Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Gerard Girasole, MD
Dr. Gerard Girasole, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fairfield, CT. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Girasole is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital and St. Vincent's Medical Center.

1055 Post Rd

• Golden Rule
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • MedHealthInsurance

Learn about Dr. Girasole

See how frequently Dr. Girasole performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Herniated Disc
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Girasole's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Lemoyne College
  • Catholic Medical Center Brooklyn Queens
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Girasole has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Girasole does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Girasole and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Girasole's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Girasole to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Girasole's Performance
in Trumbull |
Did back surgery on spine Was very professional and prompt in services. . Follow up was quick and easy. Would definitely use him again..
Fairfield |
Dr. Girasole did my discectomy almost 12 years ago and I was pain free for 11 years. He was great then and when my primary care suggested now was the time to look at spinal fusion, I went back to Dr. Girasole. I am THRILLED that I did. He was kind and compassionate, took time with me, and his staff was wonderful. They all seemed to understand my pain level and were kind. 6 months post-op & I feel amazing - so he did great work too. I am so thankful to him. I will be skiing this winter :)
Dr Girasole and Dr Mintz performed C6-C7 cervical fusion on my spine (St Vincent's Hospital) on October 3 2016. Prior to surgery, I was in intolerable pain. After surgery, I was home that evening and back to work the following week. A year later, my follow-up visits are over and I'm left with a small scar and infinite gratitude towards everyone who put my life back together. Thank you Dr Girasole and Dr Mintz, and thank you to the excellent staff you've assembled.
Fairfield, CT |
Good surgeon, OSM could use some help with time management
Larchmont, NY |
Dr. Gerard J. GIRASOLE is a competent and wonderful surgeon doctor. I am six months out From a lumbar fusion due to a lower back spine. I feel great with virtually no pains. I feel confident With Dr. GIRASOLE being my Orthopedic doctor. I shall recommend him to friends.
in Stratford, CT |
Came recommended by friends, Explained everything very well, surgery went off without any problems. Within a very short time was pain free .and now 6 months later back doing everything without any pain.
A supurb and consummate surgeon. I had cervical surgery and it went perfectly. The follow up was great and his staff is very very nice. You will be in great hands with Dr. Girasole.
in bridgeport, ct |
Dr. Girasole gained my compliments as outstanding. I was seen by two orthopedic surgeons who both failed to relieve my back pain. I continued to search and found Dr. Girasole who quickly assessed my issue and recommended options. Lucky for me the path we took resolved my back pain. I strongly recommend Dr. Girasole. Additionally, he wrote "The 7 minute Back Pain Solution" which has become my excellent resource and guide to better understanding how to manage my Back. Thank you Dr. Girasole !!!
in Norwalk |
Dr. Girasole, is an excellent on his field of Orthopaedic Surgery. I put my health on his hands and he did his best for me pertating my poor back. He was very concerned of seing me to get better and as soon as possible. I could not walk, sit down. Know I am able to move free and I am extremely happy with my surgery. Thanks to Dr. Girasole.
West Haven, CT |
All I can say is this, if you want a friend, don't go to Dr. Girasole, if you want the best spine surgeon, do go to him. He's a bit gruff, but he cured me.
Trumbull |
Came highly recommended by friends in the health care field and did not disappoint. Excellent surgeon, excellent staff. He is the Dr. you want when you are having any spinal surgery. George W. RN.
in Trumbull, CT |
I am a 68 year old female who 6 months ago could not stand up straight or walk without the use of a walker. Dr. Girasole did a triple level fusion of my spine, L4,L5 and S1, on August 15th. I am back to walking normally, I suffer no pain and have resumed my life as normal.old grandson. If you met me today you would never know there was ever anything wrong with me. I look forward to golfing as soon as the weather improves. I consider Dr. Girasole a miracle worker with gifted hands!
in Monroe, CT |
I had a badly herniated disc (L5S1) and was in excruciating pain. Dr. Girasole evaluated my condition and took the necessary time to explain my situation and treatment options. Very straightforward approach. My pain level so bad that I couldn't walk, so surgery was my only viable option. Dr. Girasole performed the surgery and the outcome was excellent. Immediate pain relief and a short recovery. Dr. Girasole was an excellent choice. I would recommend him to anyone without reservation.
in Fairfield, CT |
He talks to you so you understand what is going on and his advise is what is best for you for today and the future. My surgery was a success, and I no longer have numbness going down my left leg and it no longer drags. Dr. Girasole and the entire OSM team really care about their patients
in Fairfield, CT |
First visit he was abrupt & dismissive. Said I needed surgery & quickly bolted out of the office. The 2nd visit he introduced himself as if he'd never seen me before. It was obvious at both appts he hadn't taken any time to review my MRI's until he walked in the room. Repeated I needed surgery & if I didn't want it then there was nothing else he could do for me. Well maybe offer some alternatives or at least be open to discuss them? Not a chance I'd let him anywhere near my back with a scalpel.
in Sandy Hook, CT |
I'd been seeing an Orthopedist in Bergen County NJ for 18 months prior to seeking a second opinion from Dr. Girasole. After reviewing my MRIs and treatment history, he said I was the ideal candidate for spinal fusion surgery. My surgery was performed on January 4, 2016, I was home on January 6 and back at work on January 20. He gave me my active lifestyle back! I am an avid cyclist and I completed a 115 ride on April 30. I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. G.
in Stratford, CT |
Dr. Girasole is a competent, caring health-care provider. Most have heard horror stories about back surgery, but my prognosis was excellent. My back is better than in the last twenty years. I am completely free of pain and discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Girasole and his staff.
in Trumbull, CT |
First the office and medical staff are wonderful, They are courteous and attentive. Dr. Girasole is one of the best. He takes his time, explains everything in language I understand. I am so happy with the way everything turned out. Thanks Doc!
in Milford, CT |
He was very professional. I had a severe condition that no other doctor help me to understand. I had surgery in Saint Vincent Medical Center in Bridgeport and it was a great success. I'm able to walk and have my normal life when I was 17 years old. He and his office coordinate my surgery with the right team of doctors including the neurosurgeon Dr. Mintz. I'm a living proof that a fusion surgery can be done and well.
in Ct |
Dr Girasole helped me get back into a more functional life. While other doctors failed to understand and address my problem. His staff was so professional and caring
bridgeport |
Dr never made eye contact with me. Kept cutting me off when I tried to explain my symptoms and history. Was cold and rushed. I felt like I was annoying him by being there. I would never let this man operate on me! Don't waste your time.
Dr. Girasole was arrogant and judgemental. Didnt listen to patient concerns. Questions regarding care seemed only to annoy him.
Have you seen Dr. Gerard Girasole, MD?
Are you Dr. Girasole?