Dr. George Wahba, MD

Dr. George Wahba, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. George Wahba, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Wahba is affiliated with Mercy Hospitals, Bakersfield Memorial Hospital and Adventist Health Bakersfield.

Mercy Orthopedic Hand & Spine Center

300 Old River Rd Ste 200

Bakersfield, CA 93311

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • GEMCare
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Wahba

Dr. Wahba takes a very conservative approach to spine surgery, and believes surgery should only be considered once all conservative options are exhausted. His world-class training provides him with extensive knowledge in comprehensive spine care, including both conservative and surgical treatments.

Dr. Wahba's Experience

Dr. Wahba's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine

• Disc Replacement
  • Disc Surgery
  • Epidural Block
  • Facet Block
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Thoracic Disc Surgery
  • Thoracic Surgical Procedure
  • Total Disc Replacement
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, Los Angeles. (UCLA)
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wahba does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wahba and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Wahba is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Wahba's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wahba to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Wahba's Performance
in Bakersfield, Ca. |
After 8 months of deteriorating back pain and numbness, Dr. Wahba ordered an MRI which showed my L5 was herniated. He quickly recommended an out patient surgery that saved my life. He did everything he said he was going to do and gave me numerous options before we agreed to the surgery. This was Dec. 24th 2013 and it was the best Christmas gift I've ever received. Thank you Dr. Wahba
Los Angeles, CA |
If you're thinking about or have been referred to Dr. Wahba, don't waste your time - FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR! This man is ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS! He's the rudest person I have EVER met! Seriously go SOMEWHERE ELSE! Doesn't let you talk and is extremely RUDE! Not sure where he's from but it's unacceptable!!
in Bakersfield, CA |
I underwent near 5 hour surgery for a pinched nerve on the night of March 10, 2016 and I am so grateful to say that Dr. Wahba has saved my life. His expertise and skill as an orthopedic surgeon gave me a new life. I can now walk, cook, work, lie down on a bed, eat, and do other daily activities all thanks to Dr. Wahba. I can't stress enough the care and kindness that Dr. Wahba is. He is truly one of the BEST orthopedic surgeon out there and I can not thank him enough for giving me back my life.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Absolutely would not recommend this condescending dr. Very rude, relying entirely on one X-ray, and had no interest in trying to understand the pain I had or where it was coming from. Don't waste your time!
in Lake Isabella, CA |
Dr.Wahba's hands are the best hands you could ever be in besides God's. He is very professional and personal to your needs. He takes his job very serious which in his profession it is very serious. I check out my doctors before I let anyone touch me. Sorry to say there are many doctors out there who just want the money from sugery even if you don't need it. Dr.Wahba is a wonderful caring person. I have named him THE GOLDEN CHILD!! HE HAS HANDS OF GOLD!! BEST SPINE DOCTOR EVER.
Bakersfield, CA |
If I could get a zero Stars I would also. I seen Dr Waba he was really cool and upfront at first we had surgery unfortunately with his expertise did not fix my problem first follow-up appointment he has horrible attitude like he is God. He just became really short. And sent me for MRI I had a nerve conduction test done prior to surgery they came out negative. He said those tests don't tell everything. We went ahead with the surgery at the post-operative he sent me for new tests they came back ne
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Wahba performed a micro-discectomy on me due to severe sciatic nerve pain. It has been 6 weeks since the surgery and I am feeling much better and very happy with my decision to go with him and do the surgery. He was upfront and honest about what to expect after the surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Wahba, he's no doubt the best in town. I saw negative reviews about the staff but I had a good experience with them, especially the surgery coordinator, Nancy.
Bakersfield, CA |
I would not recommend this man to my worst enemy
in Bakersfield, CA. |
Dr. Wahba is a excellent doctor he is kind and understanding to his patients. On 2016 dr. Wahba perform surgery on my neck. I was having pain in my neck and down my arms. Dr. Wahba insured me that my surgery would go very well. Indeed I am doing real good now and expect to do better each day. Thank you very much dr. Wahba. This was endorsed by John Moody.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Ppl do your research and you will find he is one of the most top rated spinal doctors in the country and Bakersfield is lucky to have him here... I highly recommend him to anyone... Everything about the Doc and his staff is professional, kind , caring and super friendly.. Love those girls... Chris Tate... P.S. Don't mistake the confidence this man has for arrogance. He know his stuff.. PT 3
in Bakersfield, CA |
Seriously- this doctor cares and is not doing his job just for the money. He cares about the outcome. He is very serious about his work as surgeon. He is not the bedside comedy type of a doctor because what he does is seriously important in your recovery. He doesn't waste time on small talk because his talent is surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Wahba
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Wahba is an excellent and caring doctor who performed a double laminectomy/discectomy/foraminectomy on my L4 & L5 vertebrae. He was honest and up front and carefully explained the surgical procedures, etc. Post-op I experienced very little pain and was off my pain meds within a few weeks. The surgery was a complete success with very little discomfort and I would highly recommend Dr. Wahba for any kind of lower back or neck surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Kind of a pompous person. Not someone whom I think a regular Bakersfield person will relate to. Staff was insubordinate in offering information that was impertinent to current situation, against my permission. I am not the only person to have this experience, my friend had some serious surgery performed by him, and bit nearly half his tongue off. Wahba was less than sympathetic, and may now be facing litigation. Proceed with caution.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I am fortunate I was able to find Dr. Wahba. After xrays, an MRI, a few visits to Dr. Wahba and some attempts at physical therapy for a few months, I concluded I wasn't going to get better without surgery. Dr. Wahba was never quick to rush me into surgery. After scheduling surgery to lift bone off of crushed nerves, I could not have been more impressed and confident in my decision. His office and staff could not be more friendly and helpful (thanks to Jan and Christina and the others!).
Bakersfield, CA |
Just horrible, he cuts you off when talking and won't listen to anything you say. I waited two months to see him and all he basically said was hi, bye, and get a second quote from another orthopedic for peace of mind.
in Bakersfield, CA |
When I first saw Dr. Wahba, I could not sit, walk or stand without pain. I had a cyst on my lower spine between 2 disks. He explained procedure very well taking time to explain the need for fusion of the disks as well as cyst removal. Within a week I had no pain and although was in a brace for 3 months continued to have no pain. I year later I walk 4 miles a day, can bend and twist again with not pain.
in bakersfeild, california |
I have found that Dr Wahba is technically fantastic but his personal skills are lacking. He is so quick to walk in and walk out. It maybe the best and most correct solution to the problem but he should take a few more minutes to talk to the patient.
in Bakersfield, California |
I love Dr. Wahba. Doctor took his time to ask questions and help with my symptoms.Eexcellent service from the time you walk into the doctor's office until you leave. All staff act professionally and are friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Wahba
Have you seen Dr. George Wahba, MD?
Are you Dr. Wahba?

Visit Dr. Wahba

Dr. Wahba accepts 19 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO

2215 Truxtun Ave
Adventist Health Bakersfield
2615 Chester Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Wahba at Mercy Orthopedic Hand & Spine Center