Dr. Gerald Bart, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat •  Male • Age 79

Dr. Bart

ENT and Sinus Center ABQ PC

401 Edith Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87102

Dr. Gerald Bart, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Albuquerque, NM. Dr. Bart has more experience with Upper Respiratory Conditions than other specialists in his area. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bart to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Otolaryngologists in your area

See similar Otolaryngologists in Albuquerque

Dr. Bart accepts

Dr. Bart accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Mexico

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Typically treats 77% more than their peers

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Acute Tonsillitis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Tonsillitis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Gerald Bart, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Bart's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bart

1.8

Dr. Bart?
What People Say About Dr. Gerald Bart, MD
He just disappeared. Operated twice on my nose and it didn't clear up the problem. Now I'm getting bills for months and no answer when I call his office. Just forwarded to some phone number in Michigan.
David – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
If I could give no stars, I would! My daughter has had issues with her tonsils for years, strep every couple of months. Took her to ‘Dr’ Bart 2 months ago and he said she has allergies. Allergy test was completely negative for everything. She got sick again and I took her in yesterday, and he kept going on that she had allergies but we couldn’t test for food allergies. I take her to another doctor this morning and got a positive test for strep again. He does not listen or take care of his patients, he’s just trying to push his so called ‘allergy drops’. Would not recommend his to anyone!
SM – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Bart. I’m hard pressed to think of a less caring or more unprofessional operation. I drive in three hours for appointments and I’ve repeatedly told staff this but they never seem to remember. An hour into my drive his office called and cancelled. I’d taken off work and had scheduled the appointment three weeks ago. Worst of all the appointment was to do what the doctor was supposed to have done at our last appointment. Also at the last appointment I waited for 45 minutes just to see an assistant. At the last appointment he was nowhere to be seen. The most his office could muster today was an apology. They clearly don’t think much of their clients and don’t care how much time or money they cost them. The time I did see him he seemed confused and dottery. His staff hovered around him watching his every move. Don’t waste your time.
Jason in NM – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
I don't recommend. He was quite late, and he did not take a history even though I was a new patient. He started telling me that inhaled & food allergies were causing my chronic cough before he even did a physical exam. He told me the only treatment was sublingual immunotherapy. I have verified with coworkers of mine who are medical doctors that this is non-standard assessment and treatment for chronic cough. I will be getting a second opinion.
Albuquerque, NM – Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
NO, NO, NO. Big mistake. We needed a EN&T doctor for my daughter. He surgically removed my daughter's tonsils in July of 2015. By July of 2016, she was having problems again. In October we found out that her tonsils had grown back bc Dr. Bart did not remove them all the way. She had to have the surgery again (but w a much better Dr.). I called Dr. Bart to tell him and ask for a refund since she had to have the surgery again. I only wanted what I pd out of pocket. He refused. Scoundrel.
Fullerton, CA – Sep 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
Great experience! 1st M.D. who has ever addressed diet with me - as I've never been overweight. It was so refreshing Dr. Bart didn't just resort to antibiotics - the old so-called "remedies," to address recurring sinus infections. Between his recommended treatments, and the support in addressing foods as possible inflammatories - I am so much better! Ironic I came to Dr. Bart by accident since my last doctor left the state. I am very lucky to have happened on Dr. Bart!
C G in Albuquerque, NM – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
When I called to schedule the appointment I clearly stated I needed to see Dr regarding my ear problem. Got to my appt half an hour early to fill out paperwork & the Dr was 45 minutes late to see me. After telling him about my ear problem he said to me that he wasn't an ear specialist Dr. When inquiring about my co-payment being reimbursed to me he refused to reimburse me. Clearly unprofessional And a rip off and will probably charge the insurance co. a fee also. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Albuquerque, NM – Jul 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
I visited Dr. Bart's office 2 weeks ago due to a 6 month condition of fluctuating hearing loss, ruptured ear drum and feeling generally ill, unable to comprehend my environment in noisy situations, etc... He is an ENT. When I visited his office he said he thought I had allergies and did not listen to any of my symptoms. He suggested that I get an allergy blood test and I had been told by a friend to also request a thyroid test. He said that was a good idea. Today I went back to his office to rev
David S. in Albuquerque, NM – Jun 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
If at first you don't succeed try again. After a failed procedure and allergy meds, Gerald Bart went all innovative; He modified equipment (on hand) to administer a steroid 'blast' to a stubbornly closed Eustachian tube with great success.
A Hageman in Albuquerque, NM – May 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?
He left the Sate of Ohio approx. 2009 after several complaints against him for malpractice. I advise anyone not to go anywhere near him. He did not do proper testing, prescribed too high a dosage of medication and I had to make 3 trips to ER with severe nosebleeds, like gushing very serious nosebleeds. I was told by 2 different Drs. that in all probability it was cause by his poor care. when I filed a complaint with state of Ohio I was told there were other complaints against him.
Jenny Logan in Hillsboro, OH – Dec 18, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Bart, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bart?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

Worcester City Hosp
1965
Worcester City Hosp

More Information

• Does Dr. Bart communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bart communicates via email

• Does Dr. Bart offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bart offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Bart offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bart offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Bart have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bart has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Bart offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bart offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Bart offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Bart offers evening visits