Dr. Gerard Bazile, MD

Dr. Gerard Bazile, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Gerard Bazile, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Read his story

8525 Gibbs Dr Ste 210

San Diego, CA 92123

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Sharp Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Bazile

See how frequently Dr. Bazile performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes Type 1
Diabetes Type 2
high
Calcium Metabolism Disorders

Dr. Bazile's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bazile's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bazile "I did my first 2 years of Medicine at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Newark. My third year was completed at the National Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood (NHLBI), NIH. I completed my endocrine Fellowship at the National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive disease and Kidney. NIDDK. I remained in the US Public Health Service for 14 years as an active duty Commissioned Corp Officer. I had various leadership assignments in different federal agencies: Indian Health Service, CDC/ATSDR, Immigration Health Service/Dept. of Homeland Security. I have been in private practice for 11 years. I am board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and also in Obesity Medicine. I am a Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology. I am a member of the following societies: Endocrine Society, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, American Thyroid Association, Obesity Medicine Association, Military Officers Association. I transferred to the US Air Force Reserve 10 years. I am a full Colonel and a Senior Flight Surgeon attached to a ground/flying unit at a nearby base. As part of the medical readiness team, I provide clinical support to a 4000 member Air Wing. As the Chair of the Occupational and Environmental Health Working Group, I oversee the overall safety of our base."

This content was provided by Dr. Bazile "Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism is one of the least understood sub-specialties of medicine. Most of the patients referred by their primary care doctors have never heard of it. The internet is usually their main source of information. Unfortunately, it does not have the most updated information. Some patients already diagnosed their diseases after reading some paragraphs in WebMD or someone's blog. Almost all the US endocrinologists are confronting that dilemma. Our job is to deliver the best endocrine care, based upon the latest clinical studies and recommendations and not hearsay. I would advise anyone seeking endocrine care to avail themselves of the input of their primary care physician and the reputable endocrine websites, such as, the Endocrine Society, American Assoc. of Clinical Endocrinologists, American Thyroid Assoc., American Diabetes Assoc., Mayo and Cleveland Clinics, the National Institutes of Health. I make sure the patient understands the diagnosis/treatment."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for California.

• State University Of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Newark
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Natl Inst Diab Digestive Kidney Nih
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Bazile has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Bazile does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bazile and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bazile's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bazile to family and friends
2.4
based on 11 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Bazile Says:

As a board certified endocrinologist with 29 years of experience, my responsibility is to provide the best endocrine care, based upon the current clinical studies and recommendations. Unfortunately, like most US trained endocrinologists, I am confronting the dilemma of the internet. Most of the patients get their information from the latter and the majority of the time, it's very inaccurate. I would...

Dr. Bazile's Performance
San Diego, CA |
Never see this Doctor, he is rude, obnoxious and cocky, I asked him a simple question about my condition so I can understand and he got mad and told me to leave, that I did not needed to be there, that I can chose another doctor. He made me cry so much, he said, you are here but you don't have to, I told him, I am here because I was refer to you, you are suppose to take care of me and be humble to answer my questions, you do not need to be rude and kick me out just for that.
Based upon you scoring, you are obviously angry about something. As a board certified endocrinologist with 29 years of experience, bedside manner would not be one of my deficiencies. If I did ask you to leave the office, it's probably because you were being very disruptive to the office environment. Because of the challenge of the specialty itself, I try to spent as much time explaining the details and making sure that the patient gets a firm understanding of their disease and the treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Gerard Bazile, MD?

Visit Dr. Bazile