Dr. Gerald Exil, MD

Dr. Gerald Exil, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Gerald Exil, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Warwick, RI. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

215 Toll Gate Rd Ste 108

Warwick, RI 02886

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Exil

See how frequently Dr. Exil performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
high
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Brain Disorders
high

Dr. Exil's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology
  • Pediatric Neurology

Dr. Exil does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ataxia
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Tremor
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• University Of Seville Faculty Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Mount Sinai Med Center Ny
  • Waterbury Med Center
  • Children's Hospital Of Philadelphi
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Exil has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Exil has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Exil does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Exil and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Exil's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Exil to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Exil's Performance
Newbury Park, CA |
I would give this Dr. 0 stars if this application would allow me to. He is NOT knowledgeable, you wait forever to be seen. There is no public restroom in his office. You are not able to use his Wi-Fi and you must turn off your phone in his office during your visit. You are not even allowed to turn off your ringer. He scolded me telling me I can't ask my own daughter questions, that he is the only person to ask questions, then he asks my daughter the very same question right after me.
Southbridge, MA |
Spent a lot of time with us answering all of our questions, seems very knowledgeable and friendly
in Warwick, RI |
Awesome, kind, caring, thorough, doctor. Brought my daughter there for severe migraines. Sometimes, you may wait a little, but he spends the same amount of time with you, so it's well worth it. Would HIGHLY recommend! After reading all the other reviews, I was very nervous. I am so grateful that I did not listen to the reviews alone and decided to make my own opinion. This doctor is one of RI's best! The one thing I would agree with is his office staff is certainly not the best.
in Coventry, RI |
Waited an hour for my child to be seen and then came in and got snippy because I was looking at my phone to tell the time and figure out if we were just going to leave, not at all impressed. Also left an urgent message once and never got a call back until I called back about a week later!
in Providence, RI |
We recently had our first visit with Dr Exil, and he was running behind schedule but we were okay with that because we were added last minute. His staff let us know he was running behind and we would have to wit. but he spent alot of time with us and was very thorough. His girls at the front desk were very courteous and good with our daughter. She had to have an EEG done and was not very cooperative but the girl was patient with her. Would recommend to anyone
in cranston |
After reading all of the reviews of Dr. Exil, i am baffled. I have been his patient since i was 7 years old and i am now 21 and never have i ever encountered anything that i am reading on here. He treats me like a true friend, And from day 1 he has been thorough and understanding and there when i need him. And his office staff has been amazing and more than helpful. One of the girls always asks how my mother is when she isnt with me at appointments. They are fantastic!
in Warwick, RI |
I was nervous about meeting him. He had bad reviews and the pediatrician referred him as a good neurologist with a note that some people are not a fan of his personality. We saw him this past Tuesday and he was fantastic!!! He was torough, did not rush us, gave useful information, and had my toddler smiling and interacting with him nicely. Not too stuffy for a pediatric specialist. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the office staff is indeed personality-less.
Pawtucket, RI |
Let's just say my daughter refuses to ever see him again
in West Warwick, RI |
Staff is like talking to brain dead robots. No cheerfulness, no conversation. Miserable people. Doctor speaks down to you. Take the time to find a different specialist. This place sucks.
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Exil didn't take my concerns seriously. Considering my young son's health is what's in question, I don't have time to deal with someone who is just going to brush us off.
Have you seen Dr. Gerald Exil, MD?
Are you Dr. Exil?

Visit Dr. Exil

Dr. Exil accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care