical College in New York City, and subsequently completed internship and residency training in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Dr. Bustillo is board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Of Cuban heritage, Dr. Bustillo is fluent in Spanish and also French. He has been married for over thirty years and has four wonderful children, including a set of triplets. In his free time, he enjoys traveling, staying fit, and spending time with his family.

18035 Brookhurst St Ste 2100

Fountain Valley, CA 92708

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Bustillo

See how frequently Dr. Bustillo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Mastodynia
high
Pap Smear
high
Pregnancy Test

Dr. Bustillo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bustillo "I take great pride and satisfaction in being a women's healthcare provider, and consider myself an advocate for women, children, and the family. My special areas of interest include minimally invasive surgery, including robotic procedures, menopause, bleeding disorders, pelvic pain, and abnormal PAP smears. I am a pro-life physician, married with four wonderful children"

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Infertility
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Sympathectomy
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Rice University Houston, Tx
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • Cornell University Medical College New York, Ny
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Harbor-Ucla Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Harbor-Ucla Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Bustillo has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Bustillo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bustillo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bustillo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bustillo to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Bustillo's Performance
in Buena Park, CA |
Dr. B. is an exceptional talented surgeon & the most caring, compassionate & understanding doctor ever. I can't even describe in words how amazing he is. I had Ovarian Cyst & Marsupialization. Both surgeries exceeded my expectation. I admitted I was more nervous with the second emergency surgery. Today is day 4 after surgery, I am not taking any pain killer nor in pain. Dr. B. really know how to operate & suture in a way that promote super fast healing. Thank you so very much, Dr. B. :)
Huntington Beach, CA |
I got talked into performing genetic testing from Dr. Bustillo and his staff, and now I'm fighting with my insurance about covering the $4,500 it cost to perform those tests. I was told by him and his staff that if my insurance had any issue in covering the test that I would get a call before the test was conducted to make sure that I wanted to go ahead with it anyway. I didn't receive that call. NO ONE in Bustillo's office will return my calls, and now I'm battling it out with the insurance.
Hello, this is Dr. Bustillo. I'm so sorry that you are having to battle your insurance company about the genetic testing. The company offering the test reassured us that that was not supposed to happen. Please leave a message with me at my new office (657)-241-9090 and I will do my best to remedy the situation. Please leave your name and birthdate, since I am not sure exactly who this is.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
I hate to say it, but although Dr. Bustillo seemed caring and a good listener, my experience with his staff is currently horrible. I switched to him on the recommendation of my neighbor. I went for my annual well woman visit, he ordered 18 tests! The lab wanted. $2100! I have called his office three times to find out which tests were run and what were the results. No one will call me back. I am having to deal with insurance now. The lab won't even tell me which tests were run and the results.
in Westminster, CA |
Dr. Bustillo is an amazing doctor. He has amazing bedside manor. He treats everyone with so much compassion. He is so easy to talk too and listens to your concerns. I know that he has my best interest in mind. He always responds to my emails in a timely manor. His expertise is unmatched in his speciality. I am so proud to say he is my doctor!! I had a hysterectomy using the Davinci single site procedure. It is the best thing I ever did. The recovery was amazing!
Have you seen Dr. Gerardo Bustillo, MD?

See our Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance

Visit Dr. Bustillo

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of California HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA