Dr. Gerald Gallinghouse, MD

Dr. Gerald Gallinghouse, MD

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology  |

Dr. Gerald Gallinghouse, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Gallinghouse is affiliated with College Station Medical Center, Shannon Medical Center, Lubbock Heart Hospital, CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital, St. David's South Austin Medical Center, The Hospital at Westlake Medical Center, St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center and St. David's Medical Center.

Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia

3000 N Interstate 35 Ste 700

Austin, TX 78705

Learn about Dr. Gallinghouse

I'm an electrician for your heart. When your heart has an electrical malfunction, I correct it. The procedures I use are highly technical, but my priority is just to make your heart work the way it should. I'm not saying electrophysiology is simple. But I promise you'll understand what I'm doing and why.

Video

Dr. Gallinghouse's Experience

Dr. Gallinghouse's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

• Autonomic Disorders
  • Bradycardia
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders

• Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Electrophysiological Study
  • Heart Surgery
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement

• Baylor College Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of California San Francisco
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Gallinghouse has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Gallinghouse does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gallinghouse and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Gallinghouse's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gallinghouse to family and friends
Dr. Gallinghouse's Performance
in Round Rock, TX |
I've interfaced with Dr. Gallinghouse for the past 6 years. He first performed a cardioversion to stop the A Fib caused by a valve replacement. I've followed up with Dr. Gallinghouse over the next few years. My next encounter with Dr. Gallinghouse was to perform an ablation to permanently correct both A Fib and A Flutter. I've always had the upmost confidents in his skill and professionalism. He is very personable and make you feel very much as ease.
in POINT VENTURE , TX |
Dr. Gallinghouse diagnosed the cause of my problem with short-breath that I've had for some time. This is a problem I have discussed with my cardiologist , my pulmonary specialist , and my family doctor. None of them offered any explanation other than "this can be caused by many things". Dr Gallinghouse performed an EKG , saw a probable lack of sync between the electrical impulses to my heart's right and left ventricals , and is going to fix it by adding a third wire to my in-situ defibillator.
Odessa, TX |
I have a-fib. I had two ablation in 2008. Last year, I went out of sinus rhythm. I needed another pulmonary ablation. I'm 67 so I wanted to find a E/P doc that knew what he was doing. After research I choice Dr. Gallinghouse and got a better deal than I expected. I had the ablation in late February and in sinus rhythm. My energy level is getting better every day. They are still monitoring my heart beat with 'Heartrak'. He listens, he explains, he knows what he is doing and he cares. Five stars!
Brady, TX |
There are not enough good things to say about Dr. Gallinghouse and his staff--they are all exceptional. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gallinghouse to any of my family and my friends.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Gallinghouse performed an ablation for me last August and has done the follow-up work since. I have been very pleased with every aspect of the treatment and especially the results. I would not hesitate to recommend his practice and staff. Very satisfied patient..
in New Orleans |
My husband suddenly had an arrhythmia problem - treated with meds but ablation was the best solution (we live in a large city but decided to "seek the best" - research showed it was Dr. Gallinghouse. We flew to Austin for initial meeting -before leaving the office visit scheduled a return in 8 weeks for the surgery. Home run! Every single member of TCA/St. Mark's Hospital are best in in their field (and are well prepared for patients/family flying to Austin for surgery). We are in awe of Dr.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Gallinghouse is kind, professional and an excellent cardiac electrical doctor. He spends whatever time I need to discuss my condition. He is very honest and just an outstanding doctor. I have been seeing him about 8 years.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Gallinghouse is the best "electrical" doctor in Austin. My husband's recent visit to St. Davids was perfection, from the moment we checked in to checking out. My husband was so pleased with everything about St. Davids and the special care he received was phenomenal. Dr. Gallinghouse came into the waiting room and updated me on my husband's procedure. He then came in before we left the hospital. That was amazing. All of the St. Davids team did such a wonderful job as well. Great job!
Have you seen Dr. Gerald Gallinghouse, MD?
Are you Dr. Gallinghouse?

Visit Dr. Gallinghouse