Dr. George W. Tipton Jr., MD

Dr. George W. Tipton Jr., MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Seton Spine And Rehabilitation 3724 Executive Center Dr Ste G10, Austin, TX 78731 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My father was my inspiration to become a physician. His sense of duty to his nation and our community instilled in me the desire to go into medicine. He had served our country as a surgeon in WWII and served the Austin community in numerous ways. He and Mom encouraged my sister and I to go beyond college and obtain post-graduate degrees.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Tipton Jr.'s Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Tipton Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tipton Jr.

Dr. Tipton Jr. accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Tipton Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Tipton Jr.'s Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tipton Jr. to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Tipton Jr.
Dr. Tipton Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (13)
in Round Rock, TX |
I've had three spine surgeries in 20 years with Dr. Tipton. All surgeries were warranted and this belief comes with working judiciously with Dr. Tipton to confirm the surgery need. His approach starts with anything but surgery until the appropriate options are exhausted then surgery only after he's confident he can affect the desired outcome. I'm so confident in him that I'll let no one else operate on my spine. Very high recommendatoins.
in Leander, TX |
Dr. Tipton has been my back surgeon since 2011. He has operated on my back 2 times and now it looks like I'm headed for a 3rd. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Tipton and his experience. Additionally, the staff at his main office has always been very supportive and helpful (Stephanie was awesome!!!). I cannot endorse Dr. Tipton and the staff enough!!
in Hutto, TX |
I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Tipton. He went out of his way to squeeze me in for an emergency surgical consult between performing surgery and another commitment he had. He was thorough with his exam and explained all options with clarity and was unbiased in presentation of pros/cons and potential risks. His nurse was polite, professional, and personable. Everyone took their time and I did not feel rushed in any way. I have received follow up phones calls and all of my questions have been answered.
in Pflugerville, TX |
I found Dr. Tipton to be rude and condescending. I was in the exam room and needed to go to the restroom and walked out of the exam room and Dr. Tipton asked, Can I help you? like I wasn't supposed to be there when I am already wearing a hospital gown. In the exam room as he was explaining my options, I asked a question about the procedure. He then asked me in a rude tone, Do you want to ask questions, or can I finish. I don't know why people call him Buddy. He was not a Buddy to me.
Have you seen Dr. George W. Tipton Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Tipton Jr.?

Why It Matters: Dr. Tipton Jr.'s Board Certifications

• General Surgery

Dr. Tipton Jr. says..

In my practice of spine surgery, I've recognized the need for nonsurgical spine care. In the 1990's there were few physicians who specialized in nonsurgical treatment, but by 1994 I found like-minded doctors and a physical therapist who delivered high-quality, conservative care. We launched a pilot project with a large group of primary care physicians and a well-known insurance carrier, demonstrating that appropriate care with good outcomes could be delivered in a manner that conserved important resources. I have participated in two research papers.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Achilles Tendinitis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

3. Microsurgery
  4. Pinched nerve treatment with laminectomy
  5. Pinched nerve treatment with discectomy
  6. Spinal fusion for low back pain
This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

John Sealy Hosp

Completed in 1939

John Sealy Hosp

Completed in 1949

Dr. Tipton Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tipton Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tipton Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Tipton Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

×

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Tipton Jr.

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Tipton Jr.'s Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Tipton Jr.

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Tipton Jr. says...

The son of a surgeon, I was born in the original Seton Hospital and grew up in Austin, Texas. I'm an orthopedic spine surgeon and have been in practice since 1983. I founded the Spine and Rehabilitation Center in 1994 and have been in the Seton Healthcare Family since 2011.

Dr. Tipton Jr.'s Care Philosophy