Dr. George Younan, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 36

Dr. Younan

Virginia Surgery Associates

3620 Joseph Siewick Dr Ste 406 Fairfax, VA 22033

Dr. George Younan, MD is a general surgery specialist in Fairfax, VA. He graduated from American University Of Beirut and specializes in general surgery.

Dr. Younan accepts

Dr. Younan accepts the following insurance:

Select
Cigna Connect Network
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Younan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Younan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer

Dr. Younan treats Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Younan treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Open

Dr. Younan performs Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Open more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Younan performs this procedure more than 93% of his peers

• Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophageal Varices
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Bile Duct Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Lung Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Varicose Veins
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy
  • Wound Repair

I never had second thoughts on becoming a surgeon. Ever since I started using my hands for arts as a kid, I realized I will have to do something in my future where I use my hands to fix things, most importantly surgically fix my patients problems. De...

• General Surgery

Medical College Of Wisconsin
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Harvard Medical School (Massachusetts General Hospital / Brigham and Women's Hospital)
American University Of Beirut

Dr. Younan?
Dr. Younan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. George Younan, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Younan is a great surgeon. While I was under his care, he was highly professional, but also compassionate, patient, understanding and funny too. He was very meticulous every step of the way to ensure the surgery went well and the desired outcome is achieved. He also has a great team at Virginia Surgery Associates Fairfax doctor’s office and at Fair Oaks Hospital. He and his team made sure that I was comfortable and happy during this difficult time. I am truly appreciative of the outstanding medical care and kindness that was extended to me. I now feel great because of it. From my own experience, I highly recommend him for surgery related to metastatic Pancreatic Cancer and related diseases.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Amazing doctor!! Got me back to feeling myself again! Great Team, Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan is my liver doctor/surgeon since I was diagnosed as Stage 4. My cancer spread from my rectum to my liver and Dr Younan was my doctor who saved my life by removing two cancer spots on my liver and my gallbladder. He is a very caring doctor who has a great sense of humor and also is genuine and realistic on a human level with his patients. He is always checking in on me to see how I am doing and also to make sure my cancer does not reappear. Without Dr. Younan and Virginia Surgical Associates, I would have been miserable and possibly not writing this. I Highly recommend Virginia Surgical Associates and the entire staff for any type of procedure. Kathy Pickard
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan was so incredibly considerate & informative as he treated my mother for pancreatic cancer. We prayed for a physician who would treat my mother w/complete diligence & tact; Dr. Younan was just the blessing we sought. In fact, the entire team (Dr. Shaver & PA, Danielle) was extremely pleasant and thorough. I cannot thank you enough for the genuine compassion displayed to us during our time of need. I highly recommend Dr. Younan’s medical services for pancreatic cancer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Best surgeon when it comes to pancreas surgery. We highly recommend after he operated on our mother. Very professional and sincere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Great surgeon, great group. Highly recommend him for liver surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
I took my wife 4 months ago for her gallbladder surgery, the service was excellent and I highly recommend the surgeon and the group
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan was so incredibly kind and thoughtful from the moment I met him at my appointment. I was in severe pain and needed a consult before having my gallbladder removed. Dr. Younan took the time to listen to me and was able to schedule my surgery right away. I am so grateful to him for everything. Excellent surgeon, bedside manner, and extremely knowledgeable. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan is the best doctor. He took care of me very well. He is very kind person. Thank you very much Dr Younan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
He is an excellent doctor/surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
I had to have surgery in November of 2018. Dr. Younan was very professional, kind and had excellent bed-side manners. I appreciate Dr. Younan ability to retrieve the cyst that I had as he was a blessing to me in my life. He always possessed a very cheerful attitude and I will never forget what he has done. I hope that God continues to bless Dr. Younans hands to continue to do outstanding work!! Lovingly Priscilla
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
The care that Dr Younan gave me was excellent. His bedside manner was outstanding. He performed laparoscopic surgery to remove an ulcer and benign tumor and repair a hernia from the upper portion of my stomach. He also had to remove about 1/5 of my stomach. Since the operation, I have not experienced any pain. I would highly recommend Dr Younan to anyone. He is an excellent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
I had been to quite a few doctors before I finally received an in-hospital consult from Dr. Younan. From the start, the first thing I noticed was his willingness to take as much time as I needed to fully understand exactly what the nature of my illness was, and my options for dealing with it. He is a very pleasant man, an excellent doctor and surgeon, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends or family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan is one of the most compassionate doctors I’ve ever met. He explains the situation very thoroughly and will answer any questions with courtesy and patience. He is not only a kind doctor, he is a kind person. I highly recommend Dr. Younan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan originally saw my wife when she was hospitalized for pancreatitis. When they discovered a mass on her pancreas, he quickly arranged for a biopsy and presented us with the results. Fortunately it was not a tumor, but he recommend removal of her gall bladder. He explained the procedure and the aftercare in a manner that was easily understood. Highly recommend for procedures involving the pancreas, liver, and gall bladder.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan is an excellent surgeon and one who shows concern and compassion for his patients. He describes the procedure he will be doing in a very understandable way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
When I learned I had potentially cancerous cysts on my pancreas as well as gallstones, I was veru lucky to be referred to Dr. George Younan. I was immediately impressed by his intelligent, clear explanation of my condition, and his thorough answers to my questions. He knowledgeably laid out my surgical options, inspiring my confidence, and helping me make the best choices. My surgery and recovery progressed exactly as he had predicted, and within 2 months, I am able to resume my normal routines.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
Dr. Younan is outstanding and then some. If you have pancreatic issues - go see him. He completely explains what he is going to do, what the surgery will entail, what the risks are, and how long the recovery process will be. He has surrounded himself with a great team of professionals whose goal is to help you get better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?
July 30, 2018 Dr. Younan performed my laparoscopic procedure to remove my gallbladder. This doctor's skills and professionalism goes above and beyond what anyone could want in a doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone needing surgery in the future. My procedure was somewhat of an emergency and Dr. Younan worked me in his busy day without hesitation. Thanks to him and the staff to include Dr. Ahmed who also played a significant role in my care. Again my thanks to Dr. Younan and Dr. Ahmed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Younan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Younan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Younan treats patients.

Inova Fairfax Hospital