Dr. Gerard Girasole, MD

Dr. Gerard Girasole, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Gerard Girasole, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fairfield, CT. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Girasole is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital and St. Vincent's Medical Center.

Dr. Girasole's Experience

See how Dr. Girasole's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Girasole

Dr. Girasole accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Girasole has admitting privileges.

Dr. Girasole's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Girasole to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Girasole's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Norwalk |
Dr. Girasole, is an excellent on his field of Orthopaedic Surgery. I put my health on his hands and he did his best for me pertating my poor back. He was very concerned of seing me to get better and as soon as possible. I could not walk, sit down. Know I am able to move free and I am extremely happy with my surgery. Thanks to Dr. Girasole.
West Haven, CT |
All I can say is this, if you want a friend, don't go to Dr. Girasole, if you want the best spine surgeon, do go to him. He's a bit gruff, but he cured me.
Trumbull |
Came highly recommended by friends in the health care field and did not disappoint. Excellent surgeon, excellent staff. He is the Dr. you want when you are having any spinal surgery. George W. RN.
in Trumbull, CT |
I am a 68 year old female who 6 months ago could not stand up straight or walk without the use of a walker. Dr. Girasole did a triple level fusion of my spine, L4,L5 and S1, on August 15th. I am back to walking normally, I suffer no pain and have resumed my life as normal.old grandson. If you met me today you would never know there was ever anything wrong with me. I look forward to golfing as soon as the weather improves. I consider Dr. Girasole a miracle worker with gifted hands!
in Monroe, CT |
I had a badly herniated disc (L5S1) and was in excruciating pain. Dr. Girasole evaluated my condition and took the necessary time to explain my situation and treatment options. Very straightforward approach. My pain level so bad that I couldn't walk, so surgery was my only viable option. Dr. Girasole performed the surgery and the outcome was excellent. Immediate pain relief and a short recovery. Dr. Girasole was an excellent choice. I would recommend him to anyone without reservation.
in Fairfield, CT |
He talks to you so you understand what is going on and his advise is what is best for you for today and the future. My surgery was a success, and I no longer have numbness going down my left leg and it no longer drags. Dr. Girasole and the entire OSM team really care about their patients
in Fairfield, CT |
First visit he was abrupt & dismissive. Said I needed surgery & quickly bolted out of the office. The 2nd visit he introduced himself as if he'd never seen me before. It was obvious at both appts he hadn't taken any time to review my MRI's until he walked in the room. Repeated I needed surgery & if I didn't want it then there was nothing else he could do for me. Well maybe offer some alternatives or at least be open to discuss them? Not a chance I'd let him anywhere near my back with a scalpel.
in Sandy Hook, CT |
I'd been seeing an Orthopedist in Bergen County NJ for 18 months prior to seeking a second opinion from Dr. Girasole. After reviewing my MRIs and treatment history, he said I was the ideal candidate for spinal fusion surgery. My surgery was performed on January 4, 2016, I was home on January 6 and back at work on January 20. He gave me my active lifestyle back! I am an avid cyclist and I completed a 115 ride on April 30. I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. G.
in Stratford, CT |
Dr. Girasole is a competent, caring health-care provider. Most have heard horror stories about back surgery, but my prognosis was excellent. My back is better than in the last twenty years. I am completely free of pain and discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Girasole and his staff.
in Trumbull, CT |
First the office and medical staff are wonderful, They are courteous and attentive. Dr. Girasole is one of the best. He takes his time, explains everything in language I understand. I am so happy with the way everything turned out. Thanks Doc!
in Milford, CT |
He was very professional. I had a severe condition that no other doctor help me to understand. I had surgery in Saint Vincent Medical Center in Bridgeport and it was a great success. I'm able to walk and have my normal life when I was 17 years old. He and his office coordinate my surgery with the right team of doctors including the neurosurgeon Dr. Mintz. I'm a living proof that a fusion surgery can be done and well.
in Ct |
Dr Girasole helped me get back into a more functional life. While other doctors failed to understand and address my problem. His staff was so professional and caring
bridgeport |
Dr never made eye contact with me. Kept cutting me off when I tried to explain my symptoms and history. Was cold and rushed. I felt like I was annoying him by being there. I would never let this man operate on me! Don't waste your time.
Dr. Girasole was arrogant and judgemental. Didnt listen to patient concerns. Questions regarding care seemed only to annoy him.
Have you seen Dr. Gerard Girasole, MD?
Are you Dr. Girasole?

Compare Dr. Girasole

Dr. Girasole's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Girasole has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Girasole's Board Certifications

Completed in 1996

Lemoyne College

Graduated in 1983

• Italian

Dr. Girasole does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Girasole and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion