Dr. Gerald Levy, MD

Dr. Gerald Levy, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Gerald Levy, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 57 years old.

Texas Heart and Vascular

4316 James Casey St

Austin, TX 78745

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Superior HealthPlan

Learn about Dr. Levy

See how frequently Dr. Levy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thrombosis
Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
Vascular Disease

Dr. Levy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Levy "Dr. Levy specializes in general and interventional cardiology, including cardiac catheterization, coronary stenting, vascular angiography and intervention and pacemaker implantation. He has a special interest in the treatment of patients with congestive heart failure and lipid disorders, as well as in the treatment of cardiovascular disease in the master athlete. He is fluent in English and Spanish."

• Cardiology

• Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects

• Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor University
  • Baylor University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Levy has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Levy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Levy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's South Austin Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Outstanding Patient Experience Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Levy is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Levy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Levy to family and friends
Dr. Levy's Performance
in Austin, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Levy since March of 2006. He took care of my mom and dad and they recommended Dr. Levy to me. I recommended Dr. Levy to my wife (among others) and she is a current patient. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a really good cardiologist. He is an excellent physician.
in Kingsland, TX |
Dr. Levy has been a positive experience in the business of medicine for me the patient and for my spouse who takes care of us (she and me). We are pleased with Dr. Levy's pleasant demeanor and concerns. He listens attentively to our concerns and his easy to understand diagnosis and suggestions are deeply appreciated. He is Always a gentleman and continues to listen and advise. He can be funny too. His staff is always pleasant and attentive. Great experience in every way. See you there?
in Buda, TX |
Dr. Levy is a problem solver. He listens to his patients concerns and then tries to help them. He is compassionate and follows up to make sure you are doing better.
in Buchanan Dam, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Levy for about 8 years. I originally was referred to him by my primary physician due to an abnormal EKG. Dr. Levy did another EKG and said I needed a heart cath to see what was going on. We did that and he showed me why my EKG was not normal. I did not need surgery, just annual checkups. He told me it was just the way I was. Dr. Levy is likeable, has a good sense of humor, listens well, and answers questions clearly.
in Burnet, TX |
Dr. Levy has a very devoted following in the Burnet, TX area; we have many friends who are his patients, and they all say good things about him. I first saw him in about 2009, after we moved here from Austin. I did not think I had any heart issues, but felt I should be thoroughly checked over at my age (late 60's). He put me through the paces, and did not find any problems, other than existing HBP and elevated cholesterol. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Levy is very thorough, professional and efficient while addressing heart issues and proactive health action. Office staff is eager to accommodate scheduling for stress tests and blood work. Dr Levy addresses heart any issues outside his specialization by referring his patients to highly rated heart specialists.
in Schulenburg, TX |
When you are at death's door with a faulty heart, with precious seconds remaining before it's too late to be saved, you should be so lucky and so blessed, to have Dr. Gerald Levy on your case. That was my dire condition last year, as I was rushed into South Austin Medical Center's catheterization lab at 4am Saturday morning. As I was being gurneyed into the Emergency room entrance, Dr. Levy was sprinting past me into the hospital, to beat me to the lab. Wouldn't you like him on your side?
in Bastrop,Tx 78602 |
Dr. Levy saved my life the morning of 4/4/14, star flight from Bastrop,Texas straight to St.David's South Austin Hospital, Straight to the Heart Cath Lab, he was gloved and ready. 100% blockage on right side and 70% blockage on the left side. So now I have Stent on the right and a Stent on the left. He is my Hero! Even my flight crew stayed until they knew I was going to be okay. That is how I came to know Dr. Levy. He is very nice and office personnel is great.
Bastrop, TX |
When Dr. Levy sees you he is always prepared, knows your history, and asks questions pertinent to your situation. He remembers issues I've had and is always ready to answer my questions. My husband is also his patient and we both think he's just the best!
Leander, TX |
Dr Levy was recommended by a personal friend who was also one of his nurses. He was my husband's doctor and now mine. He is very thorough, compassionate and takes the time to explain everything to you. He has a wonderful nurse to talk to if you have problems between appointments. He makes you feel like you are the only patient he sees that day and that he cares about your wellbeing! He is the best!!
Austin, TX |
Dr. Levy has been an excellent doctor both clinically and interactionslly. He is a very good listener and customizes his approach to each patient.
in Austin, TX |
He is very good at explaining and listening to your questions and shows an interest in your health and concerns
Austin, TX |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Levy to friends, in fact I recommended him to my mother who thought he hung the moon.
in Austin, TX |
So happy to have found Dr Levy when we moved to Austin!
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Levy always takes the time to explain everything. He very compassionate. I really like him! He is very professional.
in Bastrop, TX |
Dr. Levi has been my cardiologist since 2014. He is extremely thorough and has always taken great care of me. I can't imagine anyone else looking after my heart. I recommend him to anyone who requires top notch cardio care.
in Kingsland, TX |
Dr. Levy has been my Cardiologist for several years now. He was recommended by a trusted friend and Dr. Levy has proven to be an excellent choice. He always takes time to explain his observations and to answer all of my questions.
in Austin, TX |
I spent sometime in the medical industry, both as a provider and as a patient. Seen several cardiologists over the past 20 years for routine checkups and some procedures. Gerald Levy is by far head and shoulder above all the ones I have been to before. He knows his medicine, is patient, considerate, great bedside manners, and doesn't rush to conclusions. I referred several friends and family members, including my wife, to him. I highly recommend him for anyone seeking first rate cardiology care!
in Del Rio, TX |
Dr. Levy is a life savior. Dr. Levy including his staff specifically his nurse Mariette have helped us through a very tough process with our 91 year old father's aortic valve replacement surgery and follow ups. Our father is in very good health considering, due to Dr. Levy's care who took a proactive approach to getting our father cured instead of letting it go like some other doctors would have based on his age. Our father is very active, cutting grass, gardening and walking. Thank you
Burnet, TX |
This doctor may just have saved my life
Have you seen Dr. Gerald Levy, MD?
Are you Dr. Levy?

Visit Dr. Levy

Dr. Levy accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
    Preferred PPO