Dr. Gerald Peters, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 60

Dr. Gerald Peters, MD is a Dermatologist in Bend, OR and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Peters has more experience with Mohs Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine medical school in 1988. He is affiliated with St. Charles Bend. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Peters to book an appointment.

Peters Dermatology Center

2041 Ne Williamson Ct Ste B Bend, OR 97701

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Dermatologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Frequently Treated by Dr. Peters

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Peters treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Peters treats other conditions, please contact the office at (541) 323-7546.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Peters is experienced in the area of Mohs Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery

Dr. Peters' conditions and procedures:

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Melanoma Screening
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Ringworm
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Peters accepts

Dr. Peters accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Peters' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Peters

3.9

Dr. Peters

My experience with Peters Dermatology is always exceptional. The Physician Assistants, Medical Assistants , Receptionists and of course Dr. Peters are all fabulous. This is not just a Dermatology medical clinic providing excellent care to their patients but this is a family and what a blessing to know I am not just getting the best care I possibly could for my skin which is the largest organ of the body but I too feel like I am part of their family. I have never felt that I was not having my every dermatological need addressed or questions answered or options explained in detail. All the providers are incredible professionals and well trained. Peters Dermatology is not just the best Dermatology/ Mohs micrographic surgery Clinic in Bend, Oregon but I believe in the Northwest.
Judith – Sep 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Peters, MD?
I was diagnosed with a basal carcinoma on my nose by one of Dr. Peters Physician Assistants who was amazingly thorough and provided answers to all my questions. It was explained to me that because of the location and size of my cancer my best option in order to spare tissue was Mohs micrographic surgery . I had the surgery and was given options of closure with a plastic surgeon. I chose to stick with Dr. Peters and because I had depth to the cancer I had a hole that filled in and Dr. Peters did a derm abrasion on the area to even everything out. I am so please with the my results. My wound took time to heal but I do realize my time in the sun for years on end was the cause and if it took time to get a cancer then I knew it would take time to heal as well. Dr. Peters and his entire staff are utterly amazing and I am so grateful that they are who take care of my skin!!!!!
Jackie – Aug 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Peters, MD?
I would not recommend, A PA took care of me. I never saw or met Dr. Peters. There were a few other trainees (?) through out my visit and procedure. I was diagnosed, a procedure followed, the end. 2nd opinion Then I saw Dr Jenson who was outstanding. He took time and answered my questions. Dr Jensen gave me options. He was genuine. I received samples from his PA David who gave me notes afterwards of recommended pruducts that may improve and keep my skin safe.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't explain conditions well
B. Elson – Apr 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Peters, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Peters for a Mohs procedure. I cannot say enough about Dr. Peters and his staff!! I was treated warmly & professionally. Although there were other patients 'in line' for their procedures, Dr. Peters took a considerable amount of time to explain the procedure, what he would be doing, what to expect afterwards, etc. His confidence is paramount and assuring. No pain, no swelling = awesome in my book! I would highly recommend Dr. Peters for any future dermatology needs.
Brenda F in Bend, OR – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Peters, MD?
Dr Peters explains everything, which I really appreciate. He makes sure you feel real comfortable. He's honest even though you may not like what he's telling you. I have no complaints at all. I would highly recommend Dr Peters, he's a great doctor.
Cheryle in Bend, OR – Mar 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Peters, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Peters?
Provider explaining information to patient