Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Rodts Jr

Emory Orthopaedic and Spine

59 Executive Park South NE Ste 3000 Atlanta, GA 30329

Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons in 1987 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Rodts Jr accepts

Dr. Rodts Jr accepts the following insurance:

Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Rodts Jr' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rodts Jr' Top Procedures and Conditions

Spinal Fusion

Dr. Rodts Jr performs Spinal Fusion more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Rodts Jr performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Rodts Jr performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Rodts Jr performs this procedure more than 96% of his peers

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Dr. Rodts Jr?
Dr. Rodts Jr' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I am very pleased with Dr. Rodts and thus far the results of my Spine surgery!! He has very "GOOD" Bedside manners and is professional yet Human in his explanation of conditions and corrections of said conditions!! Needless to say, I think of Dr. Rodts as an asset to Emory Hospital as well as the Southeast region as a whole!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Dr. Rodts is my hero! After three FAILED lumbar spine surgeries elsewhere, he was able to correct the problems, and gave me my mobility back. I spent over a year wearing a back brace as part of my daily attire. After the surgery by Dr. Rodts, I wasn’t required to wear a back brace at all! I still have a little numbness, sometimes a little back muscle fatigue, but the pain is almost completely gone. He is also very caring and easy to talk to. He listens and explains everything very carefully.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Outstanding care and concern with a wonderful personality and level of empathy. Well organized.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
I was fortunate to find Dr Rodts 10 years ago when he fixed a herniated disc. When I had a much less obvious problem and spent nearly 2 years going from specialist to specialist and no one could figure out the source of the problem, Dr Rodts knew what it was right away. He fixed it and I am doing great. He’s not just an incredible doctor, he’s also a great guy and nice to look at, too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Dr Rodts and his staff have been exceptional in all areas of my pre and post surgery care, and is a great communicator. Two other neurosurgeons declined my case because of the extent of lumbar damage. Dr Rodts did not hesitate to help me and at this point I couldn’t be more pleased with the results and the positive impact on my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
could not have been better at all levels
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
I was very nervous about the condition of my neck that was explained to me by the referring doctor He assured me Dr Rodts was an excellent surgeon As soon as I met Dr Rodts he put me at ease by explaining the procedure and that he had done this surgery many times I feel blessed to have found Dr Rodts
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
We cannot thank Dr. Roots enough! His surgical expertise combined with excellent follow-up care have led to a complete recovery in record time. His staff are most courteous and professional as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
If you are considering back surgery, there is only one doctor in Atlanta to consider -- Dr. Rodts. He has performed 3 successful back surgeries on my wife. This was my first significant surgery. I am amazed at how little pain I experienced in my time in the hospital and the weeks of recovery following my surgery. I have been going through a rigorous physical therapy program and am returning to all of my favorite physical activities without pain. The entire Emory Spine team has been great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Impressed with Dr. Rodts and his ability to identify your problem and solution. While it is too early to judge outcome (around three weeks) I am generally pleased with the progress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
I'd give Dr. Rodts more than five stars if I could. He was highly recommended to me be a co-worker. I researched my condition and surgical options, learned how to pronounce "spondylolisthesis," :-) and underwent laminectomy and fusion. I have no regrets. Dr. Rodts and his nurse, Mr. Edmunds, answered all of my questions and allayed my concerns. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Months of personal research continued to highlight Dr Rodts expertise and passion for surgical improvements. I am extremely fortunate that I was introduced and after 10 years, we both agreed surgery was the right option. It is still early in my recovery, but I am very confident in our success. He is unique, as he is gifted surgically, displays tremendous confidence and does not rush patient conversations. He is ELITE in his field and I am thankful for his attributes and special character.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
The care I received from Dr. Rodts and his team at Emory Midtown during my back surgery and recovery was outstanding. It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I am able to perform most household tasks and I no longer need pain medication. Every question I asked since my surgery was answered promptly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Not sure why i'v waited so long to review Dr. Rodt's but 6 years ago to this day he performed life saving surgery on my spinal cord removing a large tumor from my spinal canal. I was scared to death until I met him. He is amazing and so genuine in how he cares for his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Great experience all around. I saw Dr. Rodts for a herniated disc. He was exceptional throughout the process from consultation to surgery and post op. The surgery went exactly as planned with no complications. I would highly recommend Dr. Rodts as he is an experienced, knowledgeable doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Dr. Rodts is without a doubt is an extremely intelligent spine surgeon. His surgical procedures are always done carefully. Dr. Rodts discusses all aspects of an operation that he will perform so that as a patient you feel completely relaxed prior to surgery by his explanations of exactly what will take place. He always speaks to the patient in the patients level so there are no misunderstandings which will put you in a very comfortable state of mind with Dr. Rodts expertise as a spine surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
Dr. Gerald Rodts, Jr, MD is the very best Neurosurgeon in the entire Southeast. He has operated on my back twice, L4-5 and recently L3-4. My husband worked for Medtronic and Dr. Rodts was doing a research project for Medtronic. At one of Medtronic's conventions, my husband ask the whole group who hey would recommend to do back surgery on his wife (me) and they all stated without hesitation, Dr. Gerald Rodts at Emory in Atlanta, he is the best. And, his bedside manner cannot be beat!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
I have already referred several patients to Dr. Rodts, one of them had surgery and is grateful to be walking without pain again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
This is my 2nd surgery with Dr. Rodts. The results were excellent in 2011 and the early results today (6-7-17) for the 2nd surgery are excellent. He's extremely busy so getting appointments can be challenging; but he's well worth the wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Rodts Jr, MD?
There are people you meet that you feel as if you have known them all your life. You feel instant confidence in what he tells you,and his own confidence in his field. I know there are a lot of Doctors out there but I am honored to have met Dr Rodts.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Rodts Jr?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rodts Jr treats patients.