Dr. George Vargas, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Dr. George Vargas, MD

Dr. George Vargas, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Pembroke Pines, FL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Vargas is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Miramar and Memorial Regional Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Vargas' Care Philosophy

PROVIDE UP TO DATE HIGH QUALITY ENDOCRINE CARE

Dr. Vargas' Experience

See how Dr. Vargas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vargas

Dr. Vargas accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Vargas is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Vargas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vargas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vargas to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Vargas' Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
Hollywood, FL |
A simple appointment takes 2 and a half hours this is carzy .
Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Vargas might be a good doctor and his staff leaves a bad reputation for his office. Today I went to see him for my results since he doesn't give out results over the phone, and they told me that my apt was mistakenly scheduled until next week. I told them I haven't being feeling well lately but they didn't care to see me. His receptionist Victor even told me that he was going to call the police if I didn't leave. Disappointed. I will look for a another doctor.
in Hollywood, FL |
I left you three messages in three days; need to set up appointments for two people. you're getting no stars now.
ft lauderdale, fl |
I have been with Dr. Vargas for years now and is the main reason I have stayed with him. His office staff is a mess and has extremely high turn over. Dr. Vargas is a very knowledgeable doctor, but his manner of speaking may not be for everyone (very loud). I am considering changing doctors not necessarily because of Dr. Vargas specifically but the overall atmosphere of the practice, wait time, and incompetent staff.
Office makes you pay before seeing the doctor, even if you have PPO insurance. They charged me 100% of the amount allowed by my insurance for a procedure when I was only supposed to pay 20%. I even showed a previous explanation of benefits but they would not listen. Took 2 months to get refund. Wait time to see the doctor is 1-2 hours. When I switched doctors, they would not send my records to the new doctor, despite several calls from the new office and myself.
Hollywood, FL |
I think he is a good doctor but office is run very inefficiently. Took one week for staff to call refill meds, called wrong dosage numerous calls were made and was not followed up by his office. Had to get diabetic med as emergency from pharmacy. Sorry but we will be changing doctor.
in Hollywood, FL |
I will not recommend for any one, charged me $250 for the 1st visit that last less than 10 minutes saying he can do nothing to me . i believe $250 is too much money to pay in order to get a paper to do some lab tests,. they asked me to cone back about 5 days later with lab results, they called me in the morning a couple of hours before my appointment they want to canc and reschdual me 19 days later, i refused as my suger was higher than 600 and .I asked them to cancel permenantly.
in Pembroke Pines |
Great Doctor. He takes care of my entire family. But the office is terribly run. The office manager has plenty of attitude. I recently tried to fix an issue I was having and she literally lied about the entire thing . You're better off dying from a diabetic coma before coming here.
Hollywood, FL |
Known him for years. He is very knowledgeable.
in Hollywood, FL |
My first appointment with Dr. Vargas last month was great. Dr. Vargas was funny, helpful, personable, and while maybe a little rushed, I received all the information and prescriptions I needed. The office staff was helpful scheduling my next appointment and answering more questions. My only complaint has been the ease of acquiring letters of medical necessity for new medical devices: either they've been not completed at all or not completed correctly. I'm still working on this issue.
in Pompano, Florida |
I would never recommend ANYONE to his office.... I should have listened to the reviews I read online. Even on here he only has 2 stars and that's one of his higher ratings. I only gave him one star in each category because I did not have the option of giving him 0 stars!!!!! He is rude, unkind, up charges for every single thing his office performs. He tried to tell me 10 different times I had diabetes when my blood work did not even support that claim. I fainted twice. He is a pig
in Pembroke Pines |
I had a really bad experience. Both George Vargas and Maria (his assistant) are third world MD healthcare practitioners providing third world healthcare service. Is hard to believe that kind of people are licensed to practice anywhere in the US; he does not only barely expeaks English but shows a total disregard for his patients' needs, needless to say he and his staff could not care less for delivering high level of service and customer satisfaction.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Horrible staff - they never get back to messages, long wait times, unprofessional and very disorganized. Dr. Vargas himself is subpar and not worth the 1hr + wait and frustration.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I?ve been a patient of Dr. Vargas for over a year due the him being the only one in my insurer?s network and one of very few in the West Pembroke Pines area. My overall experience has been absolutely terrible and I would recommend him neither to friends nor to family. Not only is he very unprofessional and edging the unethical side but his office staff is very rude and consistently show complete disregard for their patient wellbeing. They are only after getting your money as quick as they can.
in Miami |
If you want to wait 2 hours in waiting room and another 40 min in the room to be seen this is the place to go. But mind you, they have a whole page in paper work for your credit card info to charge you $50 in case you miss your appointment or cancel it in less than 24hrs in advance. I think that says a lot about doctor. No respect to patients' time. No idea how to run a medical office.
Have you seen Dr. George Vargas, MD?
Are you Dr. Vargas?

Compare Dr. Vargas

Dr. Vargas' Care Philosophy

PROVIDE UP TO DATE HIGH QUALITY ENDOCRINE CARE

Dr. Vargas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Vargas has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vargas' Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Cushing's Syndrome
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Hospital De Especialidades Centro Medico Nacional La Raza

Graduated in 1991

Issste-20 De Noviembre

Graduated in 1989

Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre Y Maestra (Pucmm), Facultad De Ciencias De La Salud

Graduated in 1986

Completed in 1998

Colegio De La Salle , Santiago , Dominican Republic

Graduated in 1980

• French

Dr. Vargas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vargas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism